Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    alright then i'm an all around athlete

boxing takes hand speed not running speed, how you move your arm faster with strength

soccer don't take much strength

baseball don't take strength or endurance

football don't take much endurence

basketball don't take much strength

don't repost
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right

-T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by p0w3rlift3r
    alright then i'm an all around athlete

boxing takes hand speed not running speed, how you move your arm faster with strength

soccer don't take much strength

baseball don't take strength or endurance

football don't take much endurence

basketball don't take much strength
    boxing: ok , fair enough....but for some people....running speed is important so you can run away from your opponant! (J/K!)

soccer: you were the one who just made the strength-speed correlation....plus you need leg strength to jump and for speed bursts

baseball: you need strength for speed bursts and jumping...as well as large amounts of force created when swinging

football: this is hard to group as a sport....but....lineman...no not much endurance needed....all other positions...yes...endurance is needed

basketball: jumping and speed bursts requuire strength
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 260

All time personal best's:
    Bench: 335 x1(raw)
    Squat: 435x3 (belt)
    Deadlift: 435x3 (belt,straps)
    Power Clean: 250x3(belt, straps)

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by -T-
    Ping pong is a sport. The competitors in ping pong usually don't even train any of the three...they only train their technique co-ordination.
    Does that not make them an athlete?

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by -T-
    boxing: ok , fair enough....but for some people....running speed is important so you can run away from your opponant! (J/K!)

soccer: you were the one who just made the strength-speed correlation....plus you need leg strength to jump and for speed bursts

baseball: you need strength for speed bursts and jumping...as well as large amounts of force created when swinging

football: this is hard to group as a sport....but....lineman...no not much endurance needed....all other positions...yes...endurance is needed

basketball: jumping and speed bursts requuire strength

Lineman need endurance, 2 different forms of endurance.. there is anaerobic and aerobic endurance (speed/strength endurance, Cardiovascular endurance) you'll find that ALL postions will need speed/strength endurance rather then cardiovascular endurance. Your not running a 4k your running 100yrs at most, plus 25-45sec rest inbtween.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

-T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by FortifiedIron
    Does that not make them an athlete?

Kc
    I guess you could call then techical-athletes.

Originally posted by FortifiedIron
    Lineman need endurance, 2 different forms of endurance.. there is anaerobic and aerobic endurance (speed/strength endurance, Cardiovascular endurance) you'll find that ALL postions will need speed/strength endurance rather then cardiovascular endurance. Your not running a 4k your running 100yrs at most, plus 25-45sec rest inbtween.

Kc
    Endurance is continuous movement for a long amount of time...no rests inbetween.

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by -T-
    Endurance is continuous movement for a long amount of time...no rests inbetween.
    then basketball has no endurance factor by that definition
    nor does any position in football

Originally posted by -T-
    Yes but endurance can be broken down like i said. Strength endurance is being able to produce high outputs of strength during a fatigued state.. ie 4th quarter of a football game.

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ::tired sigh::

T is a dumbass. Under his definition of endurance... ONLY runners would qualify... marathon runners to be specific. Christ, open your eyes dude. You're misguided and wrong.

John Henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by bigpoppaproppy
    then basketball has no endurance factor by that definition
    nor does any position in football
    Or baseball, soccer, tennis, hockey, rugby.

Pre-1960s Work Outs FTW! Blashy's Avatar
    Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by DoctorX2k2
    Hugo Girard
    I live in the same town as him. In the summer he lets us go and see him train in the warehouse he has. He just leaves the doors open and you can watch.

Its freaky, he works out with 2 other Strongmen, who are 2-3 in Canada, Hugo being #1 of course.

So far I have to go with Magnus Ver Magnuson, he won it 4 times and 3 straight, came back after an injury and won his 4th.

He won pretty convincingly as well IMHO.

I think if Hugo had not had food poisoning and injured himself, he would probably already be a 2 time Strongman Champion. But that is just speculating.

Oh and Hugo has the classic "gentle giant attitude".

www.hugogirard.com Really nice page with all his results.
    You can live a healthy life without Carbs.

You'll die if you eliminate proteins or fats.

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by -T-
    No i'm not a doctor (obviously)...but since when do you have to be a doctor to take or guesstimate bf%? Maybe in your fantasy world you have to be...
    That's exactly what your entire argument is based upon, "guesstimates" and stereotyped opinions. A nice, solid foundation.
    My fantasy world?? Wake up, Alice.

It proves that alot of PL'ers and WSM competitors are obese! Ya think!?! The second comment was more directed at bigpoppaproppy who was trying to defend WSM and saying that they train and compete in speed and endurance events. In my opinion, WSM is definately a sport, as it powerlifting, and olympic lifting.
    See above. The only thing you've proved is how circular your arguements are. So WSM and PL is a sport now?? Wait, they are athletes? I thought you said they were obese, hence they couldn't be athletes? Your logic is dizzying.

Well you obviously hate on BB'ers. I'm not trying to defend them...but i don't like it when agendas are woven into arguments for unrelated topics. I am not a BB, btw.
    Oh yes, just because I disagree with someone on their ideas or training styles means I "hate" on them. I must have a hidden agenda. Seen any black helicopters lately?
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by -T-
    Oh my...where do i even start?
    How about by making sense for once?

And from there i seemed to get alot of personally bashing from Anteaus and others.
    You must be confusing "refuting illogical, ill-conceived arguments" with "personally bashing." Did I ever call you a name or attack you personally? Uh, no.

- I personally think that WSM and PL'ers who have high levels of BF do not look like athletes, but that doesn't mean they are not athletes.

- I think to be called an athlete you should train all 4 parts of athleticism(speed, strength, endurance, flexability) with equal intensity and you should be somewhat able to compete at any sport with a decent amount of ability. Thus, PL'ers and WSM are not all-around athletes ****IMO****. They deserve their own term...something like "strength-athlete" (which seems apropriate to me because they only train strength but still somewhat posses ability in the other 3 areas).
    Did this make sense to anybody else? I didn't think so. So they are athletes? No wait, they're not? Oh, you have to qualify it with "strength athlete?" Hmmm, Jordan must thus be a "speed-pivot-jump-athlete" since he probably can't squat much over 400 or so.

Too bad all sports aren't exactly alike. Then your argument would make sense.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Originally posted by -T-
    I guess you could call then techical-athletes.
    This thread has now entered the ludicrous zone, where all previous statements must be qualified in order to maintain internal consistency.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Jouko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One word Ignorance! -T- You are ignorant, you dont know much do you? One example, Martin Muhr...........21 stone, 100m dash?????? 11 seconds, oh and he squats 400kgs aswell? If thats not an atlete, what is> ???????????

phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This thread has been a very... entertaining read. But on topic: IMO the strongest man (/athlete) of all time is Jonn Pall Sigmarsson. Four time world strongest man (84, 86, 88, 90). AND a great athlete.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Ok I am retracting all of my statements about what effects bodyfat actually has on athleticism as well as all statements about how you have to train all 3 or 4 (whatever it was we decided on) aspects to be considered an athlete.

I was wrong.

However, i am going to keep my original opinion that people with high levels of bodyfat don't *look* like athletes to me. That is a personal opinion of mine, so i don't see how any decent, intelligent person would personally attack me for an opinion.

Thanks for the arguments and sorry to any of those that i offended!

-T-

Hey no hard feelings! Good discussion... and I'm impressed with your retraction.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Originally posted by -T-
    Ok I am retracting all of my statements about what effects bodyfat actually has on athleticism as well as all statements about how you have to train all 3 or 4 (whatever it was we decided on) aspects to be considered an athlete.

I was wrong.

However, i am going to keep my original opinion that people with high levels of bodyfat don't *look* like athletes to me. That is a personal opinion of mine, so i don't see how any decent, intelligent person would personally attack me for an opinion.

Thanks for the arguments and sorry to any of those that i offended!

-T-
    Go respect in my book

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Dont you just love a happy ending?

--Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Cool

Originally posted by Antaeus
    Hey no hard feelings! Good discussion... and I'm impressed with your retraction.
    bump
    very honorable bro

no offense taken

Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by -T-
    However, i am going to keep my original opinion that people with high levels of bodyfat don't *look* like athletes to me.
    I see what your saying but it depends on the sport. I could see someone with a higher BF than 20 but he still have massive muscle mass. I would call him an athlete, whether it be a PLer, WSM, or BBer. It depends on the sport
    AcetylCoA gets reps

"God your dunce." - Swept

LSU Tigers/Washington Nationals

Originally posted by zackdarnell
    Dont you just love a happy ending?

lol

Kc
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by phreak
    This thread has been a very... entertaining read. But on topic: IMO the strongest man (/athlete) of all time is Jonn Pall Sigmarsson. Four time world strongest man (84, 86, 88, 90). AND a great athlete.
    So did Magnus Ver Mangnuson.

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Blashy
    So did Magnus Ver Mangnuson.
    Good ol' Magnus! Did you know his name means "Great the Greatest!"

keyser solze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well its hard to tell, for arms def...gah cant remmeber his name,, crazy fijian guy that always wore like war paint dont think it was manfred hoerbal but that comes ot mind for some reason?

As far as overall i think either Kaz (he was awesome in his time) or Magnus Ver MAgnussun, my fav. of all time too. Jouko Ahoula was strong for his size but he wasn't all that impressive to me.

Hugo Giard will get better wiht time hes still relatively new but hes got a ****in huge chest..

man thats a hard question....**** thisll have me htinkin for a long time
    the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesnt exist

Originally posted by keyser solze
    Hugo Giard will get better wiht time hes still relatively new but hes got a ****in huge chest..

hell yeah!
    i like him mre and more each time i see him compete
    ****in 70" chest
    unreal

I'm going to see HUGO train this Saturday.

I'll let him know he has some fans here @ BB

BTW, I like last years 2002 WSM: MARIUSZ PUDIANOWSKI (see pic)

He's so cut, it is amazing to see in a strongmen, especially winning the biggest title of them all.
    Attached Images

whoa
    dudee
    if u get me an autograph or an up close pic of him training or summin
    oir better yet pic of him autographing summin

ill pay to have it shipped to me!!

hehe
    seriously

get me a pic or summin

I'll see what I can do for you
    Last edited by Blashy; 04-09-2003 at 01:26 AM.