seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lactose intolerance = protein not absorbed?

I'm lactose intolerant, and whenever I try to drink milk I get the ****s, big time. I don't really mind, as long as I'm getting my protein, but does my lactose intolerance interfere with the absorption of the protein from the milk? In other words, am I getting that protein, or is it being ****ted (new word, lol) out?

devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well as you may already know, lactose intolerance is a deficiency or lack of a digestive enzyme (Lactase) is the small intestine that digests lactose. It's genetic and hereditary. Now your question. I doubt you're getting all the milk protein you ingest, maybe some but how much I don't know. Some of the protein is broken down in the stomach into polypeptide chains by pepsin. This you may have the chance to absorb in the small intestine. Digestion is a step by step process that occurs where the stomach breaks some protein down into polypetide chains, then trypsin in the small intestine breaks it down further into peptides and then into amino acids by peptidases. Depending on how quickly your body rejects the milk, is how much protein you're actually absorbing since it takes time to break down. Question I have is, why would you subject yourself to that? There are plenty of other protein sources besides milk that won't give you the ****s. If you're doing this on a daily basis, it's not good for your body either. You'll irritate the inner digestive track lining and dehydrate yourself in the process. Hope this helps.

andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i to am lactose intolerant and its a big hassle. As far as the protein goes, look for one that you can mix with water like nitro-tech but muscletech stuff is kinda pricy so if your on a budget im sure theres others.
    peace

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Intolerance is the result of low adult levels of the digestive tract enzyme lactase, which breaks down the lactose found in milk and converts it into simple sugars that the body can use as energy. Without lactase, undigested lactose would cause unpleasant side effects such as bloating and gas.
    Consuming milk can help people recondition their digestive systems to accept dairy foods without discomfort.

Well, I have a tip for you not too chit too much:
    1. Drink milk is smaller quantities, more times a day. And try that for 3-5 weeks, by that way you can train your digestive systems to break down lactose.

Protein:
    Lactose and protein are two very different things. I am not going to explain how, but your protein doesn't go away with ****ting.

Fact:
    Low protein intake can result in a low testosterone levels...
    Peace
    ...Loved by many, hated by few...

TwistedBrother has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm lactose intolerant too. For my shakes I use Lactaid milk. You can try those chewable lactaid pills. It didn't work for me though. Sometimes I just mix my powders with water.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just buy the lactase enzyme, you can get it real cheap at GNC.
    Peace

GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoodForHisAge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Layne...
    Why supplements?
    To build-up your intolerance, you have to drink milk, not reject it.
    Just drink milk in small amounts and more times a day...Try that for several weeks, it should help...
    And it is a proven fact...
    Peace

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Um, i'd rather just drink alot of milk and take the supplement
    peace

Skipper55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hope I don't pay but I rarely drink milk, some might consider it never since the only time I will have is when we go for breackfast somewhere.

Aight, thats your choice...
    Peace

What?

devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by GoodForHisAge
    Intolerance is the result of low adult levels of the digestive tract enzyme lactase, which breaks down the lactose found in milk and converts it into simple sugars that the body can use as energy. Without lactase, undigested lactose would cause unpleasant side effects such as bloating and gas.
    Consuming milk can help people recondition their digestive systems to accept dairy foods without discomfort.

Well, I have a tip for you not too chit too much:
    1. Drink milk is smaller quantities, more times a day. And try that for 3-5 weeks, by that way you can train your digestive systems to break down lactose.

Protein:
    Lactose and protein are two very different things. I am not going to explain how, but your protein doesn't go away with ****ting.

Fact:
    Low protein intake can result in a low testosterone levels...
    Peace
    Doesn't work for everybody, some people are biologically incapable of producing lactase in sufficient amounts. Most Asians and African Americans are lactose intolerant, it's genetic. Also, protein can indeed be shiitted out. If the protein is not in your small intestine long enough, it's not broken down into the individual amino acids and can not be absorbed into the blood stream.

Originally posted by GoodForHisAge
    What?
    What? What?

Oh...
    You didn't say anything before...

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I have to hold myself from ****ting for a while so that the protein can be digested?

(I can't get that enzyme stuff unless I order from somewhere over the net; I live in Hong Kong - I had problems find ing even a goddamned e/c stack). Thanks, all.

andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andy1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well i totally agree with devil dog, in light of Goodforhisage's comment, drinking less milk more increases the tolerance? Now i don't know where you read that bud, but your obviously not lactose intolerant. The difference of me drinking a little bit more times a day or alot very few times is the same. Lactose is lactose and i cant make my body more tolerant of it. Thats just the way it is with me and im sure many others, so when it comes to protein supp's i have to use one that can be mixed in water. Although i do drink a different type of milk, water is the best way to go.
    cheers

Originally posted by seanconnery
    So I have to hold myself from ****ting for a while so that the protein can be digested?

(I can't get that enzyme stuff unless I order from somewhere over the net; I live in Hong Kong - I had problems find ing even a goddamned e/c stack). Thanks, all.
    Hehe, not sure if that's a joke or not but if you gotta go, you gotta go. Try holding it and you're likely to **** your pants. Wouldn't make any difference any way since absorbtion takes place in the small intestine, mainly the duodenum and jejunum. By the time you have to go the waste is sitting in your colon and rectum ready to be expelled.

And, I founf out that when you drink cold, ice milk after food, you're most likely to **** your pants...
    Peace