Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Australian Guy Abroad 2MuChBoDyFaT's Avatar
    2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

which muscle groups train well together?

If you decide to focus on two muscle groups each time you work out, does it really matter which two you choose? I am thinking that the following work well together, but would be keen to hear what others think:

Chest & Triceps

Back & Biceps

Legs & Shoulders

Abs (can go anywhere)

Tryin hard to gain weight davidmtml's Avatar
    davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidmtml will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2MuChBoDyFaT View Post
    If you decide to focus on two muscle groups each time you work out, does it really matter which two you choose? I am thinking that the following work well together, but would be keen to hear what others think:

Chest & Triceps

Back & Biceps

Legs & Shoulders

Abs (can go anywhere)
    What you have described is definitely the most common split workout. I did it for quite a while and have recently switched to doing Chest & Biceps, and Back w/ Triceps and have seen some good gains. Most splits will do, and when you stop seeing gains, switch it up!

Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer175 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My preference and that is me and I got great results as I got it from Pro Wrestler Lance Storm:

Chest and Bi's
    Back and Tri's
    Shoulders and Legs

His reasoning is that when you do Chest and tri's; it can be overkill on the tris. When you do Chest and Bi's, you do 3 muscles--> 2 directly and one indirectly (Tri's)

This is not a fact just an opinion based on experience. thanks

funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10) funkymonk420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i've mostly worked opposing muscle groups together, so: tris and back together, chest and bis together, stuff like that. also chest and back together and arms day (tris and bis together).

but at one point i switched it to chest/tris and back/bis for a while when my usual split was getting stale and it seemed to work well. variety is great, so it's tough to go wrong either way.

johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnnygun207 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    anybody got any good links to specific workouts for these splits? i'm gettin bored with my current workout and am looking to mix it up and start hitting my muscle groups the right way.

Australian Guy Abroad 2MuChBoDyFaT's Avatar
    2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2MuChBoDyFaT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

I can tell you what I'm about to start next:

CHEST/TRICEPS
    ==================

Incline BB Bench
    Incline DB Flyes
    Weighted Dips
    Overhead Tricep Extensions (with an EZ curl bar)
    Tricep pushdowns (cable)

BACK/BICEPS
    ==================

Deads
    Bent over rows
    Shrugs (was doing upright rows, but dropping this now)
    Pullups
    BB Curls
    Hammer curls, concentration curls or something else

LEGS/SHOULDERS
    ==================

Squats (if my knees hold out)
    DB Lunges
    Calf Raises
    Seated BB Overhead Press
    DB Side Raises
    DB Front Raises

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find that training Biceps -Back
    Triceps-Chest
    Legs- Shoulders works well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gotta get bigger spitfiredealer's Avatar
    spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10) spitfiredealer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When i did a 3 day spilt
    I did the following:

Chest/Back
    Legs/Abs
    Shoulders/Bi's & Tri's
    "Great and good are seldom the same man."

flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flipthetrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Let me drop some knowlege on you. There is no magic combo. I know you know that, I just thought I would clarify for anyone listening. If you are going to focus on to muscle groups a day, just pick two and do that for a month, then switch to a different combo. The body is an amazing thing and it can basically guess what you are going to do when after a while and will compensate. Treat your body like a spy, you have to keep it guessing. This is the best way to grow.

Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000) Randeep.Singh is just really nice. (+1000)
    i am just starting on doing a chest/bi,shoulders/legs, day off back/tris day off repeat. But like already said you can and should experiment get what results you can and keep your body guessing and switch it up.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by flipthetrainer View Post
    Treat your body like a spy, you have to keep it guessing. This is the best way to grow.
    lolzers
    Who was this love of yours?

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by flipthetrainer View Post
    Let me drop some knowlege on you.

Some drop science, while I'm droppin' English.
    Even if Yella makes it acapella,
    I still express, yo, I don't smoke weed or cess,
    Cuz it's known to give a brother brain damage.
    And brain damage on the mic don't manage -
    Nuttin'

Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500) always_eating is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by spitfiredealer View Post
    When i did a 3 day spilt
    I did the following:

Chest/Back
    Legs/Abs
    Shoulders/Bi's & Tri's
    This is too much you are working on 2 major muscle groups in one day...

As OP said, this is the best split:

Chest & Triceps

Back & Biceps

Legs & Shoulders

Abs (can go anywhere)
    ..,_,..
    (O,O)
    (.....)
    -"-"-
    O'RLY

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by smilanov View Post

Chest & Triceps

Back & Biceps

Legs & Shoulders

Abs (can go anywhere)

Working chest and back together is just fine.
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lencho View Post
    Working chest and back together is just fine.
    correct
    Who was this love of yours?

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by smilanov View Post

Chest & Triceps

Back & Biceps

Legs & Shoulders

Abs (can go anywhere)
    There is no best split.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    There is no best split.
    Yep there are two best splits...

Rippletoez and 5x5

siya91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hi

Originally Posted by Boxer175 View Post
    My preference and that is me and I got great results as I got it from Pro Wrestler Lance Storm:

Chest and Bi's
    Back and Tri's
    Shoulders and Legs

His reasoning is that when you do Chest and tri's; it can be overkill on the tris. When you do Chest and Bi's, you do 3 muscles--> 2 directly and one indirectly (Tri's)

This is not a fact just an opinion based on experience. thanks
    hi man, if i do this workout do i only go to gym 3 times a week? i was gunna start this workout on monday do chest and biceps and wednsday for back ,tricep, friday for leg and shoulders. what do u think about tht mate? thanks

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by siya91 View Post
    hi man, if i do this workout do i only go to gym 3 times a week? i was gunna start this workout on monday do chest and biceps and wednsday for back ,tricep, friday for leg and shoulders. what do u think about tht mate? thanks
    Well he hasn't even posted anything since oct.14, 2008 so he's probably not going to answer you.

But it looks fine to me.

Good luck!
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ardfizz49 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I usually do the chest/tri's, back/bi's, legs, shoulder. However, every couple months I do the chest/back and bi's/tri's. I seem to notice I do not get quite as good of a workout for my chest and back, but I do love the arm pump and growth I see.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ardfizz49 View Post
    I usually do the chest/tri's, back/bi's, legs, shoulder. However, every couple months I do the chest/back and bi's/tri's. I seem to notice I do not get quite as good of a workout for my chest and back, but I do love the arm pump and growth I see.
    Have you ever tried chest/bis, back/tris? So your arms are fresher when working them.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

bryon_13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a Chest/tri, legs, back/bi/shoulders.

I like the feeling better and I can go a lot heavier on the shoulders.
    Any Improvement is an Improvement.

Proudly Canadian.

MyoFusion and N.O. Shotgun - Wild stack.

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126281883

Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by davidmtml View Post
    What you have described is definitely the most common split workout. I did it for quite a while and have recently switched to doing Chest & Biceps, and Back w/ Triceps and have seen some good gains. Most splits will do, and when you stop seeing gains, switch it up!
    Pretty much what david said.

SunderlandLad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump.

I thought I'd bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. So here it goes. I've been training now for about a year, mainly to keep fit for football but I'm far too slim and I must admit I get knocked of the ball far to easy. I now want to go to the gym and fill out a bit, and gain more muscle. But with me being a complete idiot at stuff like this, I haven't got a clue how I would achieve this. I'm available to train about 5 days a week, so could someone please give me a hand on what muscles I should train together, how many sets and reps to do etc? Any help is deeply appreciated.

Regards, SunderlandLad.

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SunderlandLad View Post
    Bump.

I thought I'd bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. So here it goes. I've been training now for about a year, mainly to keep fit for football but I'm far too slim and I must admit I get knocked of the ball far to easy. I now want to go to the gym and fill out a bit, and gain more muscle. But with me being a complete idiot at stuff like this, I haven't got a clue how I would achieve this. I'm available to train about 5 days a week, so could someone please give me a hand on what muscles I should train together, how many sets and reps to do etc? Any help is deeply appreciated.

Regards, SunderlandLad.
    You are lucky that I am on recharge.

Skudder82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eat eat eat!!!

Hi There,

If you are quite a small build and are looking to gain weight and size then you have to eat a lot more calories to supply energy for your muscles to grow. No amount of weight training on a standard diet will dramatically affect your size. Try to inrease the amount you eat but make sure it's the right stuff and at the right times - Plenty of Protein and good slow release carbs and always eat within an hour of leaving the Gym as your blasted muscles will be crying out for nutrients to help them repair and grow.

With regards to the training you need to go heavy with fewer reps! Try to aim for between 6-8 reps and about 2-3 sets per exercise. and only train a muscle group once per week as the muscle will grow over the rest days!

Hope that helps! Happy Pumping!

AOTP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

16 y/o Starting off - Any tips/help?

Hey, Im 16 and decided i really wanted to gain muscle&become stronger. Though my goal is not becoming a body builder, I just want to become less skiny, stronger, more athletic, because i play basketball. I want to work on my back, chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders and legs. My fat % is pretty low, i want to keep it a little low though. Im pretty athletic; my vertical jump is like 34 inches and im really quick compared to most others - even though ive never really worked on agility. i run like 3.1 miles in 18 minutes so nothing wrong with my condition.

Diet isnt really my problem, i know what to eat, when to eat etc and i can always ask my brother.

My brother bodybuilds but thats just not my goal and i thought maybe some people out here have been working on a similar goal as mine. I just dont really now how to start. what about weights? how many reps and sets etc? i currently do (for me) medium weights for about 4x12kg (26.5lbs). is that alright? sometimes i cant make all 12 reps, it slowly goes down like i start with 12 ->10->8->6 reps. Anyone with some tips? how did you start off? did you get any help or did you just try something out?
    Anyways, thanks

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AOTP View Post
    Hey, Im 16 and decided i really wanted to gain muscle&become stronger. Though my goal is not becoming a body builder, I just want to become less skiny, stronger, more athletic, because i play basketball. I want to work on my back, chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders and legs. My fat % is pretty low, i want to keep it a little low though. Im pretty athletic; my vertical jump is like 34 inches and im really quick compared to most others - even though ive never really worked on agility. i run like 3.1 miles in 18 minutes so nothing wrong with my condition.

Diet isnt really my problem, i know what to eat, when to eat etc and i can always ask my brother.

My brother bodybuilds but thats just not my goal and i thought maybe some people out here have been working on a similar goal as mine. I just dont really now how to start. what about weights? how many reps and sets etc? i currently do (for me) medium weights for about 4x12kg (26.5lbs). is that alright? sometimes i cant make all 12 reps, it slowly goes down like i start with 12 ->10->8->6 reps. Anyone with some tips? how did you start off? did you get any help or did you just try something out?
    Anyways, thanks
    reading the stickies will probably be a wise decision.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) denny2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I follow PHAT which makes sense. I do back and shoulders together, because they actually do complement eachother. Chest and arms because my chest is lagging hardcore, so I can concentrate a lot more compound on the chest without worrying about another major muscle group tiring me out. And then legs and core. I find it works if you're gonna do each muscle group twice a week
    "If I was an NBA team I would sign Rudy Gay just so I could trade him and get better." - jross2021

2010 BB.com's Jiu Jitsu team

"Don't cry and quit. You're already in pain. You're already hurt. Get a reward for it"

fitnessfreakNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chest/back is à good one!