Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'10", 204 lbs
    BodyPoints: 4271
    BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BeardBrahhh has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BeardBrahhh's BodySpace

Buying Shotgun In Florida: What should I know?

So I've decided on getting the shotgun; now I'm wondering what the process is for buying on in Florida...

What do I need to bring; just ID and payment?

What should I look for to be sure the gun is well made? (Remmington 870 is what I'm after)

Do I need to "register" it, or can I keep it off the books?

Thanks!

Stats: 6'0", 208 lbs
    BodyPoints: 40710
    Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ultra_Magnus has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ultra_Magnus's BodySpace
    Just walk in and buy it. Shouldnt need anythign special to get a shotgun.

Ide handle a mossberg 500 also. The controls are located in different locations on each.

See what feels more natural and comfortable.

Stats: 6'1", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 15392
    A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit A New Era's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Yoshio View Post
    So I've decided on getting the shotgun; now I'm wondering what the process is for buying on in Florida...

What do I need to bring; just ID and payment?

What should I look for to be sure the gun is well made? (Remmington 870 is what I'm after)

Do I need to "register" it, or can I keep it off the books?

Thanks!

Just bring your ID and money. You will have to do a standard call in background check. There is no registration since it's illegal to keep records of firearms in Florida. Depending on what county you live in there might be a wait period. For instance in Dade and Broward there is a 5 day wait unless you have your Concealed Carry Permit (you are 21 so you should get one).
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) BigHulkHogan is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    Just bring your ID and money. You will have to do a standard call in background check. There is no registration since it's illegal to keep records of firearms in Florida. Depending on what county you live in there might be a wait period. For instance in Dade and Broward there is a 5 day wait unless you have your Concealed Carry Permit (you are 21 so you should get one).
    What? A waiting period in FLORIDA!!!

****.....there isnt even a waiting period in maryland or NJ!

But i guess certain counties have different rules if its a high crime/high population area.

Just never heard of that in FL.

But yea, Florida is extremely loose on gun laws.

Just walk in, show ID, give cash, check or credit card.
    They do Over The Wire instant background check....
    Bam......walk out with the gun.............same thing with pistols too pretty much.
    They DONT register firearms........unless they are fully automatic class 4

****.....they dont even register shotguns or hunting rifles in Maryland, where I used to live......and thats considered a pretty gun tight state......even though its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be....(unless you want assault pistols, or CCW), other than that, you can have whatever you want.
    Last edited by BigHulkHogan; 10-08-2008 at 08:31 PM.
    "Yea....That's what SHE SAID!!!"

"In the wild, there is no healthcare. In the wild healthcare is 'Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me, and I'm dead.' Well, I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead."

"Obama can eat **** and die for all I care! He's just a black Hitler in disguise...and americans IQ level just dropped for electing him!"

Stats: 209 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5142
    Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Dragger's BodySpace
    Yeah, don't saw the barrel. Any.

You can buy a shorter one but if you take even a 1/4 inch off the longest barrel you can find it's still considered an "illegal modification", even if the length is over the legal minimum.

Felony.

Prison(if they pursue).

Prison rape(if you have a "purty mouth").
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid and lazy people, just that we should eliminate warning labels and welfare, let the problem take care of itself.

I do not support military action in Syria.

Stats: 6'1", 220 lbs
    BodyPoints: 15392
    A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) A New Era has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit A New Era's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by BigHulkHogan View Post
    What? A waiting period in FLORIDA!!!

****.....there isnt even a waiting period in maryland or NJ!

But i guess certain counties have different rules if its a high crime/high population area.

Just never heard of that in FL.

But yea, Florida is extremely loose on gun laws.

Just walk in, show ID, give cash, check or credit card.
    They do Over The Wire instant background check....
    Bam......walk out with the gun.............same thing with pistols too pretty much.
    They DONT register firearms........unless they are fully automatic class 4

****.....they dont even register shotguns or hunting rifles in Maryland, where I used to live......and thats considered a pretty gun tight state......even though its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be....(unless you want assault pistols, or CCW), other than that, you can have whatever you want.
    Yeah it's only in a few counties where obviously there is more crime. South Florida is very different than the rest of Florida. Although there is no wait for rifles and handguns in dade/broward once you get your CCW which by law Florida has to issue to you in 90 days as long as you meet the basic requirements. Also it's class III not class 4 for full auto. There is no such thing as class 4 :P prob just a typo.

Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
    Yeah, don't saw the barrel. Any.

You can buy a shorter one but if you take even a 1/4 inch off the longest barrel you can find it's still considered an "illegal modification", even if the length is over the legal minimum.

Felony.

Prison(if they pursue).

Prison rape(if you have a "purty mouth").

Uhhh please know the laws before posting like it's a fact. You can saw your barrels all day if you want as long as they meet the minimum 16" for the barrel and 26" overall length. If you want to go shorter you just have to turn it into an SBR and pay the $200 tax stamp to the BATFE and you can saw it down to 4" if your heart desires.
    Last edited by A New Era; 10-08-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Stats: 209 lbs
    BodyPoints: 5142
    Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Dragger has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Dragger's BodySpace
    Uhhh please know the laws before posting like it's a fact. You can saw your barrels all day if you want as long as they meet the minimum 16" for the barrel and 26" overall length. If you want to go shorter you just have to turn it into an SBR and pay the $200 tax stamp to the BATFE and you can saw it down to 4" if your heart desires.
    It's a Federal law I learned about in Criminal Justice.

Not long ago my Dad took a few inches off the barrel of a shotty, it was well within the legal barrel/length limit but because it was an "illegal modification" he was almost charged with it. He'd never broken the law before so they gave him a heads-up and looked the other way.

And I recall the minimum barrel was 15.5? But it's been awhile and I could be wrong on that one.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid and lazy people, just that we should eliminate warning labels and welfare, let the problem take care of itself.

I do not support military action in Syria.

Stats: 5'7", 175 lbs
    BodyPoints: 30335
    guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) guest89 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit guest89's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Dragger View Post
    It's a Federal law I learned about in Criminal Justice.

Not long ago my Dad took a few inches off the barrel of a shotty, it was well within the legal barrel/length limit but because it was an "illegal modification" he was almost charged with it. He'd never broken the law before so they gave him a heads-up and looked the other way.

And I recall the minimum barrel was 15.5? But it's been awhile and I could be wrong on that one.
    Bull**** law, although it may apply in some states/areas. I've a friend who had to saw his bbl to 18" because he had mud in his barrel and it exploded.

Legal lengths are 16" barrel for a rifle.
    18" barrel for a shotgun.
    Except for combating and limiting the implementation and spreading of Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, war has never solved anything.

Stats: 5'9", 208 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1078
    ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ntallyfl's BodySpace

I think that's for handguns. For long guns, you buy and walk.

Stats: 6'1", 234 lbs
    BodyPoints: 44477
    sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sugicalmike has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sugicalmike's BodySpace
    OP, the slugs come out of the pointy end..... be mindful of that.
    "The gods of the valleys are not the gods of the mountains"
    -U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School motto

......................... Tolerance's Avatar
    Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Tolerance's BodySpace
    wat?????????

why is it illegal to have firearm records in FL? (I live in FL)

wouldn't they need to keep records to make sure guns are registered and if the gun isn't "off the street" and is legit (say, if a cop finds it on you) ?
    America

-Do you know the actual meaning of "blood is thicker than water"? The blood of your friends, your notional brothers, is thicker than the water from the womb in which you had been conceived from.

Think about that ^

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back."
    -Arnold

ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ntallyfl has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by Tolerance View Post
    wat?????????

why is it illegal to have firearm records in FL? (I live in FL)

wouldn't they need to keep records to make sure guns are registered and if the gun isn't "off the street" and is legit (say, if a cop finds it on you) ?
    No, but you can find out if it's stolen at http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a

......................... Tolerance's Avatar
    Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Tolerance has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Tolerance's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by ntallyfl View Post
    No, but you can find out if it's stolen at http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a
    but im saying.... say if i own a shotgun or handgun (when im 21), and the cop sees it in my car or something........ how would HE know it's legit is what im saying. because i can tell him "yea it's legal......". but who the hell's to say he's gonna believe me.
    America

-Do you know the actual meaning of "blood is thicker than water"? The blood of your friends, your notional brothers, is thicker than the water from the womb in which you had been conceived from.

Think about that ^

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back."
    -Arnold

Originally Posted by Tolerance View Post
    but im saying.... say if i own a shotgun or handgun (when im 21), and the cop sees it in my car or something........ how would HE know it's legit is what im saying. because i can tell him "yea it's legal......". but who the hell's to say he's gonna believe me.
    Several things here:

1) He shouldn't "see" it in your car. You should have it hidden
    2) Always refuse a search! Repeat this phrase "I do not consent to a search"
    3) See #2 regardless of what he threatens
    4) Know the 4th amendment to the constitution
    5) You have the right to remain silent - use it! You don't have answer the questions.
    6) If he does find it in your car, he can do a search to see if it's stolen.

Anything other questions see #2 and #5