dlang615 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anytime Fitness?

Opening an Anytime Fitness in my area soon. Anyone have an idea what a Certified Personal Trainer would get paid at a facility like this?

Anyone have any insight on working at this facility as a trainer? Pay?

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I contract train with anytime fitness.....the owner of the anytime i work out of only hires contract trainers

I have been talking to the owner about the possibility in the Manager position. Any idea how that works? Is it worth trying? Or is contracting as a trainer a better idea? Is the pay decent? Any info would help. Thanks.

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    In this business, it's much more worth your time and effort to work for yourself (as in a contractor) than for a company.

This has been my experience, and the experience of many personal trainers I know.
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

The manager position is the full-time position so I was looking at that. The trainers are contracted out correct? Does anyone know anything about the manager positition at an Anytime Fitness? Would it be worth looking into?

Any advice?

Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a "receptionist" type position at the local Anytime Fitness and just recently was certified as a personal fitness trainer through the ISSA. I was talking to my boss today about the new options open to me/him now, but considering our gym has a trainer already I don't know if I'm going to work as a trainer there, too, or branch out on my own. Considering a lot of Anytime Fitness gyms are run as franchises, however, I think a lot of that type of thing (how the trainers are hired and etc.) is very personal from gym to gym.

Do you know anything about the Manager position there though? Duties? How does training work with being the manager as well as keeping up on daily clerical? I am considering it, but don't want to miss out on being on the floor with clients as well.

Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dlang615 View Post
    Do you know anything about the Manager position there though? Duties? How does training work with being the manager as well as keeping up on daily clerical? I am considering it, but don't want to miss out on being on the floor with clients as well.
    Are you addressing me?

That's one of the potential issues I would have with working at our Anytime as a trainer, besides in the office--what happens when somebody off the street walks in and wants to sign up, but I'm the only staff member there and busy out on the floor training a client? My boss and I haven't worked that one out yet, except that if I do choose to work as a trainer there too, I might just bump up my office duties to the evenings and work as a trainer during the daytime. If you're the sole proprietor I'm not quite sure how you'd work around that situation, though. I'm just part-time right now, but I know that all the stuff my boss does to manage the gym keeps him busy from the beginning of his workday to the end.

JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JulianBee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dlang615 View Post
    I've dealt with that before...most ppl will understand your only one person and can only do so much at one time. If you spend an extended amount of time signing up a new member just give your client that session for free seeing as they had to wait so long, but most will understand. As for the manager duties at anytime, I know signing up members takes a while here and entering them into the system takes some time as well. Not to mention all the other b.s. managers have to deal with when it comes to dealing with people. I hope this helps

F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i work out at one of those gyms. somewhat nice atmosphere i like the black and grey equipment. its maybe a little bit too cool and sometimes like alot of gyms there is absolutely horrible music playing but then i still dont favor having a goofy ipod wire and junk on me when im working out. good place.

It sounds like a decent job, but I want to spend time on the floor with the members and not the whole day at a desk. It is about the members and there results of course (understanding membership revenue as well). Going to be a big decision.

Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Burial has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by F1eld View Post
    sometimes like alot of gyms there is absolutely horrible music playing
    this sums up my experience with anytime fitness. Nothing like 'I wanna be a rockstar' by nickelback coming on when I'm about to squat.

Originally Posted by Burial View Post
    this sums up my experience with anytime fitness. Nothing like 'I wanna be a rockstar' by nickelback coming on when I'm about to squat.
    yea....the one I work out of plays elevator music all day long....horrible