Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poloralphloren has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ITT the human body only has 6 muscles...

I like to pair types of motions together, rather than thinking about specific muscles - for example, pulls, pushes, upward/outward rotations, etc.. Think outside the box!

marciog87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Agree

Originally Posted by flipthetrainer View Post
    Let me drop some knowlege on you. There is no magic combo. I know you know that, I just thought I would clarify for anyone listening. If you are going to focus on to muscle groups a day, just pick two and do that for a month, then switch to a different combo. The body is an amazing thing and it can basically guess what you are going to do when after a while and will compensate. Treat your body like a spy, you have to keep it guessing. This is the best way to grow.
    Agree 100%.. i have been doing chest & triceps.... back & biceps... shoulders & traps... leg's & abs

the growing started slowing down after 1.5 months

so next week going to start:

chest & biceps.... back & triceps..... legs & traps... shoulders

Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10) Conster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you're just starting to weight lift you NEED to do starting strength.

heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) heinstein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Conster View Post
    If you're just starting to weight lift you NEED to do starting strength.
    Lol @ need being all caps/stated at all.

Opposing movements go best together

Pull push
    Curl extend
    Rotate in rotate out
    Follow my quest for 100,000 pull ups this year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asj9kQZoAthCdEwyN3JWdEE3cFdnOC1YcTRZR01kVVE#gid=0

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    There is no best split.
    Wise words right here.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

ColmRS7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Call me crazy but...

Biceps / Triceps / Abs
    Chest / Shoulders / Traps
    Back / Triceps / Abs
    Biceps / Shoulders / Quads
    Chest / Back / Traps
    Quads / Hams / Calves

7stringtheory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do:
    Chest, Tris and shoulders (Muscles that push away from you)
    Back and Bis (Muscles that pull toward you)
    Legs and Abs (Muscles that kick)
    I train 6 days a week so each of those groupings get 2 days a week. The reason I do it this way is because of how they all work together.

foamy28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For these splits, what days do you guys rest? Is it like mon-lift, tues-rest, wed-lift, thur-rest, fri-lift, etc.

Is it possible for these splits do 6-days a week without damaging your body?

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like to focus on one muscle group a day, so I can give more attention to it. I find that this gives me more flexibility with weight and volume, really lets me work it harder vs trying to fit two muscles into one day and maybe giving each a sub-maximal effort in order to keep total workout time down(making room for your schedule). I suppose if I was combining though, I like the idea of sticking chest with triceps and back with biceps because they have common exercises. What combines best per workout is usually a question of what two muscle groups use similar muscles to perform their movements, and what won't interfere with following workout days.

Back and biceps have a few common things you could use like close grip bent rows, chin ups. On the other hand, Back and legs also go together because of deadlifts, good mornings, and hyperextensions. So it can be confusing at times trying to schedule everything just right so you're fully able to use what you need each day. Tough call, in the end it depends on the person - how they want to run it to fit into their life. And what they'll actually stick to, consistently.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

foamy28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    I like to focus on one muscle group a day, so I can give more attention to it. I find that this gives me more flexibility with weight and volume, really lets me work it harder vs trying to fit two muscles into one day and maybe giving each a sub-maximal effort in order to keep total workout time down(making room for your schedule). I suppose if I was combining though, I like the idea of sticking chest with triceps and back with biceps because they have common exercises. What combines best per workout is usually a question of what two muscle groups use similar muscles to perform their movements, and what won't interfere with following workout days.

Back and biceps have a few common things you could use like close grip bent rows, chin ups. On the other hand, Back and legs also go together because of deadlifts, good mornings, and hyperextensions. So it can be confusing at times trying to schedule everything just right so you're fully able to use what you need each day. Tough call, in the end it depends on the person - how they want to run it to fit into their life. And what they'll actually stick to, consistently.
    I've only been lifting for about 9 months and that is what I did when I first started, only one muscle group a day. Now I'm going to change it up, do two a day and see how it goes. I do agree with you man, that I might do sub-optimal reps since I am adding more to my workout now, but I will see how it goes.

For doing 2 body parts a day, is it possible do to 6 days a week, will my body be sufficient on one day of rest?

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I was combining 2 a day, what I would do is get 3 days of splits done, rest a day, then repeat that cycle again. I thought it was pretty manageable, but I wasn't getting any insane pumps cause I crammed so much stuff together. Now I pretty much always take the muscle to it's limits, even if I don't get to hit the whole body twice a week. For me it was a double edged sword type deal. More frequency, or more focus.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow. I was in college when this thread was created lol