Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

    The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 91 to 104 of 104
  1. #91
    Registered User Ronin4help's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Age: 39
    Posts: 874
    Rep Power: 146
    Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Ronin4help's BodySpace
    Ronin4help is offline
    Originally Posted by mylerfitness View Post
    Hey there sorry for my late reply I was teaching at a Career College and I taught the NASM Program I really havent heard anything bad about NASM here isn Dallas every gym will hire you on the spot if you have that cert let along their CES and PES but heck you never know? I am in the middle of trying to get a job with NHE it really seems like a great company I hope it works out I would love to speak to someone that is or has worked for NHE
    It seems that every newbie double posts? I'll repost on your other one too.

    Anyways, in my opinion, the only thing that makes a company 'great' is their ability to consistently follow through on their mission statement and the manner in which they treat their employees. Every post I've read validates each of these and so they seem to be in par with the great ones. In any case, you're going to find disgruntled employees if you look hard enough. They seem to come out of the wood work in an effort to disrespect their former employer. It's all bull**** anyway. It doesn't matter what one person says about anything. You have to step back and see what the deal is and make your own judgment, which it appears you have already done.
    NHE doesn't hire pretenders or people who have the 'widely accepted credentials', just because they possess one, that's what I've come to understand. For example, you can graduate from the top high school in the country but you still have to apply and get accepted to go to Harvard. You say that any gym would hire a NASM cert holder on the spot, but that is ridiculous. Anyone can pass the NASM exam, with sufficient prep time and it says nothing about who they are as a person in terms of their dependability, their character, their ambitions and how they treat the people they work with. I know NASM trainers that I wouldn't hire to train my dog.
    Bodybuilding is an individual sport, so don't thrive to look like somebody else.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #92
    Registered User fzeciri's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    fzeciri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fzeciri is offline
    I know this is a bit of an old thread but I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some assistance. Just a quick bit of info, my wife got an email to apply for an NHE mentor position. We did a lot of research on it and decided to both go ahead and apply. She has a degree in nutritional sciences and use to be a PT, I on the other hand grew up in the luxurious (haha right...) restaurant industry but have always been athletic, playing soccer in college, training in martial arts all my life, leading a couple of fitness boot camps etc...

    Anyway, we're looking at our study guides right now, my wife takes her test this Saturday 7/21/2012, and I take mine the following Saturday (I need much more time studying than she does). I'm just going through it and I was wondering - for an example - will I need to know the function of all the amino acids to be able to pass this exam? I went to school for engineering and business, not medicine so all these big names are much more confusing to me than they are for my wife. They make sense, but actually remembering the names is seeming next to impossible for me. If anyone can chime in on some example of how in depth I'll need to know each vitamin, amino acid, minerals, herbs, dietary sources etc... I'd REALLY appreciate it.

    Any positive input helps. Thanks guys.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #93
    Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Age: 33
    Posts: 162
    Rep Power: 11
    Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Briiiiliantmate's BodySpace
    Briiiiliantmate is offline
    It depends on the exam because they have several different ones I think. If you study the guide and read it all, it perfectly matches the exam and so you should be fine. Their exams have so many different formats it would be impossible for one trainer to tell you about your exam because they might not be the same exam. Good luck though, everyone talks about how advanced their exams are so you will be the man if you get certified by NHE. So many people fail the NHE exam but maybe it's because they didn't study hard enough, if they even studied for it at all.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #94
    Registered User fzeciri's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    fzeciri is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    fzeciri is offline
    My wife is taking it right now and she has about 40 minutes left, it seems the biggest issue for her is the amount of time to take the test. And she knows her stuff because I quizzed her before she even looked at the study guide and she had an answer for everything I asked. Good luck to me... haha
    Reply With Quote

  5. #95
    Registered User Briiiiliantmate's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Age: 33
    Posts: 162
    Rep Power: 11
    Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000) Briiiiliantmate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit Briiiiliantmate's BodySpace
    Briiiiliantmate is offline
    Originally Posted by fzeciri View Post
    My wife is taking it right now and she has about 40 minutes left, it seems the biggest issue for her is the amount of time to take the test. And she knows her stuff because I quizzed her before she even looked at the study guide and she had an answer for everything I asked. Good luck to me... haha
    They NHE exam is very challenging, especially their master trainer exam. If you guys fail it, don't despair because many have. It's like the bar exam for fitness trainers. Sixty percent of law school graduates fail the bar their first time and they just got off of a three year law course!

    Anyway good luck.
    'Real beauty is what's inside.' You know you are ugly if someone tells you this.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #96
    Registered User Dydees's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Stats: 5'6", 125 lbs
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    Dydees is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Dydees's BodySpace
    Dydees is offline

    Seems like a scam

    After being aggressively recruited by NHE, and I mean multiple emails per day, I finally thought I'd look into the company. They require you to take the master trainer exam as a part of the hiring process and highly recommend you buy their study guide. For $200, the study guide is terrible. It seems like blurbs copied off Wikipedia. The exam is organized in a really odd way and the study guide doesn't help you study with worksheets or anything. The information it asks is easy, but you really don't get enough time. On average, you get 45 seconds per question. There are quite a few short answer and essay questions. It's difficult to properly write an essay in 45 seconds!

    The most noteworthy part is that everyone I have spoken with at the organization is very rude. Um, they are recruiting ME! I've got a masters degree in kinesiology and both nasm & acsm certs. In comparison, I'm not impressed. I've not heard of any gyms or coaching gigs looking at this cert as preferrential. Based on my experience, I'd save your money! In the end, I am still not sure if this is a real company or some sort of scam.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #97
    Registered User Ronin4help's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Age: 39
    Posts: 874
    Rep Power: 146
    Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Ronin4help's BodySpace
    Ronin4help is offline
    Originally Posted by Dydees View Post
    After being aggressively recruited by NHE, and I mean multiple emails per day, I finally thought I'd look into the company. They require you to take the master trainer exam as a part of the hiring process and highly recommend you buy their study guide. For $200, the study guide is terrible. It seems like blurbs copied off Wikipedia. The exam is organized in a really odd way and the study guide doesn't help you study with worksheets or anything. The information it asks is easy, but you really don't get enough time. On average, you get 45 seconds per question. There are quite a few short answer and essay questions. It's difficult to properly write an essay in 45 seconds!

    The most noteworthy part is that everyone I have spoken with at the organization is very rude. Um, they are recruiting ME! I've got a masters degree in kinesiology and both nasm & acsm certs. In comparison, I'm not impressed. I've not heard of any gyms or coaching gigs looking at this cert as preferrential. Based on my experience, I'd save your money! In the end, I am still not sure if this is a real company or some sort of scam.
    I know the email you are referring to. Anyone can sign you up on their site to receive that email notification. It doesn't mean that NHE is trying to recruit you. The notification states that someone has recommended you. It also asks you to opt out of it at the bottom the moment after reading it. There are three ways to do so, that's how bad they want your address removed from their system. You apparently didn't do that, but you can't assume this is an active recruitment part on them, that's not remotely the truth. You are simply on a list that sends that notification out automatically. Don't exaggerate as though they are 'aggressively' recruiting you. Also, the exam is designed to weed out pretenders. If you have a masters degree and two certs, you should have had the confidence to take the exam without using a study guide. The fact that you bought one says everything about your confidence level. The last thing I'll say.... because it really bothers me when the sole purpose for someone joining a site is just to try and rant about bull**** and even after they join they don't bother to explore the site and participate in any other conversation.... is NHE doesn't 'highly recommend' you get a study guide. That's is a bunch of crap. From what I've read, they couldn't care less. Before you can take the exam you sign a form that states you have not been asked or talked into purchasing anything. The form posted online too.

    Found these for you:

    http://www.linkedin.com/answers/heal...1432-179262508

    http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Nat...ws-E505885.htm

    Don't join forums just to rant. If you are a true fitness professional, help some of the newbies out. People need real help with ideas and programs, they don't join to read a bunch of whining.
    Bodybuilding is an individual sport, so don't thrive to look like somebody else.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #98
    Registered User breahkay's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Castro Valley, California, United States
    Age: 26
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    breahkay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit breahkay's BodySpace
    breahkay is offline

    Nhe mtc exam

    i know this thread is a little old, but I am going to be taking the NHE MTC exam very soon. I have a question about there format of one of there questions; on there website they show an example question:
    For this section:
    A) Identify four (4) concerns relating to fitness or overall health.
    B) Identify three (3) unique (not duplicated from a previous answer) consequences if concerns are ignored.
    C) Provide sound, professional, nutritional advice pertaining to.

    osteoporosis:


    I am just a little confused on what they want to see for the concerns, do they want what needs to be controlled (like diet, exercise) so that the concerns dont turn into the consequences, or do they want to see what osteoporosis will do to the body (make bones fragile..) ?

    Thanks for any help!
    Reply With Quote

  9. #99
    Sexdecillion zalesguy's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Age: 27
    Posts: 218
    BodyPoints: 60
    Rep Power: 18
    zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zalesguy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit zalesguy's BodySpace
    zalesguy is offline
    These people are not stupid. They have created revolutionary, 21st century programs that are essentially impossible to gain an advantage on. They have multiple exams, multiple study materials, their proctor centers have different protocols that change every month, hybrid algorithms in their administration codes and so on. The search for online assistance will prove futile. I’ve heard that they even have different exam instructions even for the exact same exam topics. Notice how you can’t find one single NHE study guide or exam online, although they have sold thousands of them. There are dozens of people online warning about fake NHE study guides because there are no real ones to be found. There are tons of NHE scams out there relating to their programs and how people try to get a third party one and got hosed by some scam site. On the other hand, you can get an ACE manual on eBay for a fraction of the cost and ACE can’t do anything to stop it.
    Blood DIEmonds are not forever.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #100
    Registered User Brodm's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    Brodm is not very well liked. (-100)
    Brodm is offline

    NHE Communication

    Hey Everyone,
    Just thought I would share some correspondence with NHE (Last names withheld):

    Brad *
    1:31 PM (19 hours ago)
    to Anthony
    Mr. *,
    Could you please give me a call?
    Thank you,
    Brad *
    Anthony (NHE)
    2:16 PM (18 hours ago)
    to me
    Brad,
    What is your question?
    Anthony
    NHE- Director of International Development
    Contact:
    From: Brad
    Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:31 PM
    Brad
    3:12 PM (17 hours ago)
    to Anthony
    What does the PFMS position entail, how are the work days broken up, are there any benefits offered by the company, can one go from part time to full time? These are just a few of the questions I have. I felt they would be better discussed over the phone.
    (NHE)
    5:07 PM (15 hours ago)
    to me
    Brad,
    We are at the final stages of recruitment and you are now asking about the PFMS position details? This is absolutely unbelievable. I instructed you to read the job description, although this is not something that needs to be instructed. In addition to the fact that you have had plenty of time to research the position online and ask questions prior to the initial stages.
    Effective immediately, I am withdrawing my interest in your candidacy. To continue forward would be ridiculous, to say the least. I refuse to waste anymore time with your candidacy.
    NHE- Director of International Development
    Contact:
    Last edited by Brodm; 08-29-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #101
    Registered User Brodm's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    Brodm is not very well liked. (-100)
    Brodm is offline
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    I know the email you are referring to. Anyone can sign you up on their site to receive that email notification. It doesn't mean that NHE is trying to recruit you. The notification states that someone has recommended you. It also asks you to opt out of it at the bottom the moment after reading it. There are three ways to do so, that's how bad they want your address removed from their system. You apparently didn't do that, but you can't assume this is an active recruitment part on them, that's not remotely the truth. You are simply on a list that sends that notification out automatically. Don't exaggerate as though they are 'aggressively' recruiting you. Also, the exam is designed to weed out pretenders. If you have a masters degree and two certs, you should have had the confidence to take the exam without using a study guide. The fact that you bought one says everything about your confidence level. The last thing I'll say.... because it really bothers me when the sole purpose for someone joining a site is just to try and rant about bull**** and even after they join they don't bother to explore the site and participate in any other conversation.... is NHE doesn't 'highly recommend' you get a study guide. That's is a bunch of crap. From what I've read, they couldn't care less. Before you can take the exam you sign a form that states you have not been asked or talked into purchasing anything. The form posted online too.

    Found these for you:



    Don't join forums just to rant. If you are a true fitness professional, help some of the newbies out. People need real help with ideas and programs, they don't join to read a bunch of whining.
    Ronin, I agree with everything you say including all of the comments about bull****.
    Facts only folks.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #102
    Registered User Ronin4help's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Age: 39
    Posts: 874
    Rep Power: 146
    Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Ronin4help's BodySpace
    Ronin4help is offline
    You agree with me yet you did exactly what everyone hates. You fell in love with the company, they rejected you because you were clueless and then you went online searching for threads to post in. You post a bunch of dialogue that could be all made up to make yourself feel better because you think it will detract people once they read it, hence 'mission accomplished'. You are an idiot. Don't waste your time arguing and crying about how mean I am to you, unless you have something to contribute to those who come here looking for real help, just go away.
    Bodybuilding is an individual sport, so don't thrive to look like somebody else.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #103
    Registered User Brodm's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Posts: 3
    Rep Power: 0
    Brodm is not very well liked. (-100)
    Brodm is offline
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    You agree with me yet you did exactly what everyone hates. You fell in love with the company, they rejected you because you were clueless and then you went online searching for threads to post in. You post a bunch of dialogue that could be all made up to make yourself feel better because you think it will detract people once they read it, hence 'mission accomplished'. You are an idiot. Don't waste your time arguing and crying about how mean I am to you, unless you have something to contribute to those who come here looking for real help, just go away.
    No problem, just facts.
    I also wasn't crying about anything.
    Reply With Quote

  14. #104
    Registered User Ronin4help's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2006
    Location: United States
    Age: 39
    Posts: 874
    Rep Power: 146
    Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ronin4help has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Ronin4help's BodySpace
    Ronin4help is offline
    Joining a forum to post what you did is the purest form of crying online.

    it doesn't matter. No one cares.
    Bodybuilding is an individual sport, so don't thrive to look like somebody else.
    Reply With Quote

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Home Store Products Careers Help Contact Us Terms of Use Checkout