goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500) goingdumb247 is not very helpful. (-500)

How does 24 hour fitness work!???? help please!!!

i understand that you start at a certain pay/hr, and you get some kind of commission from what training packages you sell, but when you're not training someone or selling someting, you dont get paid? how do u make sure you're putting in a full days hrs worth of work to get the money you need when you're not getting paid the whole time? please help clear this up for me.

also, do you get paid during the time you sit down with someone and are trying to sell them something even if you dont end up making a sale??

ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProteinGram48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i would also like to know this

timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timperry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe they are like the rest of the commercial gyms.

They will provide you some floor time, which is your time to go out, meet people in the gym and hopefully make an appt to make a sale. They pay you minimum wage for this and they only give you a few hours a week. If your not producing they take some or all of your floor time hours back

Other than that, you only get paid to train. You can sit there all day for 12 hours, not make a sale, not train anyone, and you won't get paid

They will not pay you for just sitting around.

Maybe an actual 24hr trainer can chime in

Goodygrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok...there is a base pay for working on the floor. For every certification you have you get paid more. They give you clients but you have to keep them and obtain more. If you perform, they will put you on the up's list and if not, you will not get clients. You have to train so many sessions and sell training and supplements or you will be written up. This is a job for someone who can sell training...if not they will take the fun out of personal training. The training part is done from a computer. They want all their trainers to train the same way. You enter the clients goals and weight into the system and it tells you what exercises to give that client. As far as selling, you have to schedule so many sessions that are designed to sell training and you have to sell or be written up. 24 hour will hire anyone and I use to work there. I just workout there now and I get so mad because they hire people who can't train. Recently I saw a female trainer training an obese client and the girl had the client sitting there doing a balancing act for over 1/2 an hour. It's a good place to start but then pull your clients out and take the to a studio. I don't agree with How they want the trainers to train. Also the trainers sell supplements that are FULL of sugar and these are given to the obese clients. The supplements are a scam and it's just job security for the trainers.

blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Goodygrl View Post
    ok...there is a base pay for working on the floor. For every certification you have you get paid more. They give you clients but you have to keep them and obtain more. If you perform, they will put you on the up's list and if not, you will not get clients. You have to train so many sessions and sell training and supplements or you will be written up. This is a job for someone who can sell training...if not they will take the fun out of personal training. The training part is done from a computer. They want all their trainers to train the same way. You enter the clients goals and weight into the system and it tells you what exercises to give that client. As far as selling, you have to schedule so many sessions that are designed to sell training and you have to sell or be written up. 24 hour will hire anyone and I use to work there. I just workout there now and I get so mad because they hire people who can't train. Recently I saw a female trainer training an obese client and the girl had the client sitting there doing a balancing act for over 1/2 an hour. It's a good place to start but then pull your clients out and take the to a studio. I don't agree with How they want the trainers to train. Also the trainers sell supplements that are FULL of sugar and these are given to the obese clients. The supplements are a scam and it's just job security for the trainers.
    Wow. 24 is getting worse hahahahaha, they actually write you up?? hahahaha

What a joke

I have maybe seen 4 good trainers at 24 hour fitness. Their turnover rate is horrible. They are going down the tube fast. They hire anyone and they just suck. They actually hire people without certs and then train them for a week and give them an APEX certification. It so bad!

godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thats a terrible freaking gym i just got into a golds and i swear to god ive never been treated this good at a gym before....i liked my previous gym but i can definitely tell who really wanted me to succeed and who didn't give two ****s.
    You Have To Sacrifice What You Are, For What You Will Become.

I rep back!

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified - 10 years

Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: @Understarmor
    ********: Paul Starnes Fitness

blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) blapblapblow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by godevs4ever View Post
    thats a terrible freaking gym i just got into a golds and i swear to god ive never been treated this good at a gym before....i liked my previous gym but i can definitely tell who really wanted me to succeed and who didn't give two ****s.
    They want you to succeed in making the management more money, not helping clients

godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes because getting members personal trainers doesnt both help the management AND the member get in shape. I should've thought of that /sarcasm.
    You Have To Sacrifice What You Are, For What You Will Become.

I rep back!

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified - 10 years

Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: @Understarmor
    ********: Paul Starnes Fitness

mximus2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't obese people need to improve balance so they can progress towards more resistance and cardio type training without hurting themselves??

not for almost an entire session! Obese people need to move! More you move the more you will lose. They need to be doing step ups and things to make them work. How many calories does balancing on a big 1 inch thick foam square burn for almost an entire session??

onealkp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am a personal trainer at 24. and honestly i thought some of the same things you guys did till i learned more about it. i was ignorant as you guys are now. no offense. they do put people through a certification course. but it is quite interesting. i think of my self to be pretty knowledgeable and i still learned a lot. it was a good experience. and we get paid more for the more certifications we have. we have over 4 trainers who have been training for over 6 years, they all have over like 15 certifications and a degree in kinesiology. so just some words of advice its bad to shame the trainers when a great deal of them know a lot more than you think..

oh and we put people through phases of workouts. meaning stabilization, strength and so on. so they can perform the exercises right. and trust me i do stabilization exercises my self and its hard stuff. lol.

so just dont put down someones elses game you know.

mtorres1445 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used to be a trainer at 24, it went like this when i was there...you got a flat rate of pay which was min wage, and when you trained you were payed a training rate based on how many certs you have, i had 2 so roughly made around 16.00 when i had a 50 min session this varies for 30 min sessions, you also make a commission on what packages and supps you sell...when your not training, and your on the clock (which management does not like cause you eat into their fit budget) you get min wage, those off-training hours are used to meet clients and police up the weightroom or call people to solicit for training. This all depends on how your gym does also, i worked at a gym in a ****ty neighborhood...and people wouldnt spend their life savings on training, so they cut our hours to only training hours...they cut everyones hours, and actually all the trainers eventually quit and when i quit i gave 2 hours notice so when i left, my clients all left as well...24 hour used to be good for trainers, but now, its only good if your making money for them...they even let the porters go, and some maintenance techs...now you have a smelly gym that has 40 treadmills but only 5 work...and if you dont meet your sales goals you get reprimanded....it used to be about helping people acheive their goals, but now you can only get there if you have the money too....and dont get me started on the bodybugg bs....

i agree with the phase thing as well, but thats client specific...

but the programs that 24 puts people through are a joke....they want you to foam roll everyone for 45 min of a 50 min session and tell them they need to spend another 1499 to get more foam rolling done....all that massage with no happy ending!!! gimme a break...when i was there i we all designed our own workouts and the weight flew off for everyone

and just cause you have a degree in kinesiology doesnt mean squat,,,it means that dropped 50 grand on an education you couldve gotten for a 1.50 in late charges at the public library.....thanks matt damon!!

and having a degree in kinesiology only counts as one cert....the same as ACE which is a joke cert that i passed with no study

foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10) foster_tg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    24 is good for starting off in PT. Once you have the training and get the fitnesse in dealing with people. Decide what's right for you.

I moved on because of referrals from ex-wives of professional sports stars here in Houston. Women felt comfortable with me. I had some men as clients too who were in their 40s who still cared about their looks and body.

You got to find your niche market and go for it. That way, you'll be happy and the money will be good.

hattrickinc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go to 24hour in boynton beach, Florida, and in my opinion, I've seen only 2 guys that know what their talking about.

One of the guys works there during the night shift, and is the front desk welcome guy.. but when there's no one coming in, he's alllll around the gym, perfecting peoples form and spoting them and showing people new routines. + he LOOKS like he knows what he's talking about, so people trust them. almost 100% of the time, when he's done with people, people ask HIM if he trains on the side, and thats how he drums up business- never mentioning it himself.

go there during lunch and count the mickyD's soda cups.. so sad..