IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Might've Found a New Program!

Well, new for me

I'm beyond excited...I have the same feeling I felt when I ran across NROL4W by accident at the library. This one is called "Built for Show: Four Body-Changing Workouts for Building Muscle, Losing Fat, and Looking Good Enough to Hook Up" by Nate Green.

Yes it's written for guys LOL as the subtitle suggests but I ignored the guy talk and started flipping through because women can train the same as men right Lesson learned over my time reading here! I was so happy to have paper and pencil with me to take notes as I skimmed through:

The forward is written by Lou Schuler...major plus...I was sold not to mention it reads just like NROL4W.

The workouts are broken down into Fall-Winter and Spring-Summer.

Fall-Winter seems to be a strength building-bulking phase...the basic exercises with progressed strength and mass building.

-3 workouts per week broken down into Workout A and B with varied sets and reps each Mon-Wed-Fri...I'm so used to the WOA-WOB rotation so that's a plus. The varied reps as the week progresses is a bonus because Mon you'll do 3x8, Wed you'll do 5x5, and Fri, you'll do 3x12.
    -Upper/Lower Split...this was something I was wanting to go to since I've been doing full body for so long now.

Spring-Summer focuses on power and working towards the athletic look with plyometrics and other explosive movements progressing into the finishing touches of continued leaning out with intervals and sprints...and proper diet of course!

-The workouts switch from a Lower/Upper Split to 3 Full Body Workouts in the same AB pattern.
    -Plyos have a lowered rep range as the week progresses to encourage you to add weight to your jumps...that would be totally new for me and a very cool challenge!
    -In the Summer Stage, he incorporates isolation exercises into the mix along with the Intervals and Sprints.

Has anyone done this program? I'm going to be reading more up on it and will probably order the book today since the reviews on Amazon are just about 5 out of 5 stars. Hoping it's as great a find as New Rules was.
    Last edited by IronPeach_79; 09-18-2010 at 01:57 PM.

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know lots of folks who have done that program. I haven't heard any bad things about it but also it doesn't make the top 2-3 programs that people tend to love either. That is really all I know about it. You might try talking to some people over on the JP Fitness board because that is where there are quite a few who have tried it. Do a search first.

Congrats btw on your new program. It is actually more exciting to me to find a program that fits than clothing.

IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks! I'd looked at other programs such as 5x5 programs, Female Body Breakthrough, and the original New Rules, but this one seemed not as intense as a 5x5, FBB just didn't seem right for me, and the original was a snap judgement thinking it would be too similar to the Women's program. Maybe I'm wrong...need to do some more research on that one

I'll do some more looking into other's opinions about this program but there's something about it that give me that "this is it" feeling. The Women's New Rules was my first program I did that I didn't write out myself. I'm not a bad writer...for other people LOL...but for myself, I realize important (hated) exercises that are crucial to a great program are left out.

I have 1 week left of New Rules and am still at a loss about where to go and what's going to be right for me. I can buy myself a few weeks so really I don't need "It" for probably 4 weeks.

kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IronPeach_79 View Post
    Thanks! I'd looked at other programs such as 5x5 programs, Female Body Breakthrough, and the original New Rules, but this one seemed not as intense as a 5x5, FBB just didn't seem right for me, and the original was a snap judgement thinking it would be too similar to the Women's program. Maybe I'm wrong...need to do some more research on that one

I'll do some more looking into other's opinions about this program but there's something about it that give me that "this is it" feeling. The Women's New Rules was my first program I did that I didn't write out myself. I'm not a bad writer...for other people LOL...but for myself, I realize important (hated) exercises that are crucial to a great program are left out.

I have 1 week left of New Rules and am still at a loss about where to go and what's going to be right for me. I can buy myself a few weeks so really I don't need "It" for probably 4 weeks.
    New Rules (the man version) is VASTLY different than the woman version wrt the workouts. Not the exercises but how the programs are designed. I think you would like it better now that you have done a program. That said, one of my all time favorite programs is 5/3/1 as it has so much flexibility in it. It is a strength program though. NROL is designed to allow you to go through different objectives and it uses some cool periodization. If you want to do hypertrophy (for example) there is a period of time you do that. It will take you through the different phases of fat loss, hypertrophy and strength and is designed to be done in a year. That is why I picked it for my needs. As an athlete, I need to have different goals throughout the year and different workouts as a result. You may invest in a couple of different books if you can find the money and work through all of them just for fun.

snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snoozer08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just thought I'd chime in on the original NROL. A few weeks in and I'm loving in......and hating it for the way its kicking my @ss. After spinning my wheels for a couple years writing my own "programs" (which suspiciously were full of my favorite exercises too ) I looked at NROL, NROLFW, and Built for Show. The decision maker for me was the flexibility w/ NROL to choose which goal I want to focus on and when. Ahhhh....what a relief to not have to stress over planning my workouts!

Whatever you decide to do keep us posted on your results and good luck!

I did not order the book...I wouldn't mind finding it at the library so I can at least get the workouts from it. I really don't need the chapter in the back about how what you should wear if your guy to get laid LOL.

What attracted me what the periodization from it so if the Original is more than a hypertrophy program (which I'm going to be looking for but I wanted a cutting program to follow as well) then I'll give it a closer look. I literally saw Hypertrophy and was turned off because I thought it was the whole book...I told you it was a snap judgment!

Thanks for the input and I do hope to build up a collection of books over time

Originally Posted by IronPeach_79 View Post
    I did not order the book...I wouldn't mind finding it at the library so I can at least get the workouts from it. I really don't need the chapter in the back about how what you should wear if your guy to get laid LOL.

What attracted me what the periodization from it so if the Original is more than a hypertrophy program (which I'm going to be looking for but I wanted a cutting program to follow as well) then I'll give it a closer look. I literally saw Hypertrophy and was turned off because I thought it was the whole book...I told you it was a snap judgment!

Thanks for the input and I do hope to build up a collection of books over time
    I read NROL cover to cover in Barnes and Noble one day. LOL!!

Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    I did this when I found NROL4W. Ha ha. And I still bought it.
    If you aren't willing to work for it, you probably don't deserve it. Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation, and if you aren't ready to lead or follow you had better be ready to get the hell out of the way.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127157663&page=22

Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    You just gave me something to do this week after my workout and before the kids get out of school.

I went by the library today to see if maybe they had the Original New Rule and much to my surprise they did! So I have the book in my possession as I type Thanks again for the advice...I wish there was a thumbs up icon.