Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

American whey or scivation whey?

Iv been away for this forum for a little while and i remember before i left i decided my next whey (because ON's is to darn expensive!) that i would go for one of these because their ingredient profiles are so similar... i think i was leaning towards american, what do you guys think? (non-biased opinions please)

Thanks alot!

meiquanye has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello,my friend welcome website: www.shop-foco.com ,there are are have many cheap products Thank you!!!

bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bballer3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wtf

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    american whey banana is good and affordable, haven't tried scivation.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RippedFibers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have never tried American, but I love SciVation Whey. I used to get sick of powders after 1 or so lbs, but since switching to SciVation Whey, I can finish of 10lbs and be ready to order another one. If you like thick shakes also you will want to get SciVation's.

I also prefer SciVation's profile compared to Americans. American Whey has 6 grams of fructose in it, which is a lot for a protein powder. SciVation is low in other additives, and they use high quality sources for their powder.
    Pressuah- 'i bet your kitchen looks like a crack lab

[QUOTE=stevedarsh;454862701]one time my ex was peeing in a parking lot and she was f*cking spraying like a firehose and i was standing in front of her to block the view from traffic and it splattered all over my legs[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RtodaAV;454863871]does she crush beer cans on her head also?[/QUOTE]

SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I take Amercian because of more flavor choices. Haven't compared ingredients though. I just won't order vanilla/chocolate.
    Cannabis and synthetic supplements

clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clubtc05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sci Whey is better in my option and the chocolate taste great

RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100)
    So are quality Isolate proteins not used as much these days?

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    American Whey is primarily Isolate. Scivation Whey is primarily concentrate. Although, the difference in the quality of the two are very minimal, imo.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    SciVation KILLS American Whey in terms of quality, and that's what matters the most. Havn't tried American, never intend to.

Originally Posted by RonShipman View Post
    So are quality Isolate proteins not used as much these days?
    Isolates FTL!
    "The gym became an arena where I had the opportunity to be a hero" - Mike Mentzer

"Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for- because unless we stand for something we shall fall for anything"

wouldnt you want an isolate more than a concentrate when looking at a quality protein??? because the only difference besides that (by looking at the ingredients) is that scivation has like 2 more grams of protein which is nothin to worry about..

RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100) RonShipman is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by bballer3 View Post
    wouldnt you want an isolate more than a concentrate when looking at a quality protein??? because the only difference besides that (by looking at the ingredients) is that scivation has like 2 more grams of protein which is nothin to worry about..
    I always thought Whey Isolate was better than Whey concentrate? I see brands at Wal-mart that are Whey concentrate and I see expensive brands that are Isolate

I agree with Rich 100% on this

http://www.gasparinutrition.com/Default.aspx?tabid=59
    Last edited by RonShipman; 10-11-2008 at 04:55 PM.

SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPACECLOWN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always thought Whey Isolate was better than Whey concentrate? I see brands at Wal-mart that are Whey concentrate and I see expensive brands that are Isolate
    Most of us can't afford isolates all the time. At least I can't. As long as concentrate doesn't cause me GI issues I use it. I have never notice a gains/strength/recovery or whatever difference either way. Just my opinion..

RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RxAJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do some googleing, you'll find lots of information like this:

Although concentrates will contain less protein on a gram for gram basis than an isolate, a high quality concentrate contains all sorts of interesting compounds not found in the isolates. Good concentrates contain far higher levels of growth factors, such as IGF-1, TGF-?1, and TGF-?2. They contain much higher levels of various phospho lipids, and various bio active lipids, such as Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), and they often contain higher levels of immunoglobins and lactoferrin.

Although scientific evedence is lacking as to whether or not these compounds found in a good quality concentrates will positively effect an athlete?s muscle mass or performance, studies do suggest these compounds can improve immunity, intestinal health, and have many other effects that the whole population would find beneficial, not only athletes.

The downsides of concentrate is that it has slightly less protein gram for gram than an isolate, contains higher levels of fat (though some of these fats may in fact be beneficial), worst of all higher levels of lactose. Lactose is a common source of allergy for at least 20% of our population.

People should not be under the impression that a quality concentrate is inferior to Isolate and may in fact be a superior choice, depending on the goals of the person. For example, some people don?t tolerate lactose well or are trying to watch every gram of fat in their diet, etc. while another may want the benefits of the additional compounds found in a high quality concentrate.
    http://www.extremenutrition.co.uk/ne...icles/whey.php

Isolates are easier to digest because they are free of lactose, which also makes them about the only choice for those that are lactose intolerant. If you can stomach concentrates, they are superior, and SciVation uses one of the highest quality ones on the market, if not the highest. A decent indicator of protein quality is the amount of fats and carbs left in it after processing. A protein powder with a relatively high fat and carb content (ignoring flavoring) was not carefully processed.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and American Whey uses Ion-Exchange processing in part of it's blend which denatures protein, further lowering the quality and amount of those additional compounds listed above.
    Last edited by RxAJ; 10-11-2008 at 04:59 PM.
    "The gym became an arena where I had the opportunity to be a hero" - Mike Mentzer

"Give us clear vision that we may know where to stand and what to stand for- because unless we stand for something we shall fall for anything"

Originally Posted by SPACECLOWN View Post
    Most of us can't afford isolates all the time. At least I can't. As long as concentrate doesn't cause me GI issues I use it. I have never notice a gains/strength/recovery or whatever difference either way. Just my opinion..
    Optimum Whey is priced very good for what you get. To me it's worth to spend a little more/

Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Isolates go through an additional filtration process, but doesn't necessarily make it better. I prefer a quality microfiltered concentrate over an ion exchanged isolate. The idea here is all about having high protein value while preserving important subfractions and biological components. Ion exchange is a poor method and cheaper/simpler for manufacturer.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000) Ms_Doodikins is just really nice. (+1000)
    Scivation Whey FTW!!

I agree compared to American it has got a better profile. It tastes great (both choco and vanilla), mixes well, and is cheap!

I am a huge fan of every scivation product i have tried (whey, vasocharge, xtend) and i guarantee that this one will not let you down!

Optimum Whey is priced very good for what you get. To me it's worth to spend a little more/
    If you can afford it go for it. If I could afford Ultra Peptide (1&2) for my main protein I would do it in a heartbeat. Really depends on your financial priorities.

hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardestgainer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bballer3 View Post
    wtf
    lol my reaction aswell.

I havent tried american whey but i am currently using Scivation whey and I am pretty impressed the Vanilla is pretty decent and have heard good things aboiut the chocolate.

edit: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/31days.htm

on 10/13 scivation whey will be on sale for 54.99 for 10lbs of chocolate.
    Last edited by hardestgainer; 10-11-2008 at 05:11 PM.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Bayern Munchen Crew
    German-Hungarian Crew
    AZ Sports Crew
    Idaho Brah
    TRUMP 2016
    Finance Crew
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Over 90% of muscle gain is stretching" - ReppinRyan & AnimalAdam

Originally Posted by RxAJ View Post
    Do some googleing, you'll find lots of information like this:

http://www.extremenutrition.co.uk/ne...icles/whey.php

Isolates are easier to digest because they are free of lactose, which also makes them about the only choice for those that are lactose intolerant. If you can stomach concentrates, they are superior, and SciVation uses one of the highest quality ones on the market, if not the highest. A decent indicator of protein quality is the amount of fats and carbs left in it after processing. A protein powder with a relatively high fat and carb content (ignoring flavoring) was not carefully processed.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and American Whey uses Ion-Exchange processing in part of it's blend which denatures protein, further lowering the quality and amount of those additional compounds listed above.
    I agree, as I stated similarly. But to add to that, a well-made microfiltered (or other methods) isolates have very low levels of undenatured proteins and the retention of important subfractions in their natural ratios. It is as good, if not better than well-made concentrates. But the debate here is whether it's worth the extra price and one being lactose. I have no problem with concentrate, but I'm slight lactose so I choose to go with isolates.

ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ben2285 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Scivation is one of my favorite companies but I'm just not too impressed with the whey. I heard everyone praising it so I decided to give it a shot. My main issue is that I cannot go above 1 scoop without getting terrible gas and stomach cramps, I am not normally very sensitive to lactose but this on top of the milk I drink must just take it overboard.. I wonder why they didn't add lactase or aminogen, I'd imagine it is to keep the price down. I'm going to stick with ON, better taste, mixability, and no GI distress. I'm willing to pay more for that.
    Last edited by ben2285; 10-11-2008 at 05:12 PM.
    THE ONLY THING HOLDING YOU BACK IS YOURSELF

Mission Lean Mass, on the Road to Improvement.
    Part II of my journey to being the best bodybuilder I can be and plowing plateus:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=77380163#post77380163

The best supplement I have ever purchased:
    www.biolayne.com

Originally Posted by SPACECLOWN View Post
    If you can afford it go for it. If I could afford Ultra Peptide (1&2) for my main protein I would do it in a heartbeat. Really depends on your financial priorities.
    Come on Man Optimum Whey isn't that expensive... I can get 2 5lb containers delivered for a total of $82 with discount code on here. You can get Scivation whey delivered for what? $65 total with discount code?

Optimum Whey 5lbs X 2 = 10lbs $82

Scivation Whey 10lbs $65

OPtimum will cost you $17 more, but you also get 2 seperate containers and 2 different flavors. The main Source of protein is Whey Isolate and you do get some concentrate in it which People are really liking, not as good but really liking, LOL

If it was like a $25 or more difference it would make a difference to me. Optimum Whey raws are probably more expensive, but the fact Optimum sells so much of it they can sell it to you for a decent price. For what you are really getting you ever think Optimum could be the better buy? Even if it's more? Sometimes more is more ya know.

Originally Posted by ben2285 View Post
    Scivation is one of my favorite companies but I'm just not too impressed with the whey. I heard everyone praising it so I decided to give it a shot. My main issue is that I cannot go above 1 scoop without getting terrible gas and stomach cramps, I am not normally very sensitive to lactose but this on top of the milk I drink must just take it overboard.. I wonder why they didn't add lactase or aminogen, I'd imagine it is to keep the price down. I'm going to stick with ON, better taste, mixability, and no GI distress. I'm willing to pay more for that.
    I agree, and I totally forgot about the aminogen.... Even makes things clearer for me.

RonShipman, are you affiliated with ON?

Not just any budget protein is going to be superior to ON Whey.. I haven't seen one.

Originally Posted by Neopragmatist View Post
    RonShipman, are you affiliated with ON?
    No not at all. Just giving my opinion. I been using ON whey for a long time it's great stuff. I am confident in Optimum nutrition. I like Beverly Muscle Provider the best of all, but it gets expensive..

Come on Man Optimum Whey isn't that expensive... I can get 2 5lb containers delivered for a total of $82 with discount code on here. You can get Scivation whey delivered for what? $65 total with discount code?

Optimum Whey 5lbs X 2 = 10lbs $82

Scivation Whey 10lbs $65

OPtimum will cost you $17 more, but you also get 2 seperate containers and 2 different flavors. The main Source of protein is Whey Isolate and you do get some concentrate in it which People are really liking, not as good but really liking, LOL

If it was like a $25 or more difference it would make a difference to me. Optimum Whey raws are probably more expensive, but the fact Optimum sells so much of it they can sell it to you for a decent price. For what you are really getting you ever think Optimum could be the better buy? Even if it's more? Sometimes more is more ya know.
    If I want real cheap I get EAS local for $36 for 6lbs. It vanilla/choc only though.

ON gives me GI issues.

I'd go for ON if they didn't use Ion-Exchange, but as soon as I see that in a protein I rule it out all together. To me, a lot of the flavors really don't taste that great either

Not just any budget protein is going to be superior to ON Whey.. I haven't seen one.
    It's called Scivation Whey, Met-Rx is up there too. Superior in all the ways that matter.

Originally Posted by RxAJ View Post
    I'd go for ON if they didn't use Ion-Exchange, but as soon as I see that in a protein I rule it out all together. To me, a lot of the flavors really don't taste that great either

It's called Scivation Whey, Met-Rx is up there too. Superior in all the ways that matter.
    Met-RX make Bodyfortress Wal-mart brand 5lb tub for $30 is that superior to Optimum Whey too??? Probably better than Muscle Provider and Isopure too I'm sure.

If a protein powder is to cheap It makes me wonder... As far as EAS protein goes yeah it's cheap they get the raws from china too. Explains the price.