newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Is it good to gain too much weight altogether?

I mean should we go for a constant linear increase in weight like perhaps a kg or 2 per week OR if one can manage to gain lots of weight altogether quickly he should, in order to bulk up quickly?

Hypothetical situation : If a person can get like a 5kg increase in a day then would the ratio of muscle to fat gain be the same as a person gaining 5 kgs in a month?(Provided he's doing the same hardcore high intensity weight training all the time)

Meaning should we constantly have too much food altogether since we want to bulk up or try to keep the weight gain slow for more benefits if there are any(like more % muscle and less % fat)?

Edit : The reason i'm asking is that i just increased from 76 to 81.8kg... And though I've gained fat too but I'm much more happier about the muscle I've gained... So I'm asking should I bulk up quickly or should I take it slow and steady?

45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500) 45poundbench is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by newuxtreme View Post
    I mean should we go for a constant linear increase in weight like perhaps a kg or 2 per week OR if one can manage to gain lots of weight altogether quickly he should, in order to bulk up quickly?

Hypothetical situation : If a person can get like a 5kg increase in a day then would the ratio of muscle to fat gain be the same as a person gaining 5 kgs in a month?(Provided he's doing the same hardcore high intensity weight training all the time)

Meaning should we constantly have too much food altogether since we want to bulk up or try to keep the weight gain slow for more benefits if there are any(like more % muscle and less % fat)?

Edit : The reason i'm asking is that i just increased from 76 to 81.8kg... And though I've gained fat too but I'm much more happier about the muscle I've gained... So I'm asking should I bulk up quickly or should I take it slow and steady?
    shoot for around 1lb a week, your body can only add so much muscle in a certain amount of time, rest goes to fat and other uses.

So if your bulking to get fat, sure aim for 15 pounds a week, if not, try and keep it around 1-2lbs aweek

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are happy with how you look than there is no "number to shoot for"....you can gain as much weight as you'd like as quickly as you'd like.

But something to keep in mind is the stress it puts on your knees and lowerback - I know a few people that put weight on quickly (bb'ng and just a fatty) - and they have aches in their knee joints and their lowerback from the weight....nothing real serious at all but why hurt when you don't need to?
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) newuxtreme has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    any other opinions? someone with experience while bulking? done both?

Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bandini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take your time while bulking up. You don't want to become a sumo wrestler... this is bodybuilding after all. If you are making steady gains at a certain amount of calories, there is no reason to increase this amount just for the sake of increasing.