Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    They don't have to at all! Its simple really, prove that this "God" fellow exists, and then he will be part of science!
    Do you KNOW, have you proven he does not exist?
    Last edited by gumbyonroids; 09-25-2008 at 08:20 AM.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gumbyonroids View Post
    Soundly debunked, no not by a long shot.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hank-williams View Post
    I think evolution and creation both should be taught, that way the student can be given both choices.

and lets teach all the other creation fairy tales from all the other cultures!

did you know that many native american tribes believed that they came into this world from a hole in the ground or on the back of giant turtles?

tell you what; lets teach ALL the creation myths in a class called mythology 101. that is the only place that creation should be taught!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Inho View Post
    WOW.

When are you fucking morons going to realize that Evolution is an observable fact?

God damn, the ignorance in this forum is out of this world. Jesus fuck.

"2. Isn't evolution just a theory that remains unproven?

In science, a theory is a rigorously tested statement of general principles that explains observable and recorded aspects of the world. A scientific theory therefore describes a higher level of understanding that ties "facts" together. A scientific theory stands until proven wrong -- it is never proven correct. The Darwinian theory of evolution has withstood the test of time and thousands of scientific experiments; nothing has disproved it since Darwin first proposed it more than 150 years ago. Indeed, many scientific advances, in a range of scientific disciplines including physics, geology, chemistry, and molecular biology, have supported, refined, and expanded evolutionary theory far beyond anything Darwin could have imagined.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/li...cat01.html#Q01

Also, Evolution happening in front of scientists' eyes in the lab:

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/...n-the-lab.html
    HAY GUISE IF I TYPE IN A BIGGER FONT, OR A DIFFERENT COLOR, IT REALLY STANDS OUT. MAKES ME FEEL IMPORTANT.
    Last edited by HoosierBoy; 09-25-2008 at 07:51 AM.

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs down

Do you KNOW, have you proven with he does not exist?
    this post is too ignorant to even generate a response...
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you KNOW, have you proven with he does not exist?
    Thats not how science works big guy! You don't assume things exist just because they have not been proven NOT to exist. If that were the case, anything someone could imagine that isn't falsifiable should be included in science. Im sure you can imagine some of the absurd and highly unlikely things that could be imagined.

If you assert that "X" exists, yet you can not prove it, it is not my responsibilty to prove it doesn't. You must first be able to reasonably demonstrate that it does.

However, if you assert "X" exists, and you can scientifically and reasonably demonstrate that it does, and I still claim it doesn't, then I have a responsibility to prove that it doesn't. For example, if I claimed that elephants do not exist, since it can be observed that they do, it would then be my responsibility to then prove that they don't.

Question

Originally Posted by hank-williams View Post
    who showed hank how to use these annoying animated icons?
    negged!
    jake24

SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000) SpyderTT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Creationism in school would be ten seconds long.

God created the universe and everything in it in only 6 days. Any questions? No? Good.

ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jackfast1 View Post
    did you know that many native american tribes believed that they came into this world from a hole in the ground or on the back of giant turtles?

I think that it depends on the setting. On the native american reservations they do teach their beliefs of creation.

I went to a Private college where they were able to teach both evolution and creationism. People were able to discuss both views. We had many really good lectures from religious professors on creationism and at the same time the science professors taught evolutionism. Basically I think that it should be left up to the person to decide what they want to believe.
    **Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.**
    Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ndgal View Post
    I think that it depends on the setting. On the native american reservations they do teach their beliefs of creation.

I went to a Private college where they were able to teach both evolution and creationism. People were able to discuss both views. We had many really good lectures from religious professors on creationism and at the same time the science professors taught evolutionism. Basically I think that it should be left up to the person to decide what they want to believe.
    So you would have no problems with a science class teaching your child that the earth was flat then I take it?

Thats not how science works big guy! You don't assume things exist just because they have not been proven NOT to exist. If that were the case, anything someone could imagine that isn't falsifiable should be included in science. Im sure you can imagine some of the absurd and highly unlikely things that could be imagined.

If you assert that "X" exists, yet you can not prove it, it is not my responsibilty to prove it doesn't. You must first be able to reasonably demonstrate that it does.

However, if you assert "X" exists, and you can scientifically and reasonably demonstrate that it does, and I still claim it doesn't, then I have a responsibility to prove that it doesn't. For example, if I claimed that elephants do not exist, since it can be observed that they do, it would then be my responsibility to then prove that they don't.

i am amazed you took the time and have the patience to explain to a 48year old man a concept that any 6th grader should be familiar with!

this is the 'santa clause concept' and gumby fails at 6th grade level logic!

whats worse is that he claims hes not religious!
    figure that one out!
    Last edited by jackfast1; 09-25-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    jake24

ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So you would have no problems with a science class teaching your child that the earth was flat then I take it?
    I guess I never thought of it like that before.

Cool

i amazed you took the time and have the patience to explain to a 48year old man a concept that any 6th grader should be familiar with!

figure that one out!
    Im pretty sure he's just a troll having fun. But at the very least, someone else might read it and gain something useful from it.

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rosshole View Post
    Creationism in school would be ten seconds long.

God created the universe and everything in it in only 6 days. Any questions? No? Good.
    You know, that's a good point. We are always learning new things in the realm of science and technology. As we learn old theories and beliefs get discarded in favor of new verified or verifiable ones.

But the creation story is done, finished, finito, fini. What is there to discuss? Except to justify it and proselytize a particular religious belief.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

thats fine; if evolution is taught as part of the science curriculum and religion/creationism etc is taught as mythological studies.

any students of mine in any science class who wished to 'choose' creationism over evolution would get a big fat F!

it would be similar to asking 'who leaves the money under your pillow in exchange for a tooth?'
    if you are an adult and you choose 'tooth fairy' then you phail at life!
    Last edited by jackfast1; 09-25-2008 at 08:04 AM.
    jake24

thats fine; if evolution is taught as part of the science curriculum and religion/creationism etc is taught as mythological studies.

any students of mine in any science class who wished to 'choose' creationism over evolution would get a big fat F!

it would be similar to asking 'who leaves the money under your pillow in exchange for a tooth?'
    if you are an adult and you choose 'tooth fairy' then you phail at life!
    Well then I guess that I would recieve and F in your class.

Question

Well then I guess that I would recieve and F in your class.
    is that because you have examined the evidence and come to the conclusion that the creation myth is the best explanation for the advent of humanity?
    jake24

is that because you have examined the evidence and come to the conclusion that the creation myth is the best explanation for the advent of humanity?
    Well don't get me wrong, I do believe in some evolution. I just don't believe in the whole "big bang theory".

I guess I never thought of it like that before.
    Well don't get me wrong, I do believe in some evolution. I just don't believe in the whole "big bang theory".
    How do you believe in "some" evolution?
    Are you aware that the big bang theory and evolution are not the same subject?

The Big Bang, the origins of life, and evolution are in no way related. I don't understand why people conflate them.

Thumbs down

i dont think they covered evolution very well at your private (religious?) school?
    the big bang theory describes the formation of our universe.
    evolution describes the formation of life.

they are completely seperate theories.
    sorry, but you still get an F...or maybe your teachers should?!
    jake24

How do you believe in "some" evolution?
    Are you aware that the big bang theory and evolution are not the same subject?
    Some evolution because things have evolved or adapted to their environment. For example "super-bugs" have evolved from the over use of antibiotics.

But as far as the big bang theory how do you explain how things came about then. Did everything just evolve from one molecule? And where did this one molecule come from?

hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50) hank-williams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    and lets teach all the other creation fairy tales from all the other cultures!

tell you what; lets teach ALL the creation myths in a class called mythology 101. that is the only place that creation should be taught!

Me and the majority of people do not believe it to be a fairy tale. I did not know that about Indians, thanks for the course. Creation and mythology are two different things.

gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000) gumbyonroids is a complete loser! (-2000)

I didn't say using science, genius. I'm just asking, do you KNOW for a fact, God does not exist?

Some evolution because things have evolved or adapted to their environment. For example "super-bugs" have evolved from the over use of antibiotics.
    So then you believe in evolution, again, where are you getting this "some evolution" from?

But as far as the big bang theory how do you explain how things came about then. Did everything just evolve from one molecule? And where did this one molecule come from?
    Again, you are mixing up theories. Evolution does not speak to how life originated, it speaks about how life has changed. Whether life started "naturally", or a "god" started life has no bearing on whether evolution is true or not. Now, the big bang theory however DOES talk about the origin of our present universe. But it does not talk about evolving species.

Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Calhexas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't believe it should be taught as fact...since it hasn't been proven as fact.

But I don't see the harm in teaching it in a religion based class, or even school.

So while I wouldn't make it apart of one's core education, I would not remove it from an academic setting.

I didn't say using science, genius. I'm just asking, do you KNOW for a fact, God does not exist?
    Um, it doesn't matter if you didnt say using science. Science attempts to distinguish what is reality. You can't not use science. I asked a poster to prove that god exists, and the way they would do that it is by using science. Then you replied asking me if I have proven that a god does NOT exist. This would imply that you are assuming that since its not proven that he doesn't exist, that its reasonable to assume that he does, which is not true at all. If this is not what you were implying then I apologize.

To answer your question though, no, I do not "know" for a fact that some god doesn't exist.

Originally Posted by Calhexas View Post
    I don't believe it should be taught as fact...since it hasn't been proven as fact.

But I don't see the harm in teaching it in a religion based class, or even school.

So while I wouldn't make it apart of one's core education, I would not remove it from an academic setting.
    That's the problem with today's schools. They have taken away all the religion because someone may be offended. They don't even say the pledge of alligence anymore. Because it says "one nation under God". Maybe if schools did teach these things kids would have more morals.

ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZexCui will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i am amazed you took the time and have the patience to explain to a 48year old man a concept that any 6th grader should be familiar with!

figure that one out!
    gumbyonroids is most likely a troll, but there are actually many stupid and / or uninformed people out there that believe the **** that he spouts out. so, it may be worth it to respond to gumbyonroid's posts from time to time.

That's the problem with today's schools. They have taken away all the religion because someone may be offended. They don't even say the pledge of alligence anymore. Because it says "one nation under God". Maybe if schools did teach these things kids would have more morals.
    Ugh