dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tip: Don't get cortisone shots during cold/flu season

I'm never sick. Last week I got a cortisone shot in my left shoulder for my DCO. It turns out that cortisone inhibits your immune system and now I'm sick as a dog!

Damn DCO!!!!
    Professional Fitness Trainer
    MS, NASM, NFPT

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Very unlikely a local corticosteroid injection would have any impact on the immune system. Immunosuppresion only occurs when people like systemic steroids for a long time.

Your cold is probably just a coincidence.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I imagine the steroid shot can result in some systemic steroid effects that include depressed immune system. This would be easy to tell if someone had rash / allergies, and whether those cleared up temporarily.

I don't know what DCO is, but you probably should avoid steroid shots, as they can weaken connective tissue.

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by paul0616 View Post
    I imagine the steroid shot can result in some systemic steroid effects that include depressed immune system. This would be easy to tell if someone had rash / allergies, and whether those cleared up temporarily.

I don't know what DCO is, but you probably should avoid steroid shots, as they can weaken connective tissue.
    He had an intra-articular corticosteroid injection - unlikely to have systemic effects like I said.

Also, steroids only cause connective tissue weakening if they are constantly applied locally for a long period of time, one shot won't do anything - the benefits far outweigh the risks, so stop telling people to avoid them please. If they are under the supervision of a doctor, corticosteroids are perfectly safe.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seems has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Corticosteroids suppresses you immune system and hence chances of getting infection is high. So dont take those shots in flu season
    Check out my progress and how I went from 157lbs to 191lbs in 9 months..

http://www.vincedelmontefitness.org

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^^ Do you not read the thread before you post in it? He had ONE intra-articular injection, which means it was very short-term LOCAL therapy. Had he been taking higher dose oral corticosteroids for a while, then you may consider immunosuppressive effects.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7069091