Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Eating too much or not enough?

History:

Working out on and off 5 years.

5'11
    Starting weight 145lbs
    Current 228lbs

Basically as of right now since i got a decent deal on some chicken, made a deal with a local butcher. My day follows on a normal work day. Weekends i cheat a bit and tend to miss a few meals. I know i need to get on this.

Get up:

6-7 raw eggs, 100g of oats(quick)

Gym

then i eat every 2-3hrs throughout the day.

meal 2: 9 oz of lean chicken breast, 100-120g of oats

meal 3: 9 oz of lean chicken breast, 100-120g of oats

meal 4: 9 oz of lean chicken breast, 100-120g of oats

meal 5: 9 oz of lean chicken breast, 100-120g of oats

meal 6 is either the above or a protein shake with 75 grams of oats, 52g grams of protein in the shake.

Before bed meal 7: 16 oz of cottege cheese. 4%

I ll toss in 2-4 liver tabs throughout the day with each meal

I consume around 2 gallons of water a day.

This is about an average for me. Im noticing im putting on some body fat, maybe i need to up the cardio, i havnt broken down my macros in years. I was eating 3 1/2oz of lean whole food, chicken breast, some form of steak, or fish. Ive slowly uppped it as my weight increased.

Seriously im spending close a month on food to what my rent is... basically half my income goes to food/rent/gym.

weekends i splurge, every now and then, baconator, 4-5 big macs, taco bell. Junk... its dense calories but its helped put on weight but im not sure if the correct weight im looking for. Any thoughts?

Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mike_Jones_MISC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    also i take 0 supplements, no multi in about 2 years. Ive taken creatine, glutamine, animal pak, and all kinds of other goofy stuff when i first started and had no idea what i was doing. Stopped pissing my money away and spent it on whole food.

Looking to dial in my nutrition. My gym habbits and sleep habbits are pretty good. But i feel my eating habbits need to be fixed. I crap ALOT. Serious.

Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds like your eating a looot of chicken, next time when at the butcher get some lean ground beef or some steaks, i would also add salmon in your diet. Nothing wrong with chicken, just that you will get sick of it after time

Same thing with your oats, switch it up with rice, wheat bread, potatoes, bagels etc..

MarkandLiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You might want to try and vary your diet some. That's a lot of chicken and oats. You should try and eat some complex carbs besides oats. Veggies and fruits are dense with vitamins and nutrients that your probably not getting from the oats and you said you weren't taking a multi. Other protein sources such as fish and lean beef might also help. If your goal is to lose fat you might want to take a look at how many calories your consuming. Just a thought.
    Mark - "Hey I know how we can eat flax seed oil."
    Liz - "Hows that?"
    Mark - "We can shoot it like liquor at the bar."
    Liz - " I'll probably puke."

Originally Posted by Saleenmuscle View Post
    Sounds like your eating a looot of chicken, next time when at the butcher get some lean ground beef or some steaks, i would also add salmon in your diet. Nothing wrong with chicken, just that you will get sick of it after time

Same thing with your oats, switch it up with rice, wheat bread, potatoes, bagels etc..
    Ive been eating 6-7 times a day for years. Its gotten old awhile back. Its just like pulling up to the pump and fueling up. Thats how i see it. I dont do anything special with my food anymore in terms of "spicing it up". I can down it within 10mins and im good for another 2-3hrs.

Ive done rice, yams, beef, fish, different parts of the cow, chicken, you name it, ive tried it.

Butcher is giving me a great deal on some chicken breast. Last week it was at $5.19 at the local grocery stores. Im getting it at $1.69lb if i buy 30lbs+ at a time. So eating big is starting to cost me. I spent around $55 a month just on cottege cheese. Water i pick up around 32-40 gallons at a time. Then im good for awhile and just consume it all.

Protein is protein... ive been growing.. so slow but its progress. Im just putting on some BF that im not interested in. Unless its inevitable when you reach 230+. When i graduated highschool i was 140. I just feel im not eating right. I ll have to break down my macros.

Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saleenmuscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mike_Jones_MISC View Post
    Ive been eating 6-7 times a day for years. Its gotten old awhile back. Its just like pulling up to the pump and fueling up. Thats how i see it. I dont do anything special with my food anymore in terms of "spicing it up". I can down it within 10mins and im good for another 2-3hrs.

Ive done rice, yams, beef, fish, different parts of the cow, chicken, you name it, ive tried it.

Butcher is giving me a great deal on some chicken breast. Last week it was at $5.19 at the local grocery stores. Im getting it at $1.69lb if i buy 30lbs+ at a time. So eating big is starting to cost me. I spent around $55 a month just on cottege cheese. Water i pick up around 32-40 gallons at a time. Then im good for awhile and just consume it all.

Protein is protein... ive been growing.. so slow but its progress. Im just putting on some BF that im not interested in. Unless its inevitable when you reach 230+. When i graduated highschool i was 140. I just feel im not eating right. I ll have to break down my macros.
    Ya protein is protein but different foods have different vitamins essential for the body to grow.

As far as your original question, for me at the moment i eat about the same amount as you, except a little less protein and more carbs. It's the bulking season anyway why not try some new diet plans see what works and doesn't, because everyone is different.

It may cost you a bit more, but who said bodybuilding was cheap lol

Hope that helps bro

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is that really all you eat? No fruits/vegetables/nothing?

If so, you really should rethink your entire diet. If you care about your health, that is.
    No sir, I don't like it.

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What about fat? Do you get any?

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Is that really all you eat? No fruits/vegetables/nothing?

If so, you really should rethink your entire diet. If you care about your health, that is.
    yes i need to start supplementing in vitamins

i use to pour my money down the drain in products that didnt work, whole foods work

fruits? sugar/water/some vitamins that can be supplemented

vegetables, fiber? i ll have to look into that

yes basically what i eat at the moment, like i said my diet is off, but i dont need to go eating 2 strawberries with every meal, im looking to gain muscle mass

Originally Posted by hooked4life View Post
    What about fat? Do you get any?
    read about what i consume on weekends

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    don't be a dick. splurging on fat 2 days a week isn't what i mean and you know it.

Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes i need to start supplementing in vitamins
    No, you need to get your diet right. Again, only if you care about your health.

BTW, how long have you been on the chicken and oat diet?
    No sir, I don't like it.

lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im a complete moron for thinking their is something magical about chicken and oats.
    Agree

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You have no fat in your diet unless you count the raw eggs
    and you shouldnt be eating raw eggs because your body can't digest them nearly as well.
    Get some variety, you need way less protein, more fat, and veggies and fruits.
    Brocolli
    Spinach
    Banana
    Apple
    Almonds/PB
    Olive Oil/Olives
    FISH
    Tea
    Milk
    Tuna
    Beef
    Cheese

As for water, why do you buy gallons of water, buy a water filter and drink it from the tap. If cottage cheese is expensive, eat pb and milk
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

no offence but i dont see how taking nutritional advice from smaller guys will help me... ive been as small as you before, eat big

no chicken and oats isnt magical

but protein and complex carbs are... ive been 140lbs, ive been 180, ive been 200, ive been 220... im nearing some goals of mine before i start using aa's in the next 2 years, I would like to hold 240-250 natural with some BF but nothing too high...

a personal trainer that tells you to eat 3 meals a day and lift heavy curling in the squat rack is advice i would like to avoid

my muscles really dont distinguish the difference between nuts berries fruit

protein is protein

just looking to dial in my macros and find some cheaper alternatives, again my grocery bill is probably your rent, and im just eating chicken and oats... i seroiusly coudnt afford to eat beef at the current cost with as much as i eat per serving per day... id be spending close to a grand a month on food.. i cant do that not on my budget

chicken is cheap, chicken works, yes bigger then you

yes more advice from bigger guys and there thoughts on consumption of whole food

ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000) ThomasH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Switch your quick oats with steel cut oats.
    2-4x the carbs and protein.
    Don't believe me? Read the label.
    Last edited by ThomasH; 10-14-2008 at 06:09 PM.
    My workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=269323451&posted=1#post269323451
    I rep back(200+)

Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post

Stay in school kids!
    No sir, I don't like it.

Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000) Paumen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Where is the red meat ??? Props on the transformation.

Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    your 15 136lbs

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    So I guess you don't care about overall health. As long as you are bigger your diet is superior?
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head