Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Why do some guys wear spandex shorts to the gym?

not talking about just gay guys. i see straight men wearing spandex shorts while lifting. is there a specific reason for this?

RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    comfort? I wear them underneath my normal shorts when i go, its kind of like a jock strap and keeps you in place

rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rude boy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RugbyIsBest View Post
    comfort? I wear them underneath my normal shorts when i go, its kind of like a jock strap and keeps you in place
    yeah i understand underneath the shorts but i'm talking about just wearing the spandex with nothing over top

R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rude boy View Post
    yeah i understand underneath the shorts but i'm talking about just wearing the spandex with nothing over top
    lets be honest.

nobody understands.

all we know is that this behavior must be STOPPED.
    my workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109004601

RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RugbyIsBest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    they just don't feel like putting anything over cause they think its sexy and can show off to everyone else. I think its just a matter of the fact they think it looks good, they might tell you that baggy shorts over top are distracting or something like that.

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I wear lots of tight stuff in the gym, like t-shirts and vest etc, but never shorts. That is for only d*cks who want to show off way too much.

BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well I would like to see you tell BIG ronnie not to wear spandex ........lol
    Last edited by trytogain; 10-05-2008 at 06:29 PM.

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by trytogain View Post
    well I would like to see to tell BIG ronnie not to wear spandex ........lol
    haha obviously pros are excused. Especially when they go to America for shoots, where over the top is the law of the land!

buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) buffryan45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the same reason the old guy walks around naked, it wouldn't be a gym without it. They are standard issue gym accessories. Like the guy who really clanks his weights together hard, and the guy who screams and grunts like hes giving birth. Or the guy curling in the squat rack, talking for 15 mins between sets.

These are the reasons i have weights/cardio stuff in my basement.
    Current: (GOALS)

Deadlift: 500x1 (540x1)
    Squat: 450x1 (475x1)
    Bench: 320x1 (350x1)
    Military Press: 230x1 (300x1)
    Barbell Row: 290x1 (350x1)

"Well, nothing makes a gallon of milk go down easier than a box of pop tarts"

BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BuffMister has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by lancs_hotpot View Post
    haha obviously pros are excused. Especially when they go to America for shoots, where over the top is the law of the land!
    LOL good point

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personal preference.

I prefer loose sweatpants.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFighter80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do have a pair of underarmour compression shorts that I sometimes wear to the gym. But I would never wear them without shorts over them. Not in a million years.

Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any world class powerlifter will wear tight shorts to the gym... bagged shorts tend to get in the way especially in lifts like the deadlifts where the bar is pretty much dragging along side your body.
    美國海軍陸戰隊 E5, USMC 06'-14'
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦
    *Misc Photography Crew*

“In order for man to succeed in life, God provided him with two means, education and physical activity. Not separately, one for the soul and the other for the body, but for the two together. With these two means, man can attain perfection.” - Plato

Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rude boy View Post
    not talking about just gay guys. i see straight men wearing spandex shorts while lifting. is there a specific reason for this?
    Insanity is a tricky thing to understand...
    Witness the Final Days of My Sanity: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144537581

David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) David.Remley has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i make sure to wear boxer briefs isntead of normal boxes on squat day. before i did this i ripped a couple pairs of normal boxers when squatting low.

i still wear shorts on top. however, sometimes when shruging i can feel the bar or dumbells rub up against my shotrs and drag them down a little. also, when doing leg press the shorts can creep down a bit.

even still...no way i'm going spandex.

Wherever I go, there I am tuberacer49's Avatar
    tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I only wear compression shorts under my short-shorts when doing squats. Do compression shorts fall under the Richard Simmons category, Y/N?
    pong

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Thumbs up Spandex Power

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd wear shorts like this to the gym if I had them.

http://media.putfile.com/Pyrros-Dimas-training-75
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

Registered User Big Arm Big Pay's Avatar
    Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why do you care what other people wear to the gym?
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454246811#post454246811

"Dude...there are ALWAYS ninjas. You just can't see them." - HardGainer82, Clark Kent, WishmasterATM, BPP, poopoo333, JOSEF RAKICH

junooni09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    feel like i should add my 2 cents...

I run on trail and on treadmill, I used get skin chafed all the time, then I discovered compression shorts. At first, I used to wear another loose shorts over it but after a while I got tired of washing an extra short, so now I just wear compression shorts with loose tshirt.

Initially I used to be self concise while just wearing compression shorts especially when i ran at gym cause there are very few guys who wear compression shorts there. But now it's so natural that I don't even think about it.

However, I have noticed that I get hit on a lot on trail now but that might have more to do with losing fat and getting healthier.

Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Same reason you get the 110lbs'ers wearing tight vests
    “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

-Albert Einstein

We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50) We Drowned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wear spandex-like material bike/compression shorts when I ride the bike in the gym. It's so your crotch doesn't ride up your ass.

Why you'd wear it otherwise, I'm not sure, but there might be a reason. No reason to get all judgy, yeah?
    I love you.

Registered User SmithMachineGuy's Avatar
    SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SmithMachineGuy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    People should wear whatever clothing they feel comfortable in. Ridiculing other peoples clothes is lame. Like those guys on E! Award Show Fashion reviews. I saw this really flamboyant dude wearing some sort of strange outfit from outer space complete with silver hair, yet he had the audacity to criticize a another guy because his tie was too thin!

If someone likes wearing tight shorts to the gym, who cares. If someone likes the way that the spandex contours their enormous package, then good for them. If his giant lycra-wrapped sausage is too much for you too handle, think of it as an excercise in self control. Concentrate on what you are doing, ignore the distractions, and then the world is a happier and better place.

Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wear trunks under my shorts to the gym. Granted they are shorts that come an inch or two above my knee, so when I squat or do abs I show lots of leg. I have the decency though, in a public place, to wear shorts over my underwear.

bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by R_Bid View Post
    lets be honest.

nobody understands.

all we know is that this behavior must be STOPPED.
    i couldnt of put it any better than this?

Originally Posted by lancs_hotpot View Post
    I wear lots of tight stuff in the gym, like t-shirts and vest etc, but never shorts. That is for only d*cks who want to show off way too much.
    why brah why?
    SIZE DONT LIE

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its so you can see my monster dong while I'm working out. I also carry around a box of magnum condoms to drive the point home.

Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    Its so you can see my monster dong while I'm working out. I also carry around a box of magnum condoms to drive the point home.
    LOLOL omg laughed out loud.

Team Boss Barbell Club Rsardinia's Avatar
    Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rsardinia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why do some guys wear underarmor shirts when they are clearly not built enough to "show off" their body that way? no clue. might be ego, might be delusions, might be comfort. I'm sure each of them has their own answer.

bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000) bizzlewood is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rsardinia View Post
    Why do some guys wear underarmor shirts when they are clearly not built enough to "show off" their body that way? no clue. might be ego, might be delusions, might be comfort. I'm sure each of them has their own answer.
    underarmor shirts?

aware me ?
    SIZE DONT LIE

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So people can see my penis.