smackdaddy187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help with my diet

Hey guys need some support from you

Basically I am trying to make a diet for myself. Here is the necessary information.

I am 20 and weight around 300 pounds. I gained a ****load of fat in the past 3 years of school. I am 6 feet and my body structure is big so thats been my saving grace. But its time I got serious about myself.

My goal is to lose the fat and gain muscle which I already have a lot of. My priority right now is losing fat.

I try to make a meal plan for myself but looking at all the information available just intimidates me and I usually give up trying to make one. Thats why I don't know what to get to eat and usually end up eating really bad food.

I need advice on where to start looking for information? I basically need to know what nutrients I need to help me in losing my fat and in how much quantities and I can figure out what foods to get based on the fact.

I take supplements for protein and am going to get serious about powerlifting. My workout is 4 day with half hour of elliptical each day (cant do more as my workout takes 1.5 to 2 hours and I have school) 3 are rest where I basically do nothing that involves any major work.

Based on the facts above I want to make a diet that provides me with the fewest carbs and fat, meanwhile providing me with enough strength to meet my powerlifting goals and other necessary nutrients.

Thank you guys I really need help with this.

stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10) stanzione1017 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    alright bro im here for ya, i helped alot of my overwieght buddys do pretty well...

but its going to be tough is all i can say but believe me itll be worth it in the end...best thing is your still young...

alright calories are getting cut wayy down to about 1500-2000 a day... these have to be good calories (no cheating) and simple calories...

Diet should contain..
    -lots of greens! salad seems basic but its always the way to go
    -high fiber foods, prunes are good and i favor a cerial called fiber one (this basicaly keeps everything moving as fast as possible)
    -Chicken, this is going to be perfect for your goal, its high protein (build muscle) which also fills you up much faster and holds you over for much longer...
    -lots of water!! water never has been proven to actually take fat away but its a fact that fat is water saluble... and make sure its cold water, not cool, cold! because its proven 2 liters of ice water a day burns an extra 100-150 calories! this happens by your body must produce extra heat to make the cold water to 92.6F

Your stomach is like a fire, light things like salad go on burn like lightning.. but if you throw breads and fats they will act like thick logs!... stack away from carbs! little to none in your day...

ontop of all that cardio, cardio cardio... atleast 45minutes of walking, jogging, biking.. etc....

id suggest first 2 weeks walk for cardio, then try a speedwalk, then try jogging and before you know it youll be running with a sixpack =]

thats all i can say for now.. any questions or regards please do message me, because i was always overwieght as a child and i fought it.. im here... goodluck man
    Teen until October 17, 2011.
    Offseason weight: 245
    Stage weight: 205
    Height: 5'11

Tell me i cant do it, and il prove you wrong.

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Although I really appreciate your kind approach to asking for a diet, you really do need to read as much as you can and get this figured out on your own. If someone just gives you a diet you won't fully understand why you are eating the way you are and at the first sign of it not working - statistically - you will give up. Your best chance for success is to get educated on the issue so that when you hit a roadbump you can move past it.

Even if that weren't the case, we have no idea how/what you eat and how you got to the point you are. Only you do, so that gives you the best ability to make the correct nutritional decisions in the future.

Most info you need is within this forum in the stickies.

Here's a good place to start for the basics.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3720211
    Last edited by Khronos; 10-09-2008 at 08:48 PM.
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110704291

smackdaddy187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @ stanzione1017 Thanks a lot bud. You gave me inspiration. And yeah i'll do at-least 45 minutes of elliptical for 4 days and on my off days I'll play some ball until it snows. By then I'm pretty sure I would've lost enough weight for me to feel confident about going for a jog. I will message you regarding my progress for sure.

@Khronos Thank you for that link. It lays down what I need to eat perfectly.

I just have a few more questions? that meal plan template listed in the link, is it a good one to follow? does it have Protein + complex carbs listed in the first half of the day for a reason or is that adjustable?

I am gonna be taking protein. I realised fish oil is a good source of healthy fats. Is it advisable for me to take multivitamins? because with my new diet I am pretty sure the food won't supply me with enough necessary minerals and vitamins.

Do I have to worry about other nutrients like iron, calcium (I already drink milk in the morning or use it as a replacement for beverages), etc.

Thanks a lot again guys I will post my meal plan as soon as I get my studies done and make one.

kieronkevan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ino i am only 17 but iv been doing this for a while i pride my self on giving advice to my friends who just dont wanna listen haha.

So you wanna start off learning about the foods you have been eating and what you enjoy, then learn different more healthier options of that food. Also figure out what foods your fast food shops sell and if they do chicken brest then go for that rather than any other fatty options. Staying on top of that horrible hunger feeling is a way of feeling like you are eating enough so when you eat you should do it like this.

-breakfast (pretty early) have cerial like musilie or a breakfast bar on the go and an omlet or scrambled egg, this gives you that full feeling for longer.

-snack (2 to 3 hours after breakfast you want to make sure this is a vegitable or lean meat, as you want to keep your snacks protien based.

-lunch (for lunch, when you can the night before you should prepare a main meal, such as brown rice, peppers, onions, etc with chicken turkey or fish, this allows you to keep a balanced flow of protein, carbs and veg and it willl keep you full until your next snack.

- snack|supplements okay so i tend to be heading the gym at this point and when this happens i always have a bannana and a protein shake just before going in, this gives me that boost i need for my workout, once my workout is complete i will take another protein shake to repair my muscles. You will then want to get a more solid source of protein down you within about 40 mins just to keep you going.

- So its dinner time and most likley the time to slack off, you will want to have planned what you are having the night before, also making sure it complies with the rule of thirds. A third carbs and a third protein with as much veg as you want.

Hopefully you will have gained enough information to complete the goal i am trying to complete by gaining muscle and losing fat i hope you take these words into concideration.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kieronkevan View Post
    Ino i am only 17 but iv been doing this for a while i pride my self on giving advice to my friends who just dont wanna listen haha...
    You bumped a 3 year old thread to add this nonsense? Tempted to neg.