Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

HST Cycle 12 - 8 - 5 Reps

I was thinking about either doing a 10,5 cycle for 4 weeks total, or a 12,8,5 cycle for 6 weeks total.

What are the pro's and con's of each? I won't do the 15's because they are nearly pointless unless you feel worn down or an injury coming on, which I don't.

My only problem with the 12,8,5 is that there is a lot of "zig-zagging" with weight poundages. This might help recovery though. I also feel that if you skip the 15's and you only do 4 weeks you are limiting yourself because of such a small time period of the actual workout.

jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would do 15's, but 12-8-5 is perfectly fine to do.
    The routine was written to have a high rep part on purpose. I grew fairly well during the 15 rep weeks.

Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Cp bball3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im thinking of:

12's - 2 set
    8's - 3 sets
    5's - 4 sets

Do you think I would get better gains trying it this way?

jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are a couple of different methods people have used.

12's/15 x 1
    8's/10 x 2
    5's x 3

or week 1 12's/15s x 2, week 2 12's x 1
    week 1 8's x 2, week 2 8's x 1
    week 1 5's x 3, week 2 5's x 2

Personally I prefer the 2nd method, as on the first week of chosen reps the weight is lighter so you can get 2 sets in, and then on the second week when the weight gets close to your RM you only do 1 set (apart from the 5's)

Google HST for plenty of websites with different versions for more details.