Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50)

To the best of your knowledge, what is the best Mr. Olympia ever?

Many of you are teenagers and are new to the sport. But there also many here who are old enough or are into the sport long enoug to have knowledge of what transpired on each and every Mr. Olympia from the beginning to the present. But whether your a 14-year old beginner or a 54-year-old veteran, to the best of your knowledge and available information, what do you think was the best Mr. Olympia contest ever?

woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) woofman81 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Easy, Ronnie Coleman. No past Mr. Olympia comes close to him while he was in his prime. How many other Olympia's have Ronnie's "freak" factor? None of them.

Also, a very good point here. Ronnie's arms, chest, back(easily the best), quads, and hams can all be argued that they were the best bodyparts of all time. No other Mr. Olympia had that many dominating bodyparts.
    IFPA Natural Pro bodybuilder

BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10) BauerTheBeast is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by woofman81 View Post
    Easy, Ronnie Coleman. No past Mr. Olympia comes close to him while he was in his prime. How many other Olympia's have Ronnie's "freak" factor? None of them.

Also, a very good point here. Ronnie's arms, chest, back(easily the best), quads, and hams can all be argued that they were the best bodyparts of all time. No other Mr. Olympia had that many dominating bodyparts.
    I think he meant which year bro.
    Truth be told.

"Gustavo looks like a block of cheese"

"well for the most part......"

ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChampKind has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    still a youngling but i'd say 2003 because of what Ronnie brought to the stage that year. IMO 03 ronnie beats all mr. O's any year

scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000)
    Most everyone here is going to go with Ronnie and his freak factor, but I am giong to go with the original eight time winner of Lee Haney. Most notably the 1991 Olympia. He had full muscle bellies and good condition. He was pushed by everyone that was on the stage, but showed why he was the most dominant in the sport.

Sorry to the youngsters that want to say Ronnie is the greatest of all time, but Lee did it first and never really had any competition except for maybe Yates towards the end of his reign. Ronnie always had Jay looking over his shoulder at the number one spot. Plus he should of lost in 01 to Jay. Lee never had anyone except Dorian in his last year ever push him to the brink (sorry to the Labrada fans, but Little Lee never was a serious threat). But hey that is just one man's opinion.
    Scott Mowry
    The difference between a CHAMP and A CHUMP is U...Pro Bob Chick

The only thing stopping you from achieving your dreams is...YOU!

Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patmuscled! will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What I mean is the actual contest itself. What was the best contest as far as the quality of competitors, the judges decision, the spectacle, the drama and excitement, the hype, the controversy and the seeming success of a particular Mr. Olympia contest.

Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lespaul59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't see how anybody can argue with Arnold being the best Mr. Olympia of all time because even now no other Mr. O has done more for bodybuilding than Arnold did and has done. As for what year was the best Mr. Olympia held, I don't know I would say one from the mid 90's just because of all of the top guys at the time.

CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Patmuscled! View Post
    Many of you are teenagers and are new to the sport. But there also many here who are old enough or are into the sport long enoug to have knowledge of what transpired on each and every Mr. Olympia from the beginning to the present. But whether your a 14-year old beginner or a 54-year-old veteran, to the best of your knowledge and available information, what do you think was the best Mr. Olympia contest ever?
    He means which year bros!

On alcohol fueled hiatus seanpatrickb's Avatar
    seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, people are not getting this thread at all. IMO only a fool could argue against say an 03' Ronnie having the best physique ever, but that is not what hes asking. While i'm younger I still have a knowledge of past competitions, although admittedly it gets fainter and fainter the older you go. I would have to go with 00' myself. Look at this top 5, Coleman, Levrone, Wheeler, Ray, and Nasser. Not only that but you have Lee Priest and Ruhl in their primes with Jay and Dex coming on, and then Orville to round out the top 10. Really you were only missing Cormier who pulled out with an injury. Dillet pulled out too, but he was on the decline. Dennis James also came in 11th but looked fricken awesome only having missed his conditioning a bit. The judging was pretty solid and everyone brought it. Only complaint is not the best conditioning ever.

Other notables: 96', 81' (should've been Platz)

Edit: Also 91' for the great battle between Haney and the newcomer Yates.
    Last edited by seanpatrickb; 10-10-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Super Across The Way Frank_Rizzo's Avatar
    Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Frank_Rizzo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends on how you look at it. The best all-time is almost certainly Ronnie. The most dominant in his time was Arnold. By "most dominant" I'm not referring to number of Mr. O wins, but rather how much better he was than the competition.

seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10) seanpatrickb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    People, the thread is about best contest, not contestant! I'm interested in hearing what year the OP thinks is the best.

scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000) scottmowry is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by seanpatrickb View Post
    People, the thread is about best contest, not contestant! I'm interested in hearing what year the OP thinks is the best.
    I already said the 1991 between Lee and Dorian was probably the best IMHO. You had the soon to be mass freak of Dorian versus the old school Lee that was dense and conditioned.
    Scott Mowry

EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EasternCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LMAO at people STILL posting who they think is the best...

Im going with 93 and 99 for my favs
    There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping you and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

-Bateman

Originally Posted by EasternCuts View Post
    LMAO at people STILL posting who they think is the best...

Im going with 93 and 99 for my favs
    Well it does get a little dull around here so things do get a little rehashed and over done I do have to agree.
    Scott Mowry

CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CunnyFunt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've only really been into the scene since '06 but judging from the opinions and pictures thrown around this forum, Id say '99 was the best.
    In terms of presentation, competition and physiques

2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000) 2much2gain is just really nice. (+1000)

koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) koqie23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

1970-Most legendary Olympia showing ever, 15 sandows between four of these men. Serge Neubret doesn't have a sandow, but the black panther was not a push over and possibly robbed.

And it's amazing how Sergio's waist is half of arnold's and his upper body is still massive.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger: Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices.

Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pace11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    '97 imo

Loads of incredible physiques

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by koqie23 View Post

1970-Most legendary Olympia showing ever, 15 sandows between four of these men. Serge Neubret doesn't have a sandow, but the black panther was not a push over and possibly robbed.

And it's amazing how Sergio's waist is half of arnold's and his upper body is still massive.
    Just me or Nubret is making all the other guys look bad LOL

leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50) leppa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    99 imo
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

""STATS""

Squat - 385lbs

Deadlift - 473lbs

Bench - 286lbs x 1

Owes me reps;

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2009 ASC, 1999 BGP

Oh, Olympias.. '97. If you don't count the big blob who won it.

the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000) the-craig is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've got more than one that comes to mind. I think 2005 because Ronnie just looked unreal and when you consider his age it makes it that bit more special, and of course the fact that was number 8.
    2008 since we saw the best man win and aesthetics take over, which should hopefully put Heath in a better place for winning many Olympias in years to come.

Is still the same size WaterBlender's Avatar
    WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50) WaterBlender will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SickBoy_Cage View Post
    Just me or Nubret is making all the other guys look bad LOL
    lol yah, nubret's main thing was that he looked awesome just standing there relaxed, no posing needed.

on topic:
    from what i have seen, it's a tie between 99 and 00 for me
    la'illaha'illallah muhammadan'rasuulallah

best of health to you serge, comeback soon!

pssst, global warming is BS, we aren't the cause, but that doesn't mean we should stop trying to take care of the environment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zOXmJ4jd-8 (1:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5J7JNfLYco (short)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHATItyOsdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5frDU5oRtD0

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WaterBlender View Post
    lol yah, nubret's main thing was that he looked awesome just standing there relaxed, no posing needed.

on topic:
    from what i have seen, it's a tie between 99 and 00 for me
    2000 showed a great physique by Levrone,streamlined with a very classic look,yet still big in size and with great conditioning,shame that his back or quad sweep was not up to pair...

Originally Posted by SickBoy_Cage View Post
    2000 showed a great physique by Levrone,streamlined with a very classic look,yet still big in size and with great conditioning,shame that his back or quad sweep was not up to pair...
    Legs definitely not his best, but his back was there, not his best either, but definitely not his worst. Certainly one of his better packages imo.

The 1988 and 1991 Mr. Olympia were probably the best Mr.Olympia contests ever. In 1988, the lineup consisted of Lee Haney, Rich Gaspari, Berry DeMey, Gary Strydom, Lee Labrada, Francis Benfatto, and Shawn Ray in his pro debut where he placed 13th.

1991's lineup was even better: Haney, Yates, Vince Taylor, Ray, Labrada, Gaspari, Benfatto, Bob Paris, Thierry Pastel, Achim Albrecht and the lateSonny Schmidt. This was Haney's last contest too and Yates' second and final defeat as a pro.

Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CunnyFunt View Post
    I've only really been into the scene since '06 but judging from the opinions and pictures thrown around this forum, Id say '99 was the best.
    In terms of presentation, competition and physiques

dam...this is what the olympia should be about! (Looks at this year's olympia and sighs)
    Hello

siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) siersy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    to the best of my knowledge this thread is boring
    I wish it lasted, forever.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChampKind View Post
    still a youngling but i'd say 2003 because of what Ronnie brought to the stage that year. IMO 03 ronnie beats all mr. O's any year
    yeah it's hard to argue with that.

Anyways, lots of years are great. 1974(Arnold's peak), 1991, 1998, 2003, 2006, and my favorite so far...the year my bodybuilding hero and favorite bodybuilder won, 2009.

osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) osiruz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    70, and 96 to me
    also yates is goat