timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

My new bulking diet..please review

Hi all, I have been slowly evoling my new bulking diet. I work a 9-5 office job and I do my workouts during my lunch break (1 hour). The fact that I'm at work means that I'm restricted in preparation times. Therefore, all the meals listed below that I eat during the day time are pre-prepared and just need to be heated up etc.

I'm 5'10, 168 pounds. My maintenance calorie amount is around 2500.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas/suggestions regarding it.

Meal 1 / breakfast:
    1/2 cup of Muesli with skim milk
    2 scoops ON 100% whey
    1 banana

Meal 2 / Pre-workout
    1 cup of Muesli with skim milk
    100 grams of skinless chicken
    Wholemeal pita bread + lettuce + low fat mayo

Workout (including pre-workout and intra workout supplements)

Meal 3 / Post workout
    2 scoops ON 100% whey
    2 bananas

Meal 4
    1 cup of Muesli with skim milk
    100 grams of skinless chicken
    Wholemeal pita bread + lettuce + low fat mayo
    12 almonds

Meal 5
    Steak
    1/2 cup green vegies
    1 cup sweet potato mash

Meal 6
    2 scoops ON 100% casin
    12 almonds

It works out to be about 45 grams of protein per meal and about 50-70 grams of carbs per meal. I'm thinking of ditching the pita wraps and just eating the chicken with some lettuce/mayo. That should get me closer to 3000 calories.

Total of
    Protein: 270 grams
    Carbs: 325 grams
    Fat: 92 grams

Total calories: 3350

zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zawarudo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man,

My stats are about the same as yours, when I bulk I shoot for 3000 cals to begin with, and ramp that up slowly over a week from 2500. I do eventually plateau at 3000 so only then do I raise it to 3300 or more.

Doing it that way I find it's easier to avoid putting on more fat than necessary, and if I went straight to 3500 I would plateau and find it impossible to eat more, curse my small stomach.
    www.aidiets.com: An Artificial Intelligence nutritionist for generating unlimited meal plans to suit:
    - your needs (protein/carbs/fat/calories)
    - your tastes
    - your budget.

timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump

Snoopy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

I work a 9-5 office job and I do my workouts during my lunch break (1 hour). The fact that I'm at work means that I'm restricted in preparation times.
    Are you also restricted in workout equipment or do you work in a gym?
    The lion knows instinctively that stretching primes his strength.

Snoopy86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Total of
    Protein: 270 grams
    You weigh..168 lbs

1g of protein per pound (lbs) of body weight is said to be a sufficient amount of intake to fuel good enough growth/repairs, so you could cut out 100g of protein a day to bring you closer to the 3000 mark.
    The lion knows instinctively that stretching primes his strength.

Originally Posted by Snoopy86 View Post
    Are you also restricted in workout equipment or do you work in a gym?
    Restricted in terms of food preparation. I'm not restricted in terms of gyms or equipment.

Originally Posted by Snoopy86 View Post
    You weigh..168 lbs

1g of protein per pound (lbs) of body weight is said to be a sufficient amount of intake to fuel good enough growth/repairs, so you could cut out 100g of protein a day to bring you closer to the 3000 mark.
    I'm above 170 now...I should update my profile. I've heard some people say to have 1 gram per pound, and I've heard others say that that is outdated, and 1.5 grams per pound is the way to go. Which one is it?