Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Damn, my GF's cousin...(16 year old PH story)

My GF's cousin is 16. A while back he said he was using some "hard" stuff and wasn't sure if he was supposed to be using something like that. I told him to get me the name of it, and he said that he would. Back then, he told me, "Oh, I found the name, it's Anabolic Halo." I lol'd and moved on.

Well, his dad was talking to me this weekend asking me if I could work up a diet/training plan and write down some supplements I felt he should take. (I was going to go with a multi, creatine, protein, fish oil, etc. and get him started right.)

Today I asked for his weight, height, previous supplements, etc. and he said he couldn't remember the name of these pills his dad got for him. He said, "They are supposed to be close to the edge of what is legal and what isn't." He said the same thing about Anabolic Halo, so I expected like NanoX Hardcore or whatever it is...

He brings me out four empty bottles:

The Ultimate Mass Stack by AMS...

1-Andro, Decavol, 4-AD, Arom-X

I didn't want to call his dad an idiot right there, so I just told him he probably shouldn't be taking those and left him at that. I want to talk to him about it and ask how long ago it was, how he's feeling (shutdown, etc.) but I don't know what all to ask him as even thought I know a lot about supplements, my PH knowledge isn't very extensive.

Halp!

Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000) Bobaroo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any info on the dosages, how long it was ran for etc etc?
    Eat Big. Lift Big. Get Big

SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A trip to the doctor and bloodwork would be a responsible thing to do, only way to know if any damage has been done.

Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berserker_Titan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go to T-Nation's PH section. Read the stickies, full of info.
    Lift, Grow, Conquer.

MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBSowards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bobaroo View Post
    Any info on the dosages, how long it was ran for etc etc?
    I will try to get it, most likely he just followed the advice on the bottle. (I am not close to him or anything by any means, I have just talked to him about basic stuff a couple of times. When he said he was using Anabolic Halo I just kinda laughed and moved on, he had never mentioned this stuff before.)

Originally Posted by AverageJ0E View Post
    A trip to the doctor and bloodwork would be a responsible thing to do, only way to know if any damage has been done.
    Yeah, I was going to ask how he felt directly afterwards and all of that and tell him that. Do I just need to tell him, "Look what you took wasn't just "not good" for you, but it could have been very bad go to the doc and get bloodwork?

Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When did he use that stuff?

I would explain to the dad you went and research about it and they are in fact steroids/prohormones, but it may not be the kids fault as they are completely legal, available OTC and not very clearly labeled that they are steroids (even though there is the age warning).

I would follow to tell him at his age it COULD (not will, because thats just not true!) cause future problems and the best option is to go to the doctor get full bloodwork panel and explain to the doctor what he took.

Originally Posted by Androgen View Post
    When did he use that stuff?

I would explain to the dad you went and research about it and they are in fact steroids/prohormones, but it may not be the kids fault as they are completely legal, available OTC and not very clearly labeled that they are steroids (even though there is the age warning).

I would follow to tell him at his age it COULD (not will, because thats just not true!) cause future problems and the best option is to go to the doctor get full bloodwork panel and explain to the doctor what he took.
    Good advice. And as far as I can tell the dad is the one that got them for him. He is the type of dad pushing him to try to be the best and the biggest (for football) and although I am sure his dad didn't get him something like that on purpose, he is completely uneducated about products, etc. (hence not even knowing me that well and wanting me to get him set up to bulk up in the off season)

Also, not sure when he took them, but they were empty bottles. I am going to search him on myspace or something and talk to him more about all of this. Just need to figure out what to say/how to handle it/etc.

Like I said, I don't really know the kid that well, just lookin out for him as much as I can now...

SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SplashN96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MBSowards View Post

Yeah, I was going to ask how he felt directly afterwards and all of that and tell him that. Do I just need to tell him, "Look what you took wasn't just "not good" for you, but it could have been very bad go to the doc and get bloodwork?
    Pass on to his dad that you have heard that some of the supps his son took could potentially permanently harm him and tell him to take a trip to the doctor to get his blood taken and test/lipids/etc. checked (something along those lines) Insurance would probably cover it and it's the best fix for this problem, at 16 he wouldn't even know if he felt shutdown really I don't think.

Now I am reading up on the products, DecaVol is bunk perhaps? Anyone know anything about the others? Regardless should I have him get checked out anyway?

darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im guessing this guy would stop growing in height

Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Androgen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good advice. And as far as I can tell the dad is the one that got them for him. He is the type of dad pushing him to try to be the best and the biggest (for football) and although I am sure his dad didn't get him something like that on purpose, he is completely uneducated about products, etc. (hence not even knowing me that well and wanting me to get him set up to bulk up in the off season)

Also, not sure when he took them, but they were empty bottles. I am going to search him on myspace or something and talk to him more about all of this. Just need to figure out what to say/how to handle it/etc.

Like I said, I don't really know the kid that well, just lookin out for him as much as I can now...
    Maybe tell your GF and get her to explain it to her uncle and cousin?

Now I am reading up on the products, DecaVol is bunk perhaps? Anyone know anything about the others? Regardless should I have him get checked out anyway?
    I'd still get him tested 100%

Originally Posted by darknessWithin View Post
    Im guessing this guy would stop growing in height
    I HIGHLY doubt it. I would eat my hat if he did.

jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000) jeremyleinen is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would...

Its unbelievable the way some parents are these days- pushing sports on their kids like that.

Originally Posted by Androgen View Post
    Maybe tell your GF and get her to explain it to her uncle and cousin?

I'd still get him tested 100%
    Yeah I am going to talk to my GF's mom and have her make sure he gets tested (my gf's mom is practically like this kid's mom.)

Originally Posted by jeremyleinen View Post
    i would...

Its unbelievable the way some parents are these days- pushing sports on their kids like that.
    Yeah it's pretty sad. We went to his game on Friday and his dad was there, and he was yelling each play.

darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darknessWithin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    wouldnt pro hormones/steroids close the growth plates

obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obmas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what are the kid's stats?
    --------------------- ϞϞ( ๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑). ---------------------
    --- Still-plays-PokemonGo-in-2022 Crew ---

Originally Posted by obmas View Post
    what are the kid's stats?
    Like...5'5" 155 or so.

Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000) Obnoxious123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by darknessWithin View Post
    wouldnt pro hormones/steroids close the growth plates
    this hasnt been proven, really

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Although you don't want to, I'd straight-up call his dad an idiot. Maybe not so caustically, but it'd certainly be implied. How else are you going to convince him to get this kid's blood work done? To recommend a doctor's visit would be to indicate that something could be seriously wrong. We can speculate as to damage done, but labs are what will indicate what is wrong, if at all, and what needs to be done. It's a ****ty situation with a very inconvenient solution, unfortunately.

As an aside, when I was 16 I remember being irritated that my mother demanded to know the ins and outs of creatine and whey protein supplementation. At the time it was nothing short of acrimonious on my ego, but in a mere six years of retrospective thought I'm now very glad she scrutinized my decisions for what I wanted to put in my body so readily, especially since this was in the heyday of prohormones.
    Last edited by Serpens Aeon; 09-21-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    "Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter stuff."
    -- Yukio Mishima

"[T]here is no inner man, man is in the world, and only in the world does he know himself."
    -- Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Crossing the Rubicon Serpens Aeon's Avatar
    Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000) Serpens Aeon is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Obnoxious123 View Post
    this hasnt been proven, really
    My knowledge on this subject is surface at best, but from what I understand there is sound theory to suggest that steroidal hormone use in such a developmental stage can have adverse affects not only upon anthropometric growth, but more significantly upon brain development.
    "Glory, as anyone knows, is bitter stuff."
    -- Yukio Mishima

"[T]here is no inner man, man is in the world, and only in the world does he know himself."
    -- Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Originally Posted by Serpens Aeon View Post
    My knowledge on this subject is surface at best, but from what I understand there is sound theory to suggest that steroidal hormone use in such a developmental stage can have adverse affects not only upon anthropometric growth, but more significantly upon brain development.
    I agree

So any more thoughts?

Any more comments surrounding the "bunkness" of these products?

I know that AMS has some reps and I don't want to claim their products are bunk, but if they are that would make me feel pretty awesome right about now, lol.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    stupid GF's uncle you have.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    stupid GF's uncle you have.
    Yeah that. He meant well I think, but really knew NOTHING about products. He was telling me he got him something "as close to illegal as products can be." that turned out to be Anabolic Halo, and then I find out all of the sudden he had him take this ****.

yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yeashescool is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My GF's cousin is 16. A while back he said he was using some "hard" stuff and wasn't sure if he was supposed to be using something like that. I told him to get me the name of it, and he said that he would. Back then, he told me, "Oh, I found the name, it's Anabolic Halo." I lol'd and moved on.

Well, his dad was talking to me this weekend asking me if I could work up a diet/training plan and write down some supplements I felt he should take. (I was going to go with a multi, creatine, protein, fish oil, etc. and get him started right.)

Today I asked for his weight, height, previous supplements, etc. and he said he couldn't remember the name of these pills his dad got for him. He said, "They are supposed to be close to the edge of what is legal and what isn't." He said the same thing about Anabolic Halo, so I expected like NanoX Hardcore or whatever it is...

He brings me out four empty bottles:

The Ultimate Mass Stack by AMS...

1-Andro, Decavol, 4-AD, Arom-X

I didn't want to call his dad an idiot right there, so I just told him he probably shouldn't be taking those and left him at that. I want to talk to him about it and ask how long ago it was, how he's feeling (shutdown, etc.) but I don't know what all to ask him as even thought I know a lot about supplements, my PH knowledge isn't very extensive.

Halp!

Those products are bottles of placebo, dont worry too much bro, they'll do nothing, the name is misleading, yes but we sell these at my work, and they are garbage. look up the products for yourself if you do not believe me

drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) drxmn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Like...5'5" 155 or so.
    i hope he doesnt end up like someone else here and stay short for the rest of his life because of underage use...

it could be worse, he could be using some pre workout supplement with M1t or SD in it and have no idea and not get any help for it. Like everyone said get him to a doc at the least.
    God bless/science be with our military

Originally Posted by yeashescool View Post
    Those products are bottles of placebo, dont worry too much bro, they'll do nothing, the name is misleading, yes but we sell these at my work, and they are garbage. look up the products for yourself if you do not believe me
    Like I said, I saw some people calling them bunk but I haven't looked into them completely yet, (outside of at their store page.)

I am going to research them now, I have just been pretty busy since I came home, too busy to dig into any searches, etc. Thanks though, that type of post puts me at ease a little for his sake.

Originally Posted by babolat06 View Post
    i hope he doesnt end up like someone else here and stay short for the rest of his life because of underage use...

it could be worse, he could be using some pre workout supplement with M1t or SD in it and have no idea and not get any help for it. Like everyone said get him to a doc at the least.
    There really is no proof of this. And the theory applies to aromatizable steroids in large doses (no OTC compounds are a worry about this). For it to have any affect on growth plates I would think he would need a couple of test cycles, not a few short OTC cycles.

As Serpens Aeon said the main worries are brain development IMO

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by babolat06 View Post

listen bro 5'7.5 is not that bad of a height..but 5'5" would suck.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    listen bro 5'7.5 is not that bad of a height..but 5'5" would suck.
    BTW who is the person in question?