Thread: Frozen Shoulder

RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RetBodyBuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Frozen Shoulder

I started working out with weights in Feb 2008 and have been at it since then. I experienced pain in the right shoulder when I attempted heavy shoulder press or bench press. The physio at the gym diagnosed it as periarthritis (adhesive capsultis). I consulted another physio who is into sports medicine and he also came up with a similar diagnosis. I am diabetic.
    I do regular exercises to increase my range of motion. However I am unable to shoulder press or bench press now. I do other exercises for the delts with dumbells like front raise, lateral raise and rear lateral raise.
    Are there any here who have experienced frozen shoulder and have continued to exercise the shoulders as I would like to know if it worsens the injured shoulder?

Cast down,but not destroy bird72's Avatar
    bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000) bird72 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bman006 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

same shoulder...

I've been experiencing the same problem same shoulder, It's a sharp pain that occurs when i flat bench press & incline bench press. The pain is more intense when i incline bench. However when i decline bench press it doesn't bother me. I feel it slightly when i do lateral raises and doing front raises it doesn't hurt. I do feel it during shoulder presses but i'm able to complete all my sets and reps. I usually just massage it between sets. i'v noticed it for about 3 weeks now. But it hasn't gotten worse. I am continuing my workouts but i am cautious.

blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Other than seeing a doctor to see if you have some real damage, I suggest using DB for bench. If you hold the DB's naturally at the bottom of the movement, it takes the stress off the shoulders... I don't use BB for bench anymore and my shoulder doesn't bother me in the least...

Peace...
    God is always with me and I'll never give up...

Back To It has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Back To It has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Back To It has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, I have had Frozen Shoulder.

If you truly have Frozen Shoulder Syndrome then the "right" exercises will not damage it. In fact, if you do the "right" exercises it can help speed up the healing process. The "right" exercises will help break it free. You just need to make sure it really is Frozen Shoulder that you have.

About five years ago I had a shoulder injury that was diagnosed as Frozen Shoulder by two different doctors (one was a Sports Injury Doctor).

I read up about Frozen Shoulder and something was not right when I was rehabbing mine for Frozen Shoulder. Exercise should have made it better but mine got much worse. It turned out that I had Frozen Shoulder, but it was a symptom of a bigger issue. I went thru about three months of rehab for the Frozen Shoulder and ended up tearing my rotator cuff.

I went to a third doctor and he diagnosed it correctly in less than 10 seconds of looking at it. I had an impingement and other damage in the shoulder. I had surgery and they fixed everything and my shoulder works perfectly now. I have no issues on any lifts and I can do everything now that I could do before the injury.

After surgery I stuck with the Frozen Shoulder exercises and the pain decreased within a month or two. Within 4 months it was completely healed

You just need to make sure you really know what is going on with that shoulder.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you truly have frozen shoulder I would stay away from any benching and see a PT or chiro it needs to stretched and that is a process, to break up the scar tissue that has caused this takes numerous visits and rehab.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMO a physio is one thing, an MD is another. I'd go to an MD to rule out anything else it might be. Your diabetes should not be a factor in this type of injury.