MaxAbraham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is it okay to train chest the day after arms

^^^^^

DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanMan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MaxAbraham View Post
    ^^^^^
    i wanna know if its ok to train the chest a day before arms... lol and on same day as abs.
    i am dedicated this time, i will not quit for anything.

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, not if you're doing Tri's and shoulders in your arm workout.

drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drwink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many people tend to do way too much weight training, with no concept of how the body adapts to such training. I'm assuming the goal is to gain muscle mass. If I am wrong please correct me, and I shall adjust my guidance accordingly.

During ANY exercise, the repetitions will break down muscle tissue. During our resting days (days away from weight training) the body will heal what was broken down, then build new muscle on top in order to prepare for the weight next time. (For a better explanation, please refer to my thread here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=111206511)

Any compound chest exercise will include three muscle groups, Pectoralis Major (chest), Triceps, and some Anterior Deltoid (Front shoulder). For this purpose, we are not going to worry about the shoulder, seeing as how you are worried about arm/chest work.

Lets say you did really heavy arm work on day 1. This means you trained with a much higher intensity than what was previously seen by the body, and you broke down muscle tissue in both the tricep and the bicep. Now on day 2 you wish to train chest. As we already established, compound chest movements will involve tricep activation, which means that you will be at a much weaker state due to the previous day's activity! The chest will not be able to get enough work done due to the weaker link, the triceps.

The same is true for the opposite, if we do chest, and then arms.

Split routines are not needed for muscle gain, but proper rest between working bouts is.

I hope this helped, and if there is any more confusion, again please read through my thread as linked above, and post any remaining questions there.

MaxAbraham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what if i just do isolation excersises for chest because i train chest twice a week
    the first workout is mostly compound about 2 to 3 days before my arm work out and the second workout is mostly isolation excersises a day after my arm workout?

oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oxs22 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MaxAbraham View Post
    what if i just do isolation excersises for chest because i train chest twice a week
    the first workout is mostly compound about 2 to 3 days before my arm work out and the second workout is mostly isolation excersises a day after my arm workout?
    every chest exercise that i can think of involves your arms

mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100) mcdubz02 is not very well liked. (-100)
    this works well for me, I have a specific workout on my profile. Sometimes I go day A, day B, off, day C or every other day. but I only lift 3 days a week now, I want to lift 4 just to seperate back from chest but dont have the time now. Also tri's affect me more on incline bench and military press for some reason, thats why I do them after shoulders.

Day A
    incline bench
    shoulders(6-8 lifts)
    tris (3 lifts)

Day B
    legs(6-7 lifts)
    biceps (3 lifts

day C
    flat chest (bench, narrow grip, weighted dips)
    back (6 lifts)

I guess the point is give at least 2 days rest between tri/shoulder and chest day.
    never miss a day