peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) peruvianhorse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Optimum GlycoMaize

I'm thinking about adding this to my post work out shake.I usually workout at around 6:30 so Im done at like 7:30 or so and I immediately take my protein shake(2 scoops of ON 100% whey with water) and have a complete meal like an hour or so after that and then my cottage cheese or casein shake before bed.
    I heard that people eat stuff like a banana or blackberries for fast carbs
    Stats: 18 years old,6ft tall,184lbs,15% bf.Trying to lose bodyfat % and gain muscle

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by peruvianhorse View Post
    I'm thinking about adding this to my post work out shake.I usually workout at around 6:30 so Im done at like 7:30 or so and I immediately take my protein shake(2 scoops of ON 100% whey with water) and have a complete meal like an hour or so after that and then my cottage cheese or casein shake before bed.
    I heard that people eat stuff like a banana or blackberries for fast carbs
    Stats: 18 years old,6ft tall,184lbs,15% bf.Trying to lose bodyfat % and gain muscle

Absolutely no need for fast carbs post workout, not even a need for carbs at all, unless you want them.

IMO waxymaze is a totally over-hyped product. Doesn't offer anything unique. If you want really cheap carbs either use some ground up oats, whole wheat flour, or buy some maltodextrin ($1-2/lb).

About post-workout carbs:

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    For most bodybuilding purposes, the desired elevation in post-workout insulin is easily achievable through a scoop and one half (45 grams) of whey alone (absent any carbs at all) which can raise insulin levels to 39 mU/l.

What does that strange number-letter combination mean to a muscle head? Well, when you look at the two Greenhaff, et. al, research together, it suggests that increasing insulin to a range of about 15-30 mU/l maximizes muscle protein balance (muscle protein synthesis minus muscle protein breakdown). Furthermore, recently (December 2010), Staples, and colleagues found that muscle protein balance was maximized at 19 mU/l. These three studies taken together support a position that a ballpark insulin level of about 2-5 times normal fasting insulin levels is all that is needed to maximize muscle protein balance.

Guess what? You can easily achieve these levels of insulin increase (a.k.a. "spike") via drinking most commercial or homemade protein + carb shakes or **gasp** even a whole food meal.

Now this will blow your mind...even eating 600 kcal of pizza (which contains 17 grams of fat) will raise insulin levels to a maximum point of 5.6 times that of fasting levels--so much for needing the "fast" hydrowhey protein and "fast" carbs postworkout.

By the way, the claimed post workout "insulin spike" is not going to speed up glycogen resynthesis immediately after your workout anyway because the first hour of glycogenesis is not an insulin-dependent process.

Alas, if you are some type of endurance athlete then "fast" post workout carbs become more relevant for you, but as shadar explained, 99% of the people reading these boards do not fit the narrow category of individuals who will see a benefit of fast post workout carbs over any type of post workout carb.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tru3demon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    Absolutely no need for fast carbs post workout, not even a need for carbs at all, unless you want them.

IMO waxymaze is a totally over-hyped product. Doesn't offer anything unique. If you want really cheap carbs either use some ground up oats, whole wheat flour, or buy some maltodextrin ($1-2/lb).

About post-workout carbs:
    Mind=Blown
    Currently on 10 week cut

Current Stack:

Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men
    GNC Ultra Omega Fish Oil
    Xtreme Formulations Whey
    Higher Power 100% Casein
    Thermolife C-Bol
    Driven Sports Triazole
    PharmaFreak Ripped Freak