jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Angry Getting frustrated.... what am I doing wrong?

Ok, I've been on an exercise program for the past two months that includes 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. I mainly want to get some muscle tone, but mostly get rid of the excess fat.

I know that cardio and diet are the key to losing weight, so I've been trying to work on both. For cardio, I run 3 days per week, 3 miles (varying the intensity) each time out at the park by my apartment.

As far as diet, I just cut out all the stuff that I could. I don't drink sodas, I don't put cheese or mayo on any of my sandwiches, I try to avoid sugar, drink lots of water, etc.

For the first few weeks, I noticed a significant difference in my fat/muscle ratio. I was starting to firm up and a good bit of fat kind of melted away. For the past few weeks, though, it just kind of STOPPED. I'm still building muscle, but I'm not losing any more fat.... it's just staying exactly the same. No matter how lean my diet is or how much cardio I do.... it will not go away.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I try to eat things like turkey sandwiches (no cheese or mayo, wheat bread), baked potatos, oatmeal, chicken breasts, etc. I don't see how I can get a better diet. Maybe eating more (but smaller) meals? Maybe using a fat-burning supplement? I don't know what to do. I'm kind of just "stuck" at the moment.

scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Metabolism has adjusted itself to your caloric intake. Vary intensity of exercise, do a bit of carb-cycling. Time your carbs better, throw in an ECA, etc.

jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jread has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by scotty2
    Metabolism has adjusted itself to your caloric intake. Vary intensity of exercise, do a bit of carb-cycling. Time your carbs better, throw in an ECA, etc.
    Thanks for the reply. Two questions:

What is Carb-cycling?

What is an ECA?

scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000) scotty2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by jread
    Thanks for the reply. Two questions:

What is Carb-cycling?

What is an ECA?
    Carb-cyling involves manipulating your carb intake to keep your body guessing, so it does not adjust. For instance, 2 days 200g, 1 day 100g. As for an ECA, do a search(ephedra, caffeine)

scoochydawg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy

I am having the same exact thing happen to me. I lost about 11lbs in a month and the passed 3 weeks it STOPPED. I Dont know what Im doing wrong, I was on a roll, cardio 5 days a week. low carb high protein, now it stopped. Im so mad. What is up with that, what should I do?

Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000) Westies is just really nice. (+1000)

Wink Re: Getting frustrated.... what am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by jread
    Ok, I've been on an exercise program for the past two months that includes 3 days of weight training and 3 days of cardio. I mainly want to get some muscle tone, but mostly get rid of the excess fat.

I know that cardio and diet are the key to losing weight, so I've been trying to work on both. For cardio, I run 3 days per week, 3 miles (varying the intensity) each time out at the park by my apartment.

As far as diet, I just cut out all the stuff that I could. I don't drink sodas, I don't put cheese or mayo on any of my sandwiches, I try to avoid sugar, drink lots of water, etc.

For the first few weeks, I noticed a significant difference in my fat/muscle ratio. I was starting to firm up and a good bit of fat kind of melted away. For the past few weeks, though, it just kind of STOPPED. I'm still building muscle, but I'm not losing any more fat.... it's just staying exactly the same. No matter how lean my diet is or how much cardio I do.... it will not go away.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I try to eat things like turkey sandwiches (no cheese or mayo, wheat bread), baked potatos, oatmeal, chicken breasts, etc. I don't see how I can get a better diet. Maybe eating more (but smaller) meals? Maybe using a fat-burning supplement? I don't know what to do. I'm kind of just "stuck" at the moment.

I was in almost the same situation. After I tore up my knee, I gained like 30 pounds of fat. Then I started lifting, cardio, basketball all that good stuff almost everyday. I ate semi healthy, ie no sodas, low fat stuff, no sweets. I was good shape, lost about 20 pounds, but I hit a platuea at around 215ish.

What ya got to do is shock your body, I've been on Keto for the last 5 weeks or so, since then I've lost like 6 pounds of PURE FAT. I look bigger and leaner, vains popin out of nowhere(MUHAHAH), my strength has increased(my bench went up like 30 pounds). Some of us got screwed with genetics, like you and me, so we have to be extra strict with our diets. Try Keto out for a few months, if you do it right, I'm extremely positive you'll pleased with the results. k, peace
    When you hesitate, you act as if you are immortal

Re: Re: Getting frustrated.... what am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by Westies
    I was in almost the same situation. After I tore up my knee, I gained like 30 pounds of fat. Then I started lifting, cardio, basketball all that good stuff almost everyday. I ate semi healthy, ie no sodas, low fat stuff, no sweets. I was good shape, lost about 20 pounds, but I hit a platuea at around 215ish.

What ya got to do is shock your body, I've been on Keto for the last 5 weeks or so, since then I've lost like 6 pounds of PURE FAT. I look bigger and leaner, vains popin out of nowhere(MUHAHAH), my strength has increased(my bench went up like 30 pounds). Some of us got screwed with genetics, like you and me, so we have to be extra strict with our diets. Try Keto out for a few months, if you do it right, I'm extremely positive you'll pleased with the results. k, peace
    Thanks... will give it a go