lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Keto and HIIT Sports

Now i play field hockey and a 70 min game consists of lots of jogging and sprints.

This is HIIT....which when on keto this is a no no , so would it be wise to treat games and training with a TKD diet and eat carbs before each game for the best performance and limit muscle loss???

Also if YES to treating games with TKD eating , how much carbs would you reccomend?

Thanks

BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000)
    u dont haf to change to TKD to be able to perform at hockey. your body may at first need time to adjust, but the difference is far from significant in my experience
    "Just do the diet, lift hard and take pictures of yourself naked. As long as the scale is going down, your lifts are going up and your pix look good, ignore everything else." - Eileen

My pet hate? Half measures.....there's no kill like an overkill!!
    Self Discipline is telling that little voice in your head to shut the f$%k up.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go by how you feel. If you find you can cope with a game on straight keto, great. If not, try adding in carbs beforehand until you find the level that will let you play best.

Then come back and tell us what it is. There isn't nearly enough information out there on TKD, we need all the practical results we can get.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well ive done 2 seasons of just ckd with hockey and weights , im more asking on the fact of will i lose muscle from this?

i typically eat steak and eggs pre game etc

Star Fleet Gym Manager startrek's Avatar
    startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) startrek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You should maintain your muscle mass as long as you have enough protein and overall calories. Like Eileen said, do it, and adjust your macros until you find the level that's right for you.

Many people find that on keto they don't have the "burst" energy that sprinting requires, but that their endurance is improved. Hence the pre-game carb-up: it provides quick energy right when you need it. Then, after the game, your body goes back to burning fat for fuel.
    ***Don't make keto dieting so damned complicated. At least 65% of calories from fat. No more than 25g of carbs per day. Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're no longer hungry. End of story.***

Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tiny08 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by startrek View Post
    You should maintain your muscle mass as long as you have enough protein and overall calories. Like Eileen said, do it, and adjust your macros until you find the level that's right for you.

Many people find that on keto they don't have the "burst" energy that sprinting requires, but that their endurance is improved. Hence the pre-game carb-up: it provides quick energy right when you need it. Then, after the game, your body goes back to burning fat for fuel.
    im glad to hear that . i play rugby and i just started keto today and i heard that i'd lose muscle because of lack of carbs .
    broseidon king of the brocean

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, because we all know that muscles are make of sugar.

If your calories are right, and you are getting enough protein (and even keto-ers eat far more protein than the general population) then muscle loss is not an issue.

Thumbs up

cool , thanks for the replies!

barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barefoot88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=startrek;225448631]You should maintain your muscle mass as long as you have enough protein and overall calories/QUOTE]

Hmm how about those who are cutting? Any tricks to maintain muscle mass? I am taking about 1 to 1.5k calories right now. Seriously i think it started to eat my muscle mass away. I can feel my ribcage through my chest now, freaky . . .

Human bodies tend to work on a "Use it or lose it" basis. If you are using your muscles, you won't lose them unless you drop calories to a stupid level.

One of the problems I find with body building is that it can make you a bit obsessed with your body, your muscles and your general shape. Get a candid friend to look you over, and take naked pictures of yourself, and try not to obsess.

What are your stats? Sounds like you could be undereating a bit.

taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50) taxsux will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in the same position. Regatta (Dragonboat) season is about to start and it's a pretty intense sport. Lots of 200m sprints, 400m and 2km endurance.

It's good that I only do it on Sundays though which will fall on carb up days.

Looking forward to it.