Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mylerfitness View Post
    Hey there sorry for my late reply I was teaching at a Career College and I taught the NASM Program I really havent heard anything bad about NASM here isn Dallas every gym will hire you on the spot if you have that cert let along their CES and PES but heck you never know? I am in the middle of trying to get a job with NHE it really seems like a great company I hope it works out I would love to speak to someone that is or has worked for NHE
    It seems that every newbie double posts? I'll repost on your other one too.

Anyways, in my opinion, the only thing that makes a company 'great' is their ability to consistently follow through on their mission statement and the manner in which they treat their employees. Every post I've read validates each of these and so they seem to be in par with the great ones. In any case, you're going to find disgruntled employees if you look hard enough. They seem to come out of the wood work in an effort to disrespect their former employer. It's all bull**** anyway. It doesn't matter what one person says about anything. You have to step back and see what the deal is and make your own judgment, which it appears you have already done.
    NHE doesn't hire pretenders or people who have the 'widely accepted credentials', just because they possess one, that's what I've come to understand. For example, you can graduate from the top high school in the country but you still have to apply and get accepted to go to Harvard. You say that any gym would hire a NASM cert holder on the spot, but that is ridiculous. Anyone can pass the NASM exam, with sufficient prep time and it says nothing about who they are as a person in terms of their dependability, their character, their ambitions and how they treat the people they work with. I know NASM trainers that I wouldn't hire to train my dog.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

fzeciri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is a bit of an old thread but I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some assistance. Just a quick bit of info, my wife got an email to apply for an NHE mentor position. We did a lot of research on it and decided to both go ahead and apply. She has a degree in nutritional sciences and use to be a PT, I on the other hand grew up in the luxurious (haha right...) restaurant industry but have always been athletic, playing soccer in college, training in martial arts all my life, leading a couple of fitness boot camps etc...

Anyway, we're looking at our study guides right now, my wife takes her test this Saturday 7/21/2012, and I take mine the following Saturday (I need much more time studying than she does). I'm just going through it and I was wondering - for an example - will I need to know the function of all the amino acids to be able to pass this exam? I went to school for engineering and business, not medicine so all these big names are much more confusing to me than they are for my wife. They make sense, but actually remembering the names is seeming next to impossible for me. If anyone can chime in on some example of how in depth I'll need to know each vitamin, amino acid, minerals, herbs, dietary sources etc... I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Any positive input helps. Thanks guys.

Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It depends on the exam because they have several different ones I think. If you study the guide and read it all, it perfectly matches the exam and so you should be fine. Their exams have so many different formats it would be impossible for one trainer to tell you about your exam because they might not be the same exam. Good luck though, everyone talks about how advanced their exams are so you will be the man if you get certified by NHE. So many people fail the NHE exam but maybe it's because they didn't study hard enough, if they even studied for it at all.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.

fzeciri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My wife is taking it right now and she has about 40 minutes left, it seems the biggest issue for her is the amount of time to take the test. And she knows her stuff because I quizzed her before she even looked at the study guide and she had an answer for everything I asked. Good luck to me... haha

Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Briiiiliantmate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fzeciri View Post
    My wife is taking it right now and she has about 40 minutes left, it seems the biggest issue for her is the amount of time to take the test. And she knows her stuff because I quizzed her before she even looked at the study guide and she had an answer for everything I asked. Good luck to me... haha
    They NHE exam is very challenging, especially their master trainer exam. If you guys fail it, don't despair because many have. It's like the bar exam for fitness trainers. Sixty percent of law school graduates fail the bar their first time and they just got off of a three year law course!

Anyway good luck.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.

Dydees has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Seems like a scam

After being aggressively recruited by NHE, and I mean multiple emails per day, I finally thought I'd look into the company. They require you to take the master trainer exam as a part of the hiring process and highly recommend you buy their study guide. For $200, the study guide is terrible. It seems like blurbs copied off Wikipedia. The exam is organized in a really odd way and the study guide doesn't help you study with worksheets or anything. The information it asks is easy, but you really don't get enough time. On average, you get 45 seconds per question. There are quite a few short answer and essay questions. It's difficult to properly write an essay in 45 seconds!

The most noteworthy part is that everyone I have spoken with at the organization is very rude. Um, they are recruiting ME! I've got a masters degree in kinesiology and both nasm & acsm certs. In comparison, I'm not impressed. I've not heard of any gyms or coaching gigs looking at this cert as preferrential. Based on my experience, I'd save your money! In the end, I am still not sure if this is a real company or some sort of scam.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dydees View Post
    After being aggressively recruited by NHE, and I mean multiple emails per day, I finally thought I'd look into the company. They require you to take the master trainer exam as a part of the hiring process and highly recommend you buy their study guide. For $200, the study guide is terrible. It seems like blurbs copied off Wikipedia. The exam is organized in a really odd way and the study guide doesn't help you study with worksheets or anything. The information it asks is easy, but you really don't get enough time. On average, you get 45 seconds per question. There are quite a few short answer and essay questions. It's difficult to properly write an essay in 45 seconds!

The most noteworthy part is that everyone I have spoken with at the organization is very rude. Um, they are recruiting ME! I've got a masters degree in kinesiology and both nasm & acsm certs. In comparison, I'm not impressed. I've not heard of any gyms or coaching gigs looking at this cert as preferrential. Based on my experience, I'd save your money! In the end, I am still not sure if this is a real company or some sort of scam.
    I know the email you are referring to. Anyone can sign you up on their site to receive that email notification. It doesn't mean that NHE is trying to recruit you. The notification states that someone has recommended you. It also asks you to opt out of it at the bottom the moment after reading it. There are three ways to do so, that's how bad they want your address removed from their system. You apparently didn't do that, but you can't assume this is an active recruitment part on them, that's not remotely the truth. You are simply on a list that sends that notification out automatically. Don't exaggerate as though they are 'aggressively' recruiting you. Also, the exam is designed to weed out pretenders. If you have a masters degree and two certs, you should have had the confidence to take the exam without using a study guide. The fact that you bought one says everything about your confidence level. The last thing I'll say.... because it really bothers me when the sole purpose for someone joining a site is just to try and rant about bull**** and even after they join they don't bother to explore the site and participate in any other conversation.... is NHE doesn't 'highly recommend' you get a study guide. That's is a bunch of crap. From what I've read, they couldn't care less. Before you can take the exam you sign a form that states you have not been asked or talked into purchasing anything. The form posted online too.

Found these for you:

http://www.linkedin.com/answers/heal...1432-179262508

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Nat...ws-E505885.htm

Don't join forums just to rant. If you are a true fitness professional, help some of the newbies out. People need real help with ideas and programs, they don't join to read a bunch of whining.

breahkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nhe mtc exam

i know this thread is a little old, but I am going to be taking the NHE MTC exam very soon. I have a question about there format of one of there questions; on there website they show an example question:
    For this section:
    A) Identify four (4) concerns relating to fitness or overall health.
    B) Identify three (3) unique (not duplicated from a previous answer) consequences if concerns are ignored.
    C) Provide sound, professional, nutritional advice pertaining to.

osteoporosis:

I am just a little confused on what they want to see for the concerns, do they want what needs to be controlled (like diet, exercise) so that the concerns dont turn into the consequences, or do they want to see what osteoporosis will do to the body (make bones fragile..) ?

Thanks for any help!

zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    These people are not stupid. They have created revolutionary, 21st century programs that are essentially impossible to gain an advantage on. They have multiple exams, multiple study materials, their proctor centers have different protocols that change every month, hybrid algorithms in their administration codes and so on. The search for online assistance will prove futile. I’ve heard that they even have different exam instructions even for the exact same exam topics. Notice how you can’t find one single NHE study guide or exam online, although they have sold thousands of them. There are dozens of people online warning about fake NHE study guides because there are no real ones to be found. There are tons of NHE scams out there relating to their programs and how people try to get a third party one and got hosed by some scam site. On the other hand, you can get an ACE manual on eBay for a fraction of the cost and ACE can’t do anything to stop it.
    Blood DIEmonds are not forever.

Brodm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

NHE Communication

Hey Everyone,
    Just thought I would share some correspondence with NHE (Last names withheld):

Brad *
    1:31 PM (19 hours ago)
    to Anthony
    Mr. *,
    Could you please give me a call?
    Thank you,
    Brad *
    Anthony (NHE)
    2:16 PM (18 hours ago)
    to me
    Brad,
    What is your question?
    Anthony
    NHE- Director of International Development
    Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:31 PM
    Brad
    3:12 PM (17 hours ago)
    to Anthony
    What does the PFMS position entail, how are the work days broken up, are there any benefits offered by the company, can one go from part time to full time? These are just a few of the questions I have. I felt they would be better discussed over the phone.
    (NHE)
    5:07 PM (15 hours ago)
    to me
    Brad,
    We are at the final stages of recruitment and you are now asking about the PFMS position details? This is absolutely unbelievable. I instructed you to read the job description, although this is not something that needs to be instructed. In addition to the fact that you have had plenty of time to research the position online and ask questions prior to the initial stages.
    Effective immediately, I am withdrawing my interest in your candidacy. To continue forward would be ridiculous, to say the least. I refuse to waste anymore time with your candidacy.
    NHE- Director of International Development
    Last edited by Brodm; 08-29-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    I know the email you are referring to. Anyone can sign you up on their site to receive that email notification. It doesn't mean that NHE is trying to recruit you. The notification states that someone has recommended you. It also asks you to opt out of it at the bottom the moment after reading it. There are three ways to do so, that's how bad they want your address removed from their system. You apparently didn't do that, but you can't assume this is an active recruitment part on them, that's not remotely the truth. You are simply on a list that sends that notification out automatically. Don't exaggerate as though they are 'aggressively' recruiting you. Also, the exam is designed to weed out pretenders. If you have a masters degree and two certs, you should have had the confidence to take the exam without using a study guide. The fact that you bought one says everything about your confidence level. The last thing I'll say.... because it really bothers me when the sole purpose for someone joining a site is just to try and rant about bull**** and even after they join they don't bother to explore the site and participate in any other conversation.... is NHE doesn't 'highly recommend' you get a study guide. That's is a bunch of crap. From what I've read, they couldn't care less. Before you can take the exam you sign a form that states you have not been asked or talked into purchasing anything. The form posted online too.

Found these for you:

Don't join forums just to rant. If you are a true fitness professional, help some of the newbies out. People need real help with ideas and programs, they don't join to read a bunch of whining.
    Ronin, I agree with everything you say including all of the comments about bull****.
    Facts only folks.

You agree with me yet you did exactly what everyone hates. You fell in love with the company, they rejected you because you were clueless and then you went online searching for threads to post in. You post a bunch of dialogue that could be all made up to make yourself feel better because you think it will detract people once they read it, hence 'mission accomplished'. You are an idiot. Don't waste your time arguing and crying about how mean I am to you, unless you have something to contribute to those who come here looking for real help, just go away.

You agree with me yet you did exactly what everyone hates. You fell in love with the company, they rejected you because you were clueless and then you went online searching for threads to post in. You post a bunch of dialogue that could be all made up to make yourself feel better because you think it will detract people once they read it, hence 'mission accomplished'. You are an idiot. Don't waste your time arguing and crying about how mean I am to you, unless you have something to contribute to those who come here looking for real help, just go away.
    No problem, just facts.
    I also wasn't crying about anything.

Joining a forum to post what you did is the purest form of crying online.

it doesn't matter. No one cares.

AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you are interested in NHE I highly recommend reading this scam.com/showthread.php?124796-NHE-Certification-Scam/page19. It was quite the eye-opener. You can tell who may work NHE employees are and Mike Hestler brings up a lot of information. It get's pretty ugly, but I think it's worthwhile.

Originally Posted by AzzurriBlue7 View Post
    If you are interested in NHE I highly recommend reading this scam.com/showthread.php?124796-NHE-Certification-Scam/page19. It was quite the eye-opener. You can tell who may work NHE employees are and Mike Hestler brings up a lot of information. It get's pretty ugly, but I think it's worthwhile.
    Read it. He posts several posts under different names. He failed the exam and wants payback. The guy is a troll just like you.

This post is almost ten years old and you come here to tell us about another post almost as old? You want us to go to a specific page? Because it makes you feel better about failing the exam? No one cares.

AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AzzurriBlue7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dunno buddy. If I was emailed by a company for a job that I had never heard of and the first sites that come up on google searches are scam sites that would raise an alarm. What can I say, I do my research.

Research? If you knew anything about them you wouldn't even bother coming to this site. Coming here is like going to Yelp to warn about Sysco. NHE is a B2B. They don't sell to trainers like NASM or ACE. In fact, their certs are not under NHE. They assume the name of the affiliate for which the program is designed. People have house certs and don't even know they are NHE certs because their called Gold's or Powerhouse certs. Besides, we all have Google and the first sites that pull up are IDEA and GlassDoor. The OP of the site you referred talks about fake study guides. It is then hijacked by a troll like yourself.

Go troll somewhere else.

Research? If you knew anything about them you wouldn't even bother coming to this site. Coming here is like going to Yelp to warn about Sysco. NHE is a B2B. They don't sell to trainers like NASM or ACE. In fact, their certs are not under NHE. They assume the name of the affiliate for which the program is designed. People have house certs and don't even know they are NHE certs because their called Gold's or Powerhouse certs. Besides, we all have Google and the first sites that pull up are IDEA and GlassDoor. The OP of the site you referred talks about fake study guides. It is then hijacked by a troll like yourself.

Go troll somewhere else.
    I get it friend. You are deeply vested in the success of the company you work for. I mean, anyone would be From what I've seen on the message boards you are here to promote NHE . It pays the bills. But I would think that from the info I have gathered from all of the websites that the top tier trainers you are looking for would go through the same process of looking at all opinions of the company objectively. The pro-NHE folks on that scam board weren't really doing them selves any favors by posting the other gentelman's personal information etc. They were also using multiple accounts and the one woman could not prove she was a chiropractor. The company has been around for 8-10 years so I would think there would be some sort of business growth if the company was successful. I really can't find any information regarding that. If anything the employee turnover ratio is 0 because the number of employees has been 11-50 based on which site you go to and the date the information was posted. Like I said I looked at this objectively and took all accounts into consideration. I'm can only assume that in the future prospective employees with go about the same inquisitory process as I have. Good luck to you and your company!

Originally Posted by AzzurriBlue7 View Post
    I get it friend. You are deeply vested in the success of the company you work for. I mean, anyone would be From what I've seen on the message boards you are here to promote NHE . It pays the bills. But I would think that from the info I have gathered from all of the websites that the top tier trainers you are looking for would go through the same process of looking at all opinions of the company objectively. The pro-NHE folks on that scam board weren't really doing them selves any favors by posting the other gentelman's personal information etc. They were also using multiple accounts and the one woman could not prove she was a chiropractor. The company has been around for 8-10 years so I would think there would be some sort of business growth if the company was successful. I really can't find any information regarding that. If anything the employee turnover ratio is 0 because the number of employees has been 11-50 based on which site you go to and the date the information was posted. Like I said I looked at this objectively and took all accounts into consideration. I'm can only assume that in the future prospective employees with go about the same inquisitory process as I have. Good luck to you and your company!
    Go to the Personal Trainer section of this forum. You will see that I respond to each and every post... when I can. You are wasting your time here. No one cares. The reason no one cares is because that company is unrelated to independent personal trainers. The idiots on the site you keep referring to (both the pros and the cons) wasted their time too. While they were spending their evenings arguing, the company was re-inventing itself to the point that made all of their points moot. You are doing the same thing.