Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Clean Desserts..........

Ok, so I have an issue with sugar... Hello, my name is Carla and I am a high-fructose corn syrup addict.

The point of this thread is for people to post their recipes for 'clean desserts' that is in my mind anything that can be considered healthy choices. Things that shouldn't be included in recipes: white flour, sugar, foods highly processed. Food processed by way of canning, bottling etc... is fine, just don't include highly processed foods - where nutrients are lost and junk is added.

I have decided that unless I cut out junk that I won't ever meet my goal. Some can have "cheat" meals etc, but I can't. Instead I believe if I have meals that taste like cheat meals, or healthy 'clean desserts,' that I won't feel the desire to cheat. *fingers crossed*

When you post a clean dessert please include macros, calories, and ingredients with measurements.

Looking forward to seeing responses on this!
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

*Our aspirations are our possibilities* - Samuel Johnson

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Einstein

Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Leggs2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein Muffin Recipy

Cals/fat/carbs/protein:

250 g (1c.) of eggwhites : 120-0-0-28
    1/4c. of wheat germ : 123-3-16-8
    2/3c. of oats : 240-4-40-4
    1 tsp of baking powder
    2c of puff wheats : 100-0-22-2
    4 scoops of PP: 514-2-2-120
    1/4 nuts: 217/7/9/7
    90g banana : 80/3/20.6/1

Makes 6 muffins size - 15 -25 min @ 360 degrees

1 serving : 234 cals - 3.2g fat - 18.3g carbs - 22g. protein

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pumpkin Cranberry Loaf

1 cup whole wheat flour or ground oats
    1 cup whey (I like to use graham cracker flavor!)
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 cups mashed pumpkin (canned)
    1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
    1/4 cup +1 TBSP apple sauce
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, whey, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
    In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, maple syrup, apple sauce, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients, mixing only until just combined and no streaks of flour remain. Stir in dried walnuts, then pour batter into prepared pan.
    Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the loaf springs back when lightly pressed.
    Cool loaf in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 1 loaf.
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    "Icecream"

1 scoop chocolate whey
    1/2 c. cottage cheese
    1TBSP natty PB
    1 serving dry fat free/ sugar free pudding mix
    frozen berries (optional)
    ice
    water
    1 tsp. xantham gum

Blend...yum!
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"No, your face does."

Balancing Act . . . indiglo9124's Avatar
    indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000) indiglo9124 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KKRR View Post
    Chocolate Brownie

Scoop of Protein Powder
    Tsp of Baking powder
    water to moisten ( add slowly, you want it quite thick)

Microwave for 1 min

Calories = same as your protien powder
    I like to add about .25 cup of skim milk on top to moisten it up like cake with melted icecream... yum
    This has to be one of THE BEST recipes ever! I just tried this and it literally makes my whey into a tiny cake! I could just imagine the possibilities and consistencys. Anyone on a low carb diet should REALLY take a look at this one.

Thanks so much!!

I make that too! I find that graham cracker VPX works great w/ a little baking powder and topped w/ almond butter or PB...yum!

"No, your face does."

gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what do you put it in/on when you microwave it? I dont really have a little bowl. . .
    sorry for the stupid Q

LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Chocolate Brownie

Scoop of Protein Powder
    Tsp of Baking powder

Microwave for 1 min

I like to add about .25 cup of skim milk on top to moisten it up like cake with melted icecream... yum
    Wow, this sounds great. I'm going to try one tonight and I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks!
    'Lifting is not just physical - it's the mind, body and spirit working together. If you think you can't, think again.'

ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LindaMT View Post
    Wow, this sounds great. I'm going to try one tonight and I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks!
    I had a box of single serve Myoplex Lite Nutrition Shake, which tasted like Sh*t when mixed in a drink... I tried it as a "brownie" and it was pretty good!! I've actually had two today.. The first one was ok, but dry. The second time I made it I tried it with a tsp of vegetable oil and it turned out quite moist. If someone threw in sugar-free chocolate chips, or carob chips, and topped with nuts, it would definitely pass for a brownie.

Thanks for posting it KKRR!
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ivoryce View Post
    I had a box of single serve Myoplex Lite Nutrition Shake, which tasted like Sh*t when mixed in a drink... I tried it as a "brownie" and it was pretty good!! I've actually had two today.. The first one was ok, but dry. The second time I made it I tried it with a tsp of vegetable oil and it turned out quite moist. If someone threw in sugar-free chocolate chips, or carob chips, and topped with nuts, it would definitely pass for a brownie.

Thanks for posting it KKRR!
    Sugar free choc chips exist? Where do I find them?

sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chocolate Brownie

Scoop of Protein Powder
    Tsp of Baking powder

Microwave for 1 min

Soft Banana Ice Cream

Freeze a banana, Chop it up, throw it it blender with a bit of splenda/stevia and skim milk(guessing .5 cup) just to cover the banana, and BLEND.

Cals about 150 (depends on size of banana of course)
    I am so excited to try both of these!! I have such a problem with craving chocolate and cakes etc. Especially with halloween around the corner... this thread is exactly what I needed!!!

Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    You can buy them at any save-on foods, in the bulk section. They're a little pricier than regular chocolate chips, but the codes are similar so... ahah

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is a whole e-book of yummy 'clean' desserts here if you are interested...?

sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sugaraddict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sugaraddict View Post
    I am so excited to try both of these!! I have such a problem with craving chocolate and cakes etc. Especially with halloween around the corner... this thread is exactly what I needed!!!
    OK... so this morning I got up and was so excited to try these recipes... and I was so grossed out to be honest!!!... I made the chocolate brownie recipe with two different kinds of powder (two different cakes).... the first was caramel toffee fudge and the second was banana creme... and the flavor of both of them got so gross... it was like it amplified the flavor 100Xs and the aftertaste was so strong....

any suggestions? I use the 100% gold standard whey powder...

Originally Posted by sugaraddict View Post
    OK... so this morning I got up and was so excited to try these recipes... and I was so grossed out to be honest!!!... I made the chocolate brownie recipe with two different kinds of powder (two different cakes).... the first was caramel toffee fudge and the second was banana creme... and the flavor of both of them got so gross... it was like it amplified the flavor 100Xs and the aftertaste was so strong....

any suggestions? I use the 100% gold standard whey powder...
    haha Yours was the first post I read getting up.. and it made me LMAO
    Sorry... I musta been lucky on the whey I used?

I think the only way to trick yourself into believing it's a brownie is to make it with a chocolate flavored whey? Imagining banana cream isn't appealing at all. lol
    Last edited by ivoryce; 10-11-2008 at 08:40 AM.

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    There is a whole e-book of yummy 'clean' desserts here if you are interested...?
    OMG I just looked through the e-book and everything looks so good! *drools*

OMG I made this brownie thing again today and it officially feels like i'm cheating! It turned out like a cake, and tastes like it to. I must be getting lucky!

I used: Myoplex Lite Nutrition Shake, Chocolate Peanut Butter (1 package)
    stirred in baking powder, water, and this time added a tsp of peanut butter and some vegetable oil. Nuked it in a small tupperware for one min and it turned out phenomenal! I topped it with pb and it tastes like a cheat!

sugaraddict, try again but with a more flavorful/brownie-like taste... You won't be disappointed!

sugaraddict, try again but with a more flavorful/brownie-like taste... You won't be disappointed!
    I think the only way to trick yourself into believing it's a brownie is to make it with a chocolate flavored whey? Imagining banana cream isn't appealing at all. lol
    My theory with the banana whey was that maybe it would be like a little peice of banana bread kinda thing... haha boy was I wrong!!

I will try it again whenever I get some chocolate whey... maybe Ill go with a different brand also... thanks for the suggestions

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^^^
    Okay that has inspired me to give this 'brownie' idea a shot
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That picture looked so appetizing I had to try it! Mine turned out a little dry, but I fixed that by pouring a little bit of cream over the top of it. YUM! And it puffs up so much that it is quite the filling little treat!

AliB3636 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got up and made this right after reading this thread! I think my microwave cooks things faster than most so mine was not moiste. It was very try and crumbly...I will try again tomorrow cooking it for less time. I was surprised how much this puffed up. I HATE drinking protein shakes and this...while not brownie like yet, is still much easier for me than drinking protein shakes! This is probably how I will take mine every day now!

LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LindaMT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by twinnett View Post
    Pumpkin Cranberry Loaf

1 cup whole wheat flour or ground oats
    1 cup whey (I like to use graham cracker flavor!)
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 cups mashed pumpkin (canned)
    1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
    1/4 cup +1 TBSP apple sauce
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, whey, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
    In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, maple syrup, apple sauce, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients, mixing only until just combined and no streaks of flour remain. Stir in dried walnuts, then pour batter into prepared pan.
    Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the loaf springs back when lightly pressed.
    Cool loaf in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 1 loaf.
    Made this over the weekend. It was great - thanks for sharing and posting!
    'Lifting is not just physical - it's the mind, body and spirit working together. If you think you can't, think again.'

Wow, sounds like some great desserts. Thanks!

Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie_McD is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I LOVE John Berardi's cookbook Gourmet Nutrition. We purchased it over the summer, and I cook from it at least 2x a week. The recipes are easy, with pre-calculated macros. He also breaks them down to "anytime" and "post-workout" meals. Best of all everything is DELICIOUS! Best dessert in the book is the poached pear w/raspberries.

gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50) gecko... will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    O. M. G.

those brownies are delicious!!!! I made mine with choc whey, skim and 1tsp PB. I've found a new favourite!! Thanks!

O. M. G.

those brownies are delicious!!!! I made mine with choc whey, skim and 1tsp PB. I've found a new favourite!! Thanks!

erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    Look them up on Amazon too. That's where I always get them.

st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) st5p8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what i usually do before bed [to get in my protein macros] is 2 scoops scivation chocolate whey, a bit of water [just enough to make it gooey] and a tablespoon of natural cruncy peanut butter, mix it all up and stick it in the freezer for half hour to an hour and just eat it with a spoon. its like super gooey, chocolately yumminess, i feel like its a dessert and then realize i'm eating it because its good for me!

bump

bealotus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bealotus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bealotus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bealotus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bealotus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bealotus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is a picture of one i "dressed up"

thanks for sharing this recipe
    It turned out very yummy, I added cocoa powder to the mix.