castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Shoulder pain is back.

I have just gotten back into bench pressing after rarely doing it the past year because of a common pain in my left shoulder. It's back now, and I'm trying to figure out what exercise is putting too much strain on it. I'm narrowing it down to either the incline dumbbell press, because I can't tell what angle is the right one to use on my bench. Either that or skull crushers, because my shoulders were fine before I started doing these again. Any suggestions please?
    Going down on your cousin is like a non alcoholic beverage. Tastes the same, but just isn't right.

Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Persi@n is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by castor_troy5896 View Post
    I have just gotten back into bench pressing after rarely doing it the past year because of a common pain in my left shoulder. It's back now, and I'm trying to figure out what exercise is putting too much strain on it. I'm narrowing it down to either the incline dumbbell press, because I can't tell what angle is the right one to use on my bench. Either that or skull crushers, because my shoulders were fine before I started doing these again. Any suggestions please?

hmm
    just do everything in slow proper form.. dunno. usually **** happens when you go a bit reckless, lol

wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50) wopperjr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same re-occurring problem, just make sure to NOT go into major exercises first, always do say a rotator cuff exercise before shoulder press, etc, etc...

Try going down in weight and using dumbbells, with super slow form concentrating on each movement, this will increase your stabilizer muscles which will also prevent easily damaged tissue like in your shouldies.

AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50) AaronJF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You said you just started bench pressing and the pain is back... I'm almost 99.9999% sure that means the bench press is your problem.

But whatever it is, just make sure you do a good warmup and figure out some ways to manipulate the exercises so they feel more natural.

qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) qwik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    this is probably my first serious post but I am experiencing shoulder pain also... it mostly hurts when I move my left arm back/up. It started hurting bad and my last workout was back and bicep.. I think I may have strained it from bent over dumbbell rows? i never really did those until a couple days ago...

Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000) Jonken is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do some Rotator Cuff work. And try to massage the rotators by using a tennisball(pushing it against the wall with your back). Helped me to get rid of my shoulder injury that had been coming back from time to time in about 2 years.

Good luck man
    Bulking to 80kg! Cheers

My Workout Journal:
    is at the FORVM.

castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) castor_troy5896 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the replies. I haven't really focused on a good shoulder work, I have kind of neglected that body part. Maybe that's why this pain keeps occurring, can someone recommend a simple effective workout for shoulders? I can't do military press.
    Going down on your cousin is like a non alcoholic beverage. Tastes the same, but just isn't right.