View Poll Results: Do you include oats in your diet?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Damn right I do.

23 88.46%
  • Definitely not!

3 11.54%
    dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile The Thread of Oats (and their lovers)

. Mad About Oats!
    Okay, let's face it, when you ask anyone on this forums about their nutrition, diet, etc, at least 80% of them would have included oats in any form into their plan. So this thread is dedicated to oats (of course)!
    But we're not gonna talk about which oat is better, we're gonna talk about how to prepare them! Of course you have the conventional ways to prepare them, but I am sure the people on this forum have lots of interesting (and tasty) ways to prepare them!

. Conventional Way of preparing Oats?
    In case you're wondering what I meant by conventional way of preparing oats, that would be the following:
    1. Weight out the right amount of oats
    2. Boil 200ml of milk or water for every serving of oats
    3. Pour oats into boiling milk/water and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes
    4. Serve
    The above is a typical way of preparing the oats usually shown on the label of the purchased oats. But we want more than that right?

. What to include in a post?
    1. A catchy name for your creation.
    2. A picture (if possible).
    3. Roughly how to prepare the dish.
    4. Nutritional value!
    5. Amount of time required to prepare.
    It would be nice if the creations are all your own

Reps for contributions!
    Clement Sim
    Student Doctor | Fitness Motivator

I believe in maintaining a healthy lifestyle if I expect my patients to do the same.
    Follow me on my fitness journey over at Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clementsimsg/

dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000) dragonoids is just really nice. (+1000)

Okay, let me start the ball rolling.

Cold Duo Cereal
    Okay, so the same sucks (just got it off my mind :P). But as the name suggests, the dish is a combination of oats with another cereal. The cereal I've used is the Post Blueberry Morning cereal! It is a great snack for those who don't like cooked oats or do not have the time to cook them (this can be prepared overnight). Okay, so here's a picture of it:

. Ingredients
    50g of oats
    26g of cereal of choice
    100g of yogurt

. Instructions
    1. Simple mix the above three
    2. Store in the fridge for at least an hour

. Nutritional Value
    Protein: 18g
    Carbohydrates: 137g
    Fats: 9g
    Calories: 701cal

. Estimated Preparation Time 1 hour
    Clement Sim

I believe in maintaining a healthy lifestyle if I expect my patients to do the same.
    Follow me on my fitness journey over at Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/clementsimsg/

AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AndrewWard123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wtf how does that have 137g carbs!?

Originally Posted by AndrewWard123 View Post
    Wtf how does that have 137g carbs!?
    haha, here is a breakdown of the carbs:
    Oats: 56g
    Cereal: 21g
    Yogurt: 40g
    At least according to the labels.
    Clement Sim

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dragonoids View Post
    haha, here is a breakdown of the carbs:
    Oats: 56g
    Cereal: 21g
    Yogurt: 40g
    At least according to the labels.
    Really? There's 56g of carbohydrates in 50g of oats. Amazing.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Really? There's 56g of carbohydrates in 50g of oats. Amazing.
    hmm... seems weird huh? come to think of it. Possible for the label to have a typo? This is rather misleading. lol
    Clement Sim

Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Love oats.

My breakfast nearly every morning is oats or oatbran cooked with skim milk mixed with some natty PB in it. Then topped with some fruit and a little splenda. Hot cereal is the best.

mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10) mc335e is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay, let me start the ball rolling.

Cold Duo Cereal
    Okay, so the same sucks (just got it off my mind :P). But as the name suggests, the dish is a combination of oats with another cereal. The cereal I've used is the Post Blueberry Morning cereal! It is a great snack for those who don't like cooked oats or do not have the time to cook them (this can be prepared overnight). Okay, so here's a picture of it:

. Ingredients
    50g of oats
    26g of cereal of choice
    100g of yogurt

. Instructions
    1. Simple mix the above three
    2. Store in the fridge for at least an hour

. Nutritional Value
    Protein: 18g
    Carbohydrates: 137g
    Fats: 9g
    Calories: 701cal

. Estimated Preparation Time 1 hour
    Where does the dumbass cookie come in to play?

Can i replace it with an Oreo?

EDIT: Btw, I love oats. I blend them up and put them in my shakes. Only I don't have a clever name... I just call it "blended up oats in my shake".
    I'm that guy who gets too in to his music at the gym and starts singing and playing the leg drums without even realizing wtf I'm doing.

Originally Posted by mc335e View Post
    Where does the dumbass cookie come in to play?

Can i replace it with an Oreo?

EDIT: Btw, I love oats. I blend them up and put them in my shakes. Only I don't have a clever name... I just call it "blended up oats in my shake".
    haha, my little nephew put it there when i told him i was gonna take a photo of it
    Clement Sim

Originally Posted by Lion Heart View Post
    Love oats.

My breakfast nearly every morning is oats or oatbran cooked with skim milk mixed with some natty PB in it. Then topped with some fruit and a little splenda. Hot cereal is the best.
    yea, i love warm oats with peanut butter as well! though I only eat them that way when I have the time
    Clement Sim

Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hmm... seems weird huh? come to think of it. Possible for the label to have a typo? This is rather misleading. lol
    Weird?

Possible?

Misleading?

Nope, none of the above seem to fit.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Weird?

Possible?

Misleading?

Nope, none of the above seem to fit.
    meaning?
    Clement Sim

Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000) Lion Heart is just really nice. (+1000)
    yea, i love warm oats with peanut butter as well! though I only eat them that way when I have the time
    Oh man, you got to make the time more. To me it's the perfect breakfast.

The other being this breakfast burrito I make in which I take some egg whites plus one egg, some fat free or low fat cheese, some o'brien potatoes, and some turkey bacon or sausage all mixed up and folded into a whole wheat tortilla.

Scrumptous!

Originally Posted by Lion Heart View Post
    Oh man, you got to make the time more. To me it's the perfect breakfast.

The other being this breakfast burrito I make in which I take some egg whites plus one egg, some fat free or low fat cheese, some o'brien potatoes, and some turkey bacon or sausage all mixed up and folded into a whole wheat tortilla.

Scrumptous!
    OMG! I am getting hungry...
    Clement Sim

meaning?
    hmm... seems weird huh?
    It's not weird, it's impossible.

come to think of it. Possible for the label to have a typo?
    It's not just possible. It's absolutely certain. Unless of course, they have managed to cheat the laws of the universe.

This is rather misleading. lol
    Misleading? Nah, it's just a mistake.
    No sir, I don't like it.