Closed Thread
    MO3iusONE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to lose weight while lifting weights?

alright heres my issues, I been lifting weights for a good 2 months, I'm mainly seeing progress in my arms but my stomach feels huge. I checked how much I weight and I've gained like 10 pounds, now I dont know if thats actual muscle or if I'm just getting fat. I guess my questions is, when you workout and gain that extra muscle, your fat is still there right? Or do you actually burn some of that fat as you workout? I'll admit, I dont do as much cardio as I use to, I normally just hit the weights and call it a day.

jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jackson28 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Weight lifting do burn fat and calorie. How is your diet like?

Originally Posted by jackson28 View Post
    Weight lifting do burn fat and calorie. How is your diet like?
    I'm strict with my diet man.. two pieces of chicken, salad with olives, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, shredded cheese, cottage cheese. I have that for both lunch and dinner. I mean Maybe I'm having too much salad? maybe I should eat a smaller salad or somethig? or maybe I should up my cardio?

JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JDH52 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You want to pay as much attention to getting enough calories in your diet as you do making sure you dont get too many. Without enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode, and your metabolism will slow down. This will make weight loss very slow, less healthy, and less likely to hold up in the long run.

Also, you have probably gained some muscle if you have been working out hard for 2 mos.. however, 10 lbs is probably pushing it, without pharmaceutical help, if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by JDH52 View Post
    You want to pay as much attention to getting enough calories in your diet as you do making sure you dont get too many. Without enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode, and your metabolism will slow down. This will make weight loss very slow, less healthy, and less likely to hold up in the long run.

Also, you have probably gained some muscle if you have been working out hard for 2 mos.. however, 10 lbs is probably pushing it, without pharmaceutical help, if you know what I mean.
    Well I do have this habit of skipping breakfast, so by the time lunch rolls up I'm hungry as hell but I still limit myself to the salad and chicken. Then again with dinner, once it rolls up I'm hungry as hell and I eat some more chicken and salad. Is this bad? Should I be eating something inbetween? I try to eat some trial mix or a fruit in between meals but I'm still hungry..

Oh and one more thing whats the amount of calories your suppose to take in? like 1200? If I'm working out, and running, shouldn't I be taking more then that?

what the hell, I didnt realize that chicken was so high in cholesterol? should I lay off the chicken? maybe one piece of chicken per meal?

500 Internal Server Error Culebra's Avatar
    Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10) Culebra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude i've been eating like practically one meal a day and i am losing weight. It's not that i don't want to eat anymore, it's just that i'm not really ever hungry or as hungry as i used to be. I think when you just cut your intake more your body gets used to it. I used to be able to down like 3 full plates at the Chinese buffet, but now i can barely eat one. But it's helping me i don't know though, everyone's metabolism is different i guess. For me if i'm not feeling a little bit hungry then i'm doing it wrong. But i've been trying to do as much cardio as i possibly can. For me, cardio is the key element especially for losing weight. I started off not even being able to do 5 min on the rowing machine at a time, but now i can do about 20ish min w/o stopping. My goal is to be able to do 1 full hour at least on the rowing machine every day without stopping while on the same diet i'm on.

amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amd1976 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know if you're a guy or girl or how much you have to lose - but either way I'll second the opinion that that doesn't look like near enough calories.

I've trained throughout my 110 pound loss, it totally burns calories. My heart rate monitor (which I know isn't 100% accurate) will claim I burn anywhere from 500-900 calories for an hour's session.

It sounds counter intuitive, sure, but eating less will hamper your efforts. Going too low has never failed to stall me. And eat something for breakfast, anything - even if you have to force yourself.

Well I dont really have a set amount to lose. I mean I'm not fat or anything although I have some flab here and there, especially in my stomach area. I can try to not eat that much but the problem I run into is, what about when I actually lift weights? I cant be eating less then the average amount and then manage to run, and lift weights? that cant be healthy?

bmack97222 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys I need some help to set up a diet/ lifting program, I am currently 245 pounds and 6ft 2, I want to start lifting I want to lose fat and get muscular, I don't know how to go about this because I want to do this over the length of a year, then continue for years to come. The only thing I'm worried about is getting loose skin, how do I set up a program to not lose weight too rapidly and get good gains.