corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I hate lifting..

I've been doing weight training for 6 months, my aim is simply for a flat, tight stomach, preferably with some clear abs. It doesn't sound like much of a goal but for years I've been insecure about my tummy and I won't be happy until it is totally flat/'toned'.

I loved lifting but now I have started to hate it, I dont know why but I just cant stand the thought of it anymore, I've tried switching routines but I've accepted that I just don't enjoy it anymore.

Btw I'm doing keto to try speed things up.

I think I have the worst metabolism ever. I even went through a year of eating 500 cals a day with exercise and lost only 2 inches from my waist. (I'm past that now though). I see progress way slower than I should be. I dont want to go into nutrition details because I've already asked question after question about it and came to the conclusion that keto is my best try.

Anyway, if I did full body workouts (I enjoy fb more than a split) 3 times a week (I currently do 5 times) and did cardio every day would I still be able to achieve my goals?

BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by corzzx View Post
    I've been doing weight training for 6 months, my aim is simply for a flat, tight stomach, preferably with some clear abs. It doesn't sound like much of a goal but for years I've been insecure about my tummy and I won't be happy until it is totally flat/'toned'.

I loved lifting but now I have started to hate it, I dont know why but I just cant stand the thought of it anymore, I've tried switching routines but I've accepted that I just don't enjoy it anymore.

I think I have the worst metabolism ever. I even went through a year of eating 500 cals a day with exercise and lost only 2 inches from my waist. (I'm past that now though). I see progress way slower than I should be. I dont want to go into nutrition details because I've already asked question after question about it and came to the conclusion that keto is my best try.

Anyway, if I did full body workouts (I enjoy fb more than a split) 3 times a week (I currently do 5 times) and did cardio every day would I still be able to achieve my goals?

I did Keto for just over a month and I noticed a loss in strength while on it. I'm back on 40/40/20 now and I am much happier in the gym and noticing my strength is improving again (which makes lifting much more fun!). I honestly didn't lose any weight on keto. Not even water weight...which I thought was weird. I missed my oatmeal and fruit though...and everything else that makes eating clean somewhat fun! Maybe it's the keto that's bringing you down in the gym...? Just a thought....

Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hmmm...what's your diet like? Getting abs is mostly the result of a clean diet & secondly having enough muscle underneath to show through.

Were you seriously only eating 500 cals a day? Beause honestly that's just ridiculous...sorry but you are going to wreak your metabolism. At your weight/height you should be consuming a min of at least a 1000 calories just to live.

Your body probably went into starvation mode which is why you only lost 2 inches. Sorry if that's harsh but if you eat balanced meals you will see more results.

BTW you can def see ab definition. You look great. Just eat more & as for your question about training. 3 full body workouts a week is plenty. 5 days doesn't give your muscle enough time to recover.
    Live, laugh, Love.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you enjoy doing fb workouts then do them. Why do you do cardio every day and how long are your sessions? You're quite lean already and I personally don't feel the keto diet is the best choice for you. I think it works better for people that need to drop higher amounts of bodyfat...jmo.

All I can say is just make sure you're getting the right amount of calories in your eating plan. Your eating plan gets you results...not how your training and or how much cardio you do.

Stay focused you look great!!

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes.

It sounds like you might be a little overtrained and need a break.

Make sure what you are doing matches your goals-don't just do things to do them. That will make you unhappy.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10) corzzx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm so frustrated, my body just won't respond to anything, my strength has increase quite a bit which I'm happy with, but no fat loss. Could it be that it's just going to happen extra slow because I don't have a lot at all to lose?

To those saying that keto isn't the right choice, the reason I'm trying keto (i've only been doing it for 2 weeks) is just because I have tried high carb and low carb and cylcing carbs but my body isn't changing at all.. So I don't know what to do. I currently eat between 1300-1500 cals depending on how active my day is. I eat very clean, too.

Originally Posted by Iron_Sweetie View Post
    hmmm...what's your diet like? Getting abs is mostly the result of a clean diet & secondly having enough muscle underneath to show through.

Were you seriously only eating 500 cals a day? Beause honestly that's just ridiculous...sorry but you are going to wreak your metabolism. At your weight/height you should be consuming a min of at least a 1000 calories just to live.

Your body probably went into starvation mode which is why you only lost 2 inches. Sorry if that's harsh but if you eat balanced meals you will see more results.

BTW you can def see ab definition. You look great. Just eat more & as for your question about training. 3 full body workouts a week is plenty. 5 days doesn't give your muscle enough time to recover.

yeah I already know that that was rediculous, I hate saying it but I basically had an eating disorder. That was over a year ago though and my metabolism should be getting back to normal by now, surely?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When you tried the high carb, low carb, carb cycling...were you getting the right calories/macro breakdowns and did you give your body enough time to adjust?

If I had to guess it would be that your macro breakdown was off and you kept changing up your eating plan too frequently.

The leaner you get, the harder it is to lose that little remaining bodyfat...

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    One year may not be long enough. Especially if you are doing so much cardio and playing with your diet too much.

It's coming on fall season. Take advantage of the more clothing weather and get some stability. Go back to the full body workouts, drop the cardio, and eat so that you can maintain your current fat level. Play with your diet as little as possible. This will help stabilize your metabolism, allow you to find your maintenance level, build muscle, and de-stress your body.

You're fighting your body right now and it's fighting back while your mind is going nuts. Yes you will have to ignore any body fat you have, which is the hard part. But without some stability you're probably not going to go anywhere. Come March you can add in some cardio and see how your body reacts before dropping any calories. Just keep telling yourself you're doing a conservative, but healing "bulk".

SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000) SophieM is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So, we're about the same height and weight. I eat almost TWICE as much as you do though and I'm looking leaner every day. I'm eating about 50% fat, 20-25% protein, and 25-30% carbs. Weird ratios I know, but it's working for me.

I looked at your pics and you DO have abs, as others have said. You look lean already so I'm not sure what you want to commplish. I think to see more abs, you're going to have to gain more muscle which means eating to support that.

As for restricting your calories so low a year ago, your metabolism cuold vey well still be recovering depending on how long you were starving yourself. I was hospitalized with anorexia in summer of 2005 and I'd say my metabolism is back to normal, and maybe even faster now, but it took a while.
    Me vs. Me: Lifting with UCTD: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170084343

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To me, it sounds like overtraining. Take a week or two off, actually, take as long as there are absolutely no DOMs left, and then 3-4 days extra. During this period, you can do cardio but only every other day, and nothing that's demanding for muscles (eg, no HIIT, no sprints, no stationary bike/stepper), in one word... take it easy. During this time, adjust your diet to lesser calorie requirement, but stay within maintenance or just a tiny bit below.

Then, devise a new workout routine, do cardio on non w/o days and start again... I've read somewhere a nice word play, "There's a HUGE difference between training and draining, but it's easy to mistake one for the other". I've been careful with my spelling since, and it's been REALLY helpful.

Also, don't worry about "lagging off" your training. Personally, I do a rest week like this every 4-5 weeks, and then a rest month every summer. I never look back, lose anything (except some strength during that month off), and I never have any problems. Others will correct me if I'm wrong, but one day/week/month won't make you, so one day/week/month won't break you, either. Remember, body grows when resting...
    Last edited by TurbulentFluid; 09-23-2008 at 04:32 AM.

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron_Sweetie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm so frustrated, my body just won't respond to anything, my strength has increase quite a bit which I'm happy with, but no fat loss. Could it be that it's just going to happen extra slow because I don't have a lot at all to lose?

To those saying that keto isn't the right choice, the reason I'm trying keto (i've only been doing it for 2 weeks) is just because I have tried high carb and low carb and cylcing carbs but my body isn't changing at all.. So I don't know what to do. I currently eat between 1300-1500 cals depending on how active my day is. I eat very clean, too.

yeah I already know that that was rediculous, I hate saying it but I basically had an eating disorder. That was over a year ago though and my metabolism should be getting back to normal by now, surely?
    Glad to hear you are eating more & know that your previous behavior was self destructive. Definitely a step in the right direction!

I think you have gotten some good advice. You dont want to drop your calories too low, especially since you already starved your body for a year. Your best bet IMO would be to eat at maintenance/slightly above, build up a little muscle and then go from there. Dont be afraid of getting bulky, it wont happen. I wish I knew what I know now years ago about weight training. Everything starts looking better with a little muscle tone.

I also agree you might be over training...make sure you schedule in rest days as well as a week off every few months. (I know this is hard, Im struggling with this myself)

Good luck
    Last edited by Iron_Sweetie; 09-23-2008 at 09:26 AM.
    Live, laugh, Love.

spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Sounds like you are overtraining, more is not better. Full body 5 times a week plus not enough calories puts the body in a survival mode and you will not see changes. Priorities are nutrition, resistance training, then cardio.

aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

you have a nice body. for your tummy i think clean diet and continue doing your fb wkouts. i've seen great results on my abs with a clean diet and i've been doing knee ups sets of 20. in 3 wks of doing this i lost 2 inches.
    MS V

I don't agree when people think they're overtraining because 90% of the time, they're not. If anything your body is tired because your calories have been way too low for way too long...6 months is not even close to giving yourself enough time...

spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spefitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I don't agree when people think they're overtraining because 90% of the time, they're not. If anything your body is tired because your calories have been way too low for way too long...6 months is not even close to giving yourself enough time...
    Once you bring calories up where they should be and not overtrain, a body will immediately respond and changes happen.

ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I agree

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    If I don't eat enough I look like crap and feel bloated and tired and depressed

change your music on your ipod and eat thoughout the day so your never hungry
    Last edited by ToraAdams; 09-27-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: i forgot something

Red face overtraining

I overtrained many times getting ready for a bodybuilding competition in the past doing too much cardio. I ate clean constantly and trained hard. cardio was up to 90 minutes a day, split in a morn and eve session. It took 8 to 12 weeks to lose 5 to 7 pounds and get to 4% bodyfat. I was a bitch but i won everytime. I tried too hard and did too much. Now the past years without trying too hard and overtraining, I can get lean and ripped in half the time with no more than 60 to 70 minutes in the gym Thats about 40 min resistance training and 20 min HIIt cardio 5 days a week. Nutrition is most important without deprivation, i have my cake and sweets and still walk around with six pack abs every month of the year.

Red face

If you loved lifting before, you will love it again. get in the gym, make it fun by doing different workouts week by week. Give yourself an hour and be done. Resistance train first then cardio. Eat balanced meals every 2 to 3 hours and watch what happens to your body.

"everyone has a six pack, you just have to get to a lower bodyfat percentage to see those abs"