ziggiE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tricep Medial Head: Tendon Scraping Bone

I have this odd problem with my left arm most notably when doing Tricep Extensions. The tendon that connects the Medial Head of my Triceps to my bone is on the inside of my elbow, and as my arm extends the tendon pops over the medial epicondyle (I am guessing from looking at diagrams). And this continues with every rep. It is not extremely painful, but it IS extremely uncomfortable and makes doing any tricep exercise with my left arm difficult, not to mention I find myself sacrificing form to try to avoid this. It happens with any type of exercise too, dips, pushups/bench etc.

So basically, the inside of my elbow, the tendon that goes over that inner bone keeps sliding/popping over the bone. Is there anything I can do to avoid this or somehow strengthen the muscles around it? For now I try to just go easy on it, but I hate my right tricep being stronger then my left.

Also, this has been an issue for years.

Thanks for your help or suggestions!

dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude, realize this post is super old...but I am having the same problem...they originally diagnosed it as ulnar nerve issues...feels like by tricep is tearing off sometimes...i get the pop out the side of the elbow too....when did you first notice the pain....I was doing skullcrushers over two years ago when it first hurt. Thought it was golfer's elbow for a while....may be having surgery. Since this post have you had surgery or fixed the problem

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Could be a subluxing ulnar nerve rather than a tendon popping over the bone - that is pretty uncommon. Go and get yourself checked out.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orthodoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not the triceps tendon snapping over the medial epicondyle -- the triceps isn't near there. I would agree with getting checked out for a subluxing ulnar nerve.

dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10) dabial is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the info, i will be at the ortho in about two weeks.