Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Registered User MagneticMilkshake's Avatar
    MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Which is worse. Hurting the rich or hurting the poor?

Would you rather the rich have less money and the poor have needed services like healthcare, ect. Or the rich have more money and the poor to have no healthcare?
    madcow 5x5

Squat 255
    Bench 185
    Military press 130
    Rows 135
    Deadlift 290

prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If u keep feeding poor like this... u will have more poor in future with hands spread out.... and sooner or later there would be more needy than producers and then u will find out the real answer...

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PlayingPokerALongTime View Post
    Would you rather the rich have less money and the poor have needed services like healthcare, ect. Or the rich have more money and the poor to have no healthcare?
    The problem is the majority of the 'poor' are drug addicts, alcoholics, and lazy asses.

And you aren't just 'hurting the rich', your hurting the middle class working Americans.

I'm middle class and have no intentions on taking a giant step backwards and being 'poor'. In fact, I have every intention of one day being rich. Instead of relying on government handouts and waiting around for government aid I'll work hard and invest smart, thnx.

Free healthcare? Bah, not if I gotta pay more taxes. I'd sooner pay the extra for insurance then taxes.
    Last edited by guest89; 09-22-2008 at 10:41 PM.

madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by prady View Post
    If u keep feeding poor like this... u will have more poor in future with hands spread out.... and sooner or later there would be more needy than producers and then u will find out the real answer...
    stop ur overwhelming me with all ur statistics, please stop and give me some opinion based facts

MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50) MagneticMilkshake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by prady View Post
    Thats why you only give the poor a limited amount. Make sure they have their healthcare, food, ect. But all other luxurys should be up to them. A rich person can still have a lot of nice things and at the same time the poor can have all the things needed for survival
    madcow 5x5

Squat 255
    Bench 185
    Military press 130
    Rows 135
    Deadlift 290

madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500) madeinaustralia is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    The problem is the majority of the 'poor' are drug addicts, alcoholics, and lazy asses.

And you aren't just 'hurting the rich', your hurting the middle class working Americans.

I'm middle class and have no intentions on taking a giant step backwards and being 'poor'. In fact, I have every intention of one day being rich.

Free healthcare? Bah, not if I gotta pay more taxes.
    thats the problem with the american dream, everyones worried about when their rich one day. statistically, you havnt got a chance

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by madeinaustralia View Post
    thats the problem with the american dream, everyones worried about when their rich one day. statistically, you havnt got a chance
    Why don't I have a chance? Getting rich requires hard work, luck, and/or intelligence. I know people that are self made millionaires through hard work. I'm pretty damn good with money, I WILL be 'rich' someday through investments and hard work.

Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    Why don't I have a chance? Getting rich requires hard work, luck, and/or intelligence. I know people that are self made millionaires through hard work. I'm pretty damn good with money, I WILL be 'rich' someday through investments and hard work.
    statically you will never be rich, im not saying you havnt got A chance, but statistically its unlikely....

im sure your very bright and capable and it may happen for you

the problem is everybody thinks like this, so everybody worries about the government pinching their money when there gonna be rich,

the problem is most people are never rich, so the middle class misses out

jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thats why you only give the poor a limited amount. Make sure they have their healthcare, food, ect. But all other luxurys should be up to them. A rich person can still have a lot of nice things and at the same time the poor can have all the things needed for survival
    if you provide the poor with free food, housing, healtcare, etc. what incentive is there to work and better youself?

you are already getting everything handed to you on a silver platter.

..i know people think that if you recieve handouts and stay poor that ur just going to be satisfied with this, well consumerism kinda took care of this...

ohh and there is no factual basis to the point that if you give people welfare they will stay on it all their lives...rubbish

Originally Posted by jack90 View Post
    if you provide the poor with free food, housing, healtcare, etc. what incentive is there to work and better youself?

Healthcare: everyone should get. The government needs to take care of its people and make sure they can live. If you cant get healthcare you will die. It makes a lot more since to make it socialized to make sure everyone can get the healthcare they need

Food: I dont think you understand. Food stamps only give certain amounts of certain food. If you want to eat a ton of really good food you are going to have to pay extra no matter how poor you are.

Housing: Im not sure how this works.

You wont be able to find anyone who would actually want to live on the bare minimum of government assistance. Government assistance is never going to offer you everything. It is only going to help you survive. If you actually want to have a good life and not just a life you are going to need to actually find a good job
    madcow 5x5

Squat 255
    Bench 185
    Military press 130
    Rows 135
    Deadlift 290

againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jack90 View Post

how about helping them to master a trade, instead?

jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jack90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You wont be able to find anyone who would actually want to live on the bare minimum of government assistance. Government assistance is never going to offer you everything. It is only going to help you survive. If you actually want to have a good life and not just a life you are going to need to actually find a good job
    While i might not find anyone who dreamss to live on the minimum of government assistance, im pretty sure i will be able to find millions who are content to.

Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would rather see the poor get a job and contribute to society while improving their own standard of living.

Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000) Enso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bnk View Post
    I would rather see the poor get a job and contribute to society while improving their own standard of living.
    You hiring?
    When you get to the top of the mountain, keep climbing

Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Organichu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Uh, I'm pretty sure by poor he doesn't necessarily mean 'starving to death on the streets'. He means unable to pay for healthcare, unable to pay tuition for your children, etc. He means 'not wealthy'. And certainly not all 'not wealthy' people are lazy drug addicts.
    6'2", 191 lbs
    Israeli-American
    2:58:01 marathon
    39:15 10k

prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500) prady is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    stop ur overwhelming me with all ur statistics, please stop and give me some opinion based facts
    statistics is Social security... its getting busted.... and soon its going to be... have u read the fine print on the social security returns form....

In next 10yrs itself they claim it would be giving out more than wat they r taking in. By 2041 its going to be bankrupt.

EIDT: Didnt see ur aussie...

theres a difference between poor and lazy. There's a diff between being poor and entitlement.

And here's another truth, poor people can not help poor people. Its a fact. So when u need help for poor, when they need support u need rich and more rich ppl. Im saying it based on OPs thread. If u hurt the rich u hurt the poor eventually.

Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    You hiring?
    No he isnt but theres no end to jobs in US. Now u might not get a 50k job as poor but they surely can work of $8/hr. Most of them r lazy and have tons of kids for sucking more money.

Im not talkin about disabled. Im talking about lazy loosers. Yes healthcare should be provided and medical benefits shoud be provided. But not a dime outside of that.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The poor are never hurt. They have nothing to lose!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    False dilemma.

As far as I'm concerned hampering the successful just because there are poor people is bull****.
    NSCA-CPT.

maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

You will be mighty repped by me

maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) maynardjames is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Enso View Post
    You hiring?
    LOL

Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000) Bnk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Statistically, anyone who is smart and concerned enough about the issues that effect their lives to spend time posting on a political forum has a very good chance of living the American dream, and the nice thing about America is that it can/will happen overnight with one good career or business move.

Statistically u dont have a chance of being valedictorian...

Statistically u dont have a chance to be in olympics or be in Aussie cricket team.

Anything which is performance driven cant be compared. Being rich in society is a symbol of excellence in economic sector. So like other things even here the count of rich would be way less than others who r avg. Just like out of millions of ppl theres only 1 person who wins a gold at olympics.

So u cant be rich if u look at statistics and try to decide.

statically you will never be rich, im not saying you havnt got A chance, but statistically its unlikely....

im sure your very bright and capable and it may happen for you

the problem is everybody thinks like this, so everybody worries about the government pinching their money when there gonna be rich,

the problem is most people are never rich, so the middle class misses out
    if u work ur guts out and be rich then it would pinch u aswell if govt takes ur money. I think its the stories like Robinhood which have potrayed rich as bad and greedy ppl.

When u make $30k and file 100s of tax deductibles u dont even care. Try making a million bucks and they take out $400k before even u can touch ur money and u automatically know who to vote for.
    Last edited by prady; 09-23-2008 at 01:11 AM.

Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Violator009 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    option 1
    * RedMeat Crew *

.:: Misc Cologne Crew ::.

.:Foot Fetish Club:.

@-@Someone in my fruit cellar Crew@-@

Aut vincere aut mori randomhero97's Avatar
    randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Which option means less or no money being taken out of my pocket?
    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

- Samuel Adams

Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lex Luthor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why exactly does this have to be a binary decision? Are politicians just not capable of running this country when everyone pays the same tax rate? If you ask me this sort of thing is just rhetoric meant to polarize...

This may sound stupid but...

Why not just have everyone pay the exact same income tax rate? I would think that since rich people tend to purchase/invest more the govt. could make enough money through sales tax, property taxes, etc.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 09-23-2008 at 01:37 AM.
    JFM - Jacked Fibra Mafia - WE RUN THE GYM!!

1st Leftenent

Aut vincere aut mori randomhero97's Avatar
    randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) randomhero97 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    This may sound stupid but...

Why not just have everyone pay the exact same income tax rate? I would think that since rich people tend to purchase/invest more the govt. could make enough money through sales tax, property taxes, etc.
    Well, I'm glad you asked.

http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer
    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

- Samuel Adams