leos_roar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leos_roar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

About "How to Gain Weight When You Have a Fast Metabolism"

It states that the core exercises are as follows;

1) Squats: 2 x 15

2) Bench Press: 3 x 12

3) Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 3 x 15

4) Overhead or Military Press: 2 x 12

5) Romanian Deadlifts: 1 x 15

But what I want to know, is this all I need? I've seen many programs and most have many more exercises to get to many of the smaller muscle groups. I need to know if I might need to supplement this with other exercises to get at some of the other muscle groups.

Thank you.

leos_roar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leos_roar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So far I have only implemented calf lifts since I want big calves.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE=leos_roar;230137601]It states that the core exercises are as follows;

1) Squats: 2 x 15

2) Bench Press: 3 x 12

3) Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 3 x 15

4) Overhead or Military Press: 2 x 12

5) Romanian Deadlifts: 1 x 15

But what I want to know, is this all I need? I've seen many programs and most have many more exercises to get to many of the smaller muscle groups. I need to know if I might need to supplement this with other exercises to get at some of the other muscle groups.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It might help if you posted your stats and how long you've been working out, your former programmes, etc.

If you're just starting out, this programme is pretty basic, although I'd change a few things. I'd add a set of squats--2x15 and one heavier one of 10. Benches and rows are okay, but drop the reps to 8-10, as well as the militaries. Adding calf raises shouldn't hurt. Frequency wise, I'd do this routine every two days to start i.e. Monday/Thursday/Sunday, etc.

Are you eating enough and doing the milk thing? I'll bet you aren't eating enough. People who say they do usually don't, so keep track of what you eat and up it until you start gaining weight.

As I said, IF you're a newb, then this programme will work if YOU work at it. When you start gaining weight and strength and some size (and that will take time) then you can slowly add in some arm exercises here and there, but stick with the basics for the time being.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Ok, I think I understand.

Yes, I am a newb. I've been jumping between multiple routines trying to get what feels right but they all end up disappointing me... It just never feels like I got enough out of it when I'm done with the routine. And you might say that I just didn't follow it properly, but I thought that same thing and am quite sure I followed it. I feel I don't get enough even when I do things like 3x6-8, maybe I should throw in another rep....

I am also very sure I eat enough, I've been eating every 2 hours as best I can and I eat a lot. Also I've been paying attention to the quality of the foods I eat making sure I get plenty of carbs and proteins.

Like I said, it really is just finding an exercise routine that really gets me going that I'm having trouble with... It's kinda been like this for a long while...

And here I'm going on and on, sorry about this.

But yeah, thanks for the response.

also about the 3x6-8 I'm sure the weight is pretty good, it's not some wimpy weights... Once I reach the 6 mark I really start to struggle, so I'm sure.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay, you're a newb; we all started that way.

Here's some advice; take it as you will.

1. DON'T skip from routine to routine. How will you know what works and what doesn't if you chop and change all the time? Give each routine you try at least three months of honest effort. If the results don't come, try something else. Analyze. If doing reps from 6-8 doesn't work, go higher i.e. 10-12. In rare cases, if you are very slow-twitch (i.e. you have a lot of endurance for running and such) you will have to use high reps for the most part.

2. Eat. You said you're eating enough. If you aren't gaining any weight, then what you say is "enough" ISN'T enough.

3. Stay on that programme you wrote about earlier for three months and give it a try, your best shot. Write down everything you did and go through it, figuring out what worked and what didn't. Like I said, half the battle we all go through is figuring out what works, and nothing works forever, so we have to constantly analyze and change if necessary. For you, you'll have to do a bit more analyzing, that's all.

Best of luck to you.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

se4nsk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se4nsk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) se4nsk1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if youre new to lifting you should see solid gains pretty much whatever workout you do as long as your diet is good. I'd suggest keeping track of your calories and if youre not gaining at your current calories up it by 1000 and see how that works. hope that helps and good luck

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    It might help if you posted your stats and how long you've been working out, your former programmes, etc.

If you're just starting out, this programme is pretty basic, although I'd change a few things. I'd add a set of squats--2x15 and one heavier one of 10. Benches and rows are okay, but drop the reps to 8-10, as well as the militaries. Adding calf raises shouldn't hurt. Frequency wise, I'd do this routine every two days to start i.e. Monday/Thursday/Sunday, etc.

Are you eating enough and doing the milk thing? I'll bet you aren't eating enough. People who say they do usually don't, so keep track of what you eat and up it until you start gaining weight.

As I said, IF you're a newb, then this programme will work if YOU work at it. When you start gaining weight and strength and some size (and that will take time) then you can slowly add in some arm exercises here and there, but stick with the basics for the time being.
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    Okay, you're a newb; we all started that way.

Here's some advice; take it as you will.

1. DON'T skip from routine to routine. How will you know what works and what doesn't if you chop and change all the time? Give each routine you try at least three months of honest effort. If the results don't come, try something else. Analyze. If doing reps from 6-8 doesn't work, go higher i.e. 10-12. In rare cases, if you are very slow-twitch (i.e. you have a lot of endurance for running and such) you will have to use high reps for the most part.

2. Eat. You said you're eating enough. If you aren't gaining any weight, then what you say is "enough" ISN'T enough.

3. Stay on that programme you wrote about earlier for three months and give it a try, your best shot. Write down everything you did and go through it, figuring out what worked and what didn't. Like I said, half the battle we all go through is figuring out what works, and nothing works forever, so we have to constantly analyze and change if necessary. For you, you'll have to do a bit more analyzing, that's all.

Best of luck to you.
    This is some of the best advice you'll get. I'd suggest you take it, word for word. Good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733