dougdrums has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sandwich meat... Good or bad?

So i the past few months i've been using the easy to eat and prepare packaged sandwich meat, specifically turkey and chicken of course, to try to get more of the protein i need in my diet, cause i don't always have time to cook a whole chicken breast. I'm starting to worry about preservatives and other bad things this food might have though, that might be detrimental to my muscle gains and fat loss. Any words of advice, or easy to prepare substitution ideas? I do drink plenty of protein shakes, it's just that a sandwich with a bunch of meat on it is easy to make when you're in a hurry at lunch.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Probably not going to be detrimental to your muscle gains or fat loss. Granted excessive consumption of nitrites may not be the healthiest but in moderation shouldn't pose a problem.

If you're going to eat cold-cuts and don't mind the sodium, Boars Head is about as good as you're going to get.

You ever consider cooking a turkey or a lot of chicken, etc... and using that for sandwich meat instead? Mass cook and freeze it.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

dougdrums has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know my basics on carbs and protein but things like nitrites i'm not so up-to-date on, and i guess that's what i was worried about. I do however have high blood pressure and therefore have to watch my sodium intake. I have considered mass cooking and i know i need to, but i'm usually out of town on the weekends and am busy during the week nights. I need to just cut out the excuses and pick a night to do just that. The sandwiches made from good non-cold cut stuff would probably taste better anyway. I'm also real bad about being in a hurry running to the fridge, and just grabbing a handful of lunchmeat and eating it... having it frozen would stop me from doing that. But, i guess cooking in bulk and making time to defrost and eat it is just another habit i need to get used to. Thanks for the info.

Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's fine. Just go for the turkey/chicken breast. Sometimes they even have low sodium. Keep your water intake up and you'll be fine.