Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rodertoro View Post
    yeah ofc its bogus....what does "proccessing" even entail.

just did my first real class of MT. loved it! but ****..i got options. might have to check out other MT gyms or even BJJ.

yearly is $750+tax and monthly 75$+tax.....i think i might have to look for cheaper option. Is this the normal? the gym is kinda small, mat space is crowded but there's a lot of bags, + ring, + few weights but i dont think its heavy enough for real bodybuilding.
    Always best to consider all the reasonable options in the area. $75/month sounds reasonable for MT (depending on how many classes per week). It also depends on your area, pricing should be compared to other prices in the area. In a large city, $75/month would be considered cheap for example.

They probably do not offer sufficient body building equipment because it is not going to benefit them. MT isn't focused on body building but more-so conditioning and cardio. Someone who is into body building is most likely going to sign up at a traditional gym that has available everything the bodybuilder is looking for, it doesn't make sense to spend the money in that area for a smaller MT gym.

Either way, I'd check out all options and find the best fit based on how you like, price, commute, etc...
    BJJ Brah

LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftingMiscer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My first muay thai class, i got a low kick and a knee to the diaphragm

pain painnnn

Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hadzikic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'm going my first BJJ class in like next week, is really small wrists a good or bad thing for BJJ? i am vry worried that i will be easily wrist controlled and outgrappled by anyone i may roll with.

Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Satrakian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Had my 1st MMA class last wednesday, strong rotator cuff phuck up, sparred with a guy who was like 30lbs lighter than me and skilled af, he submitted me 6 times in 90 seconds,
    *Misc BJJ & Kickboxing crew*

*Misc Cryptocurrency crew*

*Misc PC Masterrace crew*

schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000) schoobs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've read a few pages but it's hard on my phone to go through all of it....

My question is: for wrestling/Bjj what stretches would you guys recommend before starting? I have about two months before I can consider joining a gym and I'm worried I would pop a hammy the first day for sure

Thanks
    You have my word as a Schoobs.

CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CanardLaque is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by schoobs View Post
    I've read a few pages but it's hard on my phone to go through all of it....

My question is: for wrestling/Bjj what stretches would you guys recommend before starting? I have about two months before I can consider joining a gym and I'm worried I would pop a hammy the first day for sure

Thanks
    Hip stretch, pigeon stretch.

gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had my first BJJ class last night and rolled for the first time today (for nearly 2 hrs off and on) and I'm on cloud nine AND simultaneously feel like I was hit by a bus after running a marathon in a blizzard. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!
    BFing mom. Pediatric ICU Nurse. Farm girl stuck in the Sin City. BJJ Purple belt.

Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gorbeth View Post
    I had my first BJJ class last night and rolled for the first time today (for nearly 2 hrs off and on) and I'm on cloud nine AND simultaneously feel like I was hit by a bus after running a marathon in a blizzard. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!
    You want uggs and rear naked choke bb?

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    das it. Really exciting huh?

Have you done any stand up or anything either?
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gorbeth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Haha... the place I train is mostly purple and higher, with a couple whites, couple blues, and I'm the only adult female.

Rolling with 220# men as a noob is pretty humbling. I'm glad they are almost all higher belts, because they are helping me so much!

Super helpful and chill group.

I've been in a rear choke more than I've wanted to be this week, haha. Bruises everywhere, looks like I have hickies on my neck from the chokes, but at least I'm getting pretty good at the escapes.

Never knew I could be so sore everywhere!
    BFing mom. Pediatric ICU Nurse. Farm girl stuck in the Sin City. BJJ Purple belt.

Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Axman5000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Haha... the place I train is mostly purple and higher, with a couple whites, couple blues, and I'm the only adult female.

Rolling with 220# men as a noob is pretty humbling. I'm glad they are almost all higher belts, because they are helping me so much!

Super helpful and chill group.

I've been in a rear choke more than I've wanted to be this week, haha. Bruises everywhere, looks like I have hickies on my neck from the chokes, but at least I'm getting pretty good at the escapes.

Never knew I could be so sore everywhere!

sloots gon sloot. . . .

not srs hope you continue to enjoy it. I'm assuming it's gi?

Originally Posted by Axman5000 View Post
    sloots gon sloot. . . .

not srs hope you continue to enjoy it. I'm assuming it's gi?
    Only gi so far.

Nothing anyone could have told me would have prepped me for how sore my knuckles and hands are. I had trouble holding a pen at work yesterday.

This week's goals: spazz out less, protect my neck and keep my elbows in, realize when I actually have someone in an arm bar (yes, I keep getting them in one and forget to actually finish, smh), keep my knee up so they don't mount so easily, and last but not least.... DON'T DIE.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Only gi so far.

Nothing anyone could have told me would have prepped me for how sore my knuckles and hands are. I had trouble holding a pen at work yesterday.

This week's goals: spazz out less, protect my neck and keep my elbows in, realize when I actually have someone in an arm bar (yes, I keep getting them in one and forget to actually finish, smh), keep my knee up so they don't mount so easily, and last but not least.... DON'T DIE.
    Yeah, try and recovery, eat right, etc.

I think a lot of newer guys tend to spazz a lot because you get in dangerous spots and don't know what to do. Sometimes wasted energy.

I do a lot of no gi and wrestling right now and you have to be methodical. Striking is more of my forte but I need to learn the ground. Keep at it!
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CodyXKnight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On Point
    5"8
    145 pounds

Bench-215
    Squat-385
    Deadlift-395
    40-4.42
    Vertical-32"

MMA,Wrestling,BJJ.

BJJMMA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

trying to help out the ones who are in budget[url]http://www.whittierfightshop.com/[/

I agree with his advice if someone ever thinks of getting into getting in shape and want to know how to fight. If anyone needs fighting equipment for a cheap price try whittier fight shop they took care of me very good lol

RisktheMisc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did a few years of Muay Thai, and this is the best advice I can offer to anyone new. Wear long-legged boxer shorts/underwear. The traditional Thai shorts you will be wearing, are very open, and well, short. Far too many guys have made victims of an entire class when their packages roll out during stretches in the mirror. Don't be one of them. For everyone's sake.

Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tapciv is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Only gi so far.

Sounds like you are on the right path.

My advice (as an average purple belt), the #1 concept I find beginners neglect is to block the cross face on bottom.

I remember through most of my time at white belt I was having a hard time with guard until my friend said "why don't you block cross face when I am passing your guard?" which is something no one had explained to me at that point. Once I learned this, I found I was getting crushed in side control less but giving up mount more often until I combined the blocking cross face with bringing my knee to my elbow and this lead to me actually being able to develop an actual guard.

When blocking cross face on passes though, try not to fully extend your arm. Having a stiff arm when blocking cross face makes it not only easier for the opponent to circle around (Ryan Hall showed me a way to force your opponent to have a stiff arm and then circle around it really well, if you stiff arm yourself your doing half the work for your opponent) but also opens up a range of attacks and ways to keep your elbow far away from your body.

Blocking the cross face should be more of a "check" between their bicep and your face in order to prevent being flattened out.

Learning this concept and idea not only helped me on bottom at white belt but also helped my top game/control/guard passing as I started to see what to look for and cross face my opponents. I find a lot of white belts/beginners generally will start to push the hips, push whatever they can on the body to make space to bring the legs in from flat on the back which expends a lot of energy and is not effective once your opponent cross faces you anyway.
    BJJ Brah

This week's goals: spazz out less
    This is important.

One of my former training partners and quite the successful competitor wrote this on reddit and I think it is spot on to improvement as a beginner.

From bottom guard, try to have frames between you and your opponent to manage distance. Don't let them crossface you.

From the top position, always have good base. Make sure your limbs post into the mat in such a way that they align against your opponent's common movements that try to destabilize you. If you are losing your base, you must reestablish it (ie. post a hand to the mat, reposition your foot, etc). Don't keep trying to pass or going for a submission when you aren't stable.

Attack out of safe positions. This mean not only form dominant positions like mount, sidemount, or back, but also applies to passing and guard. The position you pass from should be safe, meaning that you position yourself in a way that you shuts the other guy's offense down first and then you can pressure the attack. Some goes for guard. Have good frames or grips and then attack from there. Don't jump for things. It's like rock climbing.
    BJJ Brah

thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im hopefully starting in about 2 weeks.

can someone who knows check out this website and lemme what they think? is the pricing good? does it seem reputable? etc

http: //www .undisputedfa.com/article/undisputed-fight-academy-1.asp ( cant do links I don't have 50 posts)

I just found this place this morning via the google search, thankfully its pretty close to my house. The other place im considering is way on the other side of town but I cant post the website since their site is down atm.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could check, I would rep but I don't think I can even do that yet.

DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DSH1627 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hi guys,

contemplating going to try out BJJ as i heard it has great health benefits and also is great self defence.

I would like to do the fundamentals first as i have never done BJJ before, hell, i've never been in a fight before! this is why i need to do this, i want to learn how to defend myself and my family.

This is the place im going, what do you guys think?

http://www.truespirit-mma.co.uk/

ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShouldersBrahh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    plan on starting out mma training was wondering if one of you could tell me whether this place near me would be legit

http://www.hangar4.com.au/

cheers

PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ShouldersBrahh View Post
    plan on starting out mma training was wondering if one of you could tell me whether this place near me would be legit

http://www.hangar4.com.au/

cheers
    yeah, go for it

wanttogetbig7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Id like to start MMA but not sure if I should do some more training before I start or just jump in? Better to start even if I'm out of shape or better to wait till I lift a while?

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by wanttogetbig7 View Post
    Id like to start MMA but not sure if I should do some more training before I start or just jump in? Better to start even if I'm out of shape or better to wait till I lift a while?

Any thoughts from anyone?

Thanks!
    Just jump in, you'll get in condition as you go... just wasting time waiting.

Just jump in, you'll get in condition as you go... just wasting time waiting.
    Hey thanks for that advice ....

Do they typically start sparring right away and how do they match you up?

Are there usually a total mix of newbies and more experienced folks? How do they handle it when there's a mismatch?

Looking for some basic info ...

PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PAU1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey thanks for that advice ....

Do they typically start sparring right away and how do they match you up?

Are there usually a total mix of newbies and more experienced folks? How do they handle it when there's a mismatch?

Looking for some basic info ...
    No, they shouldn't have you sparring right away. There is a range of experiences in a fight team. They should aim to develop you as a sparring partner, when the time comes for you to spar. There are usually guidelines when sparring which account for differences. For example, going at x%, light w no gear to focus on technique, ect.

shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10) shotgym is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have been training bjj 3 years and muay thai 1 year and i love bjj At the beginning you shouldn't take part in sparrings ( it is one of the rules in my club) Very often more experienced members want to show to noobs their "strength"
    www.shotgym.com

Originally Posted by shotgym View Post
    I have been training bjj 3 years and muay thai 1 year and i love bjj At the beginning you shouldn't take part in sparrings ( it is one of the rules in my club) Very often more experienced members want to show to noobs their "strength"
    That's kind of what I was wondering about ... how they don't end up pairing you up with someone way beyond your own skill level.

Is there any particular type of disicpline it makes sense to work on first? Like karate vs Judo ... as a beginner? There are a lot of different gyms in my town.

Also wondering if one type is better for another as one to learn if you tend to be smaller like me ....

Thanks for the help ...

Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Singularity7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really looking to get into BJJ will also be my real first time partaking in a martial arts. Fan of MMA and a few friends practice boxing and kickboxing.
    I have found a BJJ gym and it looks pretty good. Coach seems qualified and has participated in numerous competitions from the looks of it, the facilities looks decent judging from the pics.
    Still want opinions if this is good enough with this head coach?
    http://www.cpabjj.com.au/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Portugues_Vieira
    Thanks.
    https://bandcamp.com/singularity7 - Music collection. Recommend albums. Always looking for more.

Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That's kind of what I was wondering about ... how they don't end up pairing you up with someone way beyond your own skill level.

Is there any particular type of disicpline it makes sense to work on first? Like karate vs Judo ... as a beginner? There are a lot of different gyms in my town.

Also wondering if one type is better for another as one to learn if you tend to be smaller like me ....

Thanks for the help ...
    It's not really that big of a deal.

You get paired with someone 4 belts above you, you get tapped out 50 times. The end.

You go against a 3 month white belt, you get tapped out 3 times.

Eventually you start to tap people out
    "Testosterone levels peak during a man's late 20's but decline soon after, decreasing about 1.5 percent per year after age 30. "

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

!!!+052 kcab per lliW