ASpec818 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What type of doctor should I see for shoulder weakness?

So I'm looking through my health benefits website, browsing for a doctor to take a look at my shoulder. I've been having a weak, popping left shoulder and it has affected my lifts. However, there is no pain involved.

I'm a little confused on what kind of doctor to go for. Should I go for ones who specialize in "PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION", or "ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY".

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ASpec818 View Post
    So I'm looking through my health benefits website, browsing for a doctor to take a look at my shoulder. I've been having a weak, popping left shoulder and it has affected my lifts. However, there is no pain involved.

I'm a little confused on what kind of doctor to go for. Should I go for ones who specialize in "PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION", or "ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY".

You don't have sports medicine doctors?
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ortho.
    My recovery journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123572831

Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beachmaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Initially you should get a consult with an Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in shoulder injuries. If he feels you can benefit from physical therapy or pain management rather than surgical intervention THEN he will refer you to a doctor of physical medicine (also called a Physiatrist) who will examine you and develop a treatment plan.

Jay_Cee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try a physiatrist

ASpec818 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so the ones who specialize in PHYSICAL MEDICINE AND REHABILITATION would be fine right? I don't think I will need surgery or anything on my shoulder as there is no pain. It's more of a nuisance.