Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's hard to find that balance between using your body in your punches and not going off-balance. There's a guy I work out with who has the opposite problem. . . all his punches are strictly arm-- no hip or shoulder rotation at all. Yeah he's solidly planted but he hits like a. . . well, nevermind.

So are you going to fight these two guys or no? Will you find a warmup fight first?

Is it hard to find MMA matches? Seems like we have boxing tournaments every weekend around here.

UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
    It's hard to find that balance between using your body in your punches and not going off-balance. There's a guy I work out with who has the opposite problem. . . all his punches are strictly arm-- no hip or shoulder rotation at all. Yeah he's solidly planted but he hits like a. . . well, nevermind.

So are you going to fight these two guys or no? Will you find a warmup fight first?

Is it hard to find MMA matches? Seems like we have boxing tournaments every weekend around here.
    Its actually super easy to find chumps to fight lol... But its hard to get a guy with a good record who will actually excel me in the fight world. I will most likely fight one of these two guys but not without a warmup fight first... I gotta knock off a year of ring rust for sure. I know I could take one of them easy because he isnt used to speed like mine... the other guy would be a challenge because of his wrestling background.

I have good hip rotation on my punches and for the most part stay back... But man when I smell blood that goes to ish and I throw hard and over my top foot lol... If I miss then Im screwed because I end up way out of balance
    "Its like a ballet of Violence"

Journey to My next Fight Thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110943231

UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000) UrbanFlatline is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, I had a really **** weekend. The only thing that saved the weekend was that on Sunday at open gym I got a huge compliment on how far my ground game has come.

Anyways, Im hoping to start saving cause I got a lucrative offer to join a friend in Thailand for some MT... I really hope im able to save enough! but who knows. In the meantime Im going to try and contact one of my old sponsors that really helped out when times were tough. We will see how that goes.

Anyways if anyone feels like cheering someone up today... Use that energy on me. I could really use a smile!

So for my next fight I want some shorts like Melvin Manhoef cause I think he is a bad ass! check out the site that will customize some for me!!!

http://store.titlemma.com/title-cust...esign-128.html

IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just recently got into custom tailoring my own ****, I have really particular tastes and most fashion is either to gay or to poorly constructed (or just generally lacking in style) my next goal is to get a hold of a good fight short pattern and make myself a pair of chocolate brown fight shorts. I guess years of all sorts of arts and crafts paid off.
    Find your own path, my footsteps are hard to follow.

Proud Member of the "I lost 100 Pounds Club"!
    357lbs-> 245lbs Now cutting to start fighting in Mixed Martial Arts @ 220.

Training thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114053801

BJJ leniage:
    Helio Gracie-> Royler Gracie-> Saulo Ribeiro-> Rodrigo Pinheiro-> Luis Rubalcava-> Me

NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NameNotGuy is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IzRiot View Post
    I just recently got into custom tailoring my own ****, I have really particular tastes and most fashion is either to gay or to poorly constructed (or just generally lacking in style) my next goal is to get a hold of a good fight short pattern and make myself a pair of chocolate brown fight shorts. I guess years of all sorts of arts and crafts paid off.
    Hell yea, bro. Start up a new business. Handmade combat shorts!

IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IzRiot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NameNotGuy View Post
    Hell yea, bro. Start up a new business. Handmade combat shorts!

actually read my mind, well handmade MMA gear in general, right now ill be screen printing on prefabbed shirts, though a very high quality of cut. but everything that isn't a T is handmade, and the Ts will be as soon as i get good enough at my stitching lines. I have two lines of MMA stuff forming
    Kimura- my serious hardcore MMA kind of stuff. (think tap out, affliction etc)
    and
    Pit Fighter- more casual, some mma joke shirts, light hearted, MMA gear

and as soon as i start making some real money on to sponsoring fighters!
    Last edited by IzRiot; 11-18-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Training thread

BJJ leniage:
    Helio Gracie-> Royler Gracie-> Saulo Ribeiro-> Rodrigo Pinheiro-> Luis Rubalcava-> Me

actually read my mind, well handmade MMA gear in general, right now ill be screen printing on prefabbed shirts, though a very high quality of cut. but everything that isn't a T is handmade, and the Ts will be as soon as i get good enough at my stitching lines. I have two lines of MMA stuff forming
    Kimura- my serious hardcore MMA kind of stuff. (think tap out, affliction etc)
    and
    Pit Fighter- more casual, some mma joke shirts, light hearted, MMA gear

and as soon as i start making some real money on to sponsoring fighters!
    Well If you can find a pattern of shorts like the ones I want let me know... Think Melvin Manhoef shorts

Originally Posted by UrbanFlatline View Post
    Well If you can find a pattern of shorts like the ones I want let me know... Think Melvin Manhoef shorts
    Will do this weekend im going to try and get my arts and crafts on

Training thread

BJJ leniage:

Will do this weekend im going to try and get my arts and crafts on
    LOL well you do that! Cause Thats for sure the kind of shorts I want to fight in... you just never see that style around here in MMA... Its much more of a MT thing but thats how I fight anyways...

On another note i just saw this tattoo that I think is sick! I would never get it but it is still sick!
    Attached Images

Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL well you do that! Cause Thats for sure the kind of shorts I want to fight in... you just never see that style around here in MMA... Its much more of a MT thing but thats how I fight anyways...

On another note i just saw this tattoo that I think is sick! I would never get it but it is still sick!
    I have seent that too, it is bad ace. Unfortunately that is well below where I can get them and still have them covered in my suit and tie. Although I could wear leather gloves all the time and look like a contract killer.

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I have seent that too, it is bad ace. Unfortunately that is well below where I can get them and still have them covered in my suit and tie. Although I could wear leather gloves all the time and look like a contract killer.
    That would make u look bad arse for sure! lol... I wont ever get anything on my hands for the same reason. Im a salesman at heart and will most likely work my way into a higher business position where Ill have to have a tie again lol... So for now 3/4 sleeve is the most possible but Ill probably just go with a chest and back piece...

Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That would make u look bad arse for sure! lol... I wont ever get anything on my hands for the same reason. Im a salesman at heart and will most likely work my way into a higher business position where Ill have to have a tie again lol... So for now 3/4 sleeve is the most possible but Ill probably just go with a chest and back piece...
    I can pretty much go down to my wrist if I want, although if I do that I couldn't roll my sleeves up. With my sleeves rolled up you can just see the bottom of the one on my forearm. I don't have anything in mind for lower than that so I should be good.

I can pretty much go down to my wrist if I want, although if I do that I couldn't roll my sleeves up. With my sleeves rolled up you can just see the bottom of the one on my forearm. I don't have anything in mind for lower than that so I should be good.
    For sure... The arms were never a really big deal to me, especially since I dont have the biggest arms lol... I carry half my weight in my thighs and calves!

WOW~~~ New info... The Last guy I fought was on this seasons TUF... Sadly he lost that first day but to get into the final 16 guys for the show is still a feat in itself... Check in out

Tom Matijacic
    MMA Record: 4-0-1
    Trains With:

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=14108

Damnations!!! SO MY GYM IS MOVING SUPPOSEDLY!!! THIS IS GAY>>> I DONT KNOW WHAT IM GOING TO DO... I GUESS ILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW PLACE

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    I know right... All the other gyms in my area arent as good! I dont like to train at second rate garbage! And the other really good gym in the area is full of stuck up idiots!

phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50) phalnax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey man, where have you been offered to train in Thailand?

check out my muay thai site

fightingfarang.com

Also if you get to Thailand and need any help let me know, I've been following your journal since it started and will do whatever I can.

Good luck finding a new gym!

Originally Posted by phalnax View Post
    Hey man, where have you been offered to train in Thailand?

check out my muay thai site

fightingfarang.com

Also if you get to Thailand and need any help let me know, I've been following your journal since it started and will do whatever I can.

Good luck finding a new gym!
    Thanks man Ill check this out for sure... We will be in touch!

Alright, So I just found a bunch of old pics. This is my last fight against Tom Matejacic. He was a tough opponent but I was just in a different world. I was completely out of shape and not ready for this fight... but here are some good pics.

And yes I wore a Tux before my fight cause I went to a wedding that day lol

PS. I realize this guy was a monster! lol... really makes me look out of shape. And dont mess with my stand up stances, I dont know what I was thinking lol... Im trying to find the pic where I kick him in the head!!! Cause it was a bad ass pic. O and I shot for a triangle near the end there. He was to BIG, I could get my legs anywhere near closed. It doesnt help the I grabbed for his left leg when I should have grabbed for his right. LIVE AND LEARN

Last edited by UrbanFlatline; 11-23-2008 at 08:40 AM.

Damn, was that at 205? That dude must cut pretty damn good then.

Damn, was that at 205? That dude must cut pretty damn good then.
    Ya that was at 205. lol he made it to the first round of this seasons TUF

Ya that was at 205. lol he made it to the first round of this seasons TUF
    Ah, that was that guy? He looked much taller than you, how tall was he 6'3", 6'4"? That would suck to deal with that reach difference.

Ah, that was that guy? He looked much taller than you, how tall was he 6'3", 6'4"? That would suck to deal with that reach difference.
    Ya I think he was 6'3 is wasnt a huge diference. And If I had fought a smart fight I might have walked away with the win. I have also fought a guy who was 6'7

Ya I think he was 6'3 is wasnt a huge diference. And If I had fought a smart fight I might have walked away with the win. I have also fought a guy who was 6'7
    How did you deal with the height difference against the 6'7" guy? Was that at 205 or HW? I guess I would just chop his ass down and wreck his lead leg with kicks.

How did you deal with the height difference against the 6'7" guy? Was that at 205 or HW? I guess I would just chop his ass down and wreck his lead leg with kicks.
    He was an undefeated HW coming down to 205 for his first fight.. I didnt handle it very well lol. I waited and timed a left haymaker of his... closed distance and hit him with a right hook... I feel it was more luck then skill lol... But I hit him hard!!!

He was an undefeated HW coming down to 205 for his first fight.. I didnt handle it very well lol. I waited and timed a left haymaker of his... closed distance and hit him with a right hook... I feel it was more luck then skill lol... But I hit him hard!!!
    If you planned that action then by default it was not luck. It was strategery, and well executed strategery at that from the sounds of it.