Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Team Molecular Nutrition Peter LeDrew's Avatar
    Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TommyTuffGuy View Post
    Been doing a lot of trolling over on Life Extension forums and they seem to basically tear apart multivitamins in general...they say only about two in existence are worth your while and it's AOR Ortho-Core and Life Extension Mix. They basically break down all the issues with Vitamin B and E and how one of the B vitamins in most multi's speeds up the aging process or this or that, there's a lot to go over. I've been going with Orange Triad for almost a year now and I realized they'd rip that to shreds over there...they even tore apart Millennium Sport's MVP-365 when someone asked about it...

Anyhow, they're high on Reservatrol over there, Vitamin D3, etc etc.

Anyone have any experience with Ortho-Core, Life Extension Mix, Multi-Basics 3 (by AOR) or the like? Or perhaps general health products? It's an interesting subject, especially when dealing with supplementation...
    They sound like me... I've been rather nice and easy on most multi's recommended here... I simply try and help others find something better and much healthier... not naming products, I would not use 90% of multis anywhere...

There are just a few I have seen I would recommend besides Ortho Core or Multi Basics 3 by AOR. This is such an important supplement, you really have to do it right because we are dealing with essential nutrients. Getting the proper balance, dosing, and forms of nutrients is crucial. This takes incredible knowledge about each and every nutrient used. I don't trust most companies have this understanding of nutrient science the way AOR does... I've seen the competition and I would not take them if they were given to me! (VERY SERIOUS).

Ortho Core and Multi Basics 3 are very good multi-nutrient products... I love dosing Ortho Core with each meal as it allows increased absorption of many nutrients and I believe providing nutrients at these times allows for better nutrient assimilation, production of energy and possibly reduction in oxidation, inflammation, glycation and improved methylation... all factors important to increased performance and improved health factors. Spreading out dosing of many nutrients including the B vitamins and othe water soluble nutrients allows them to be better absorbed rather than taking 1-2 caps at once.

About the only issue one could fairly have against multi's from a science perspective, which I agree with, is the multi-mineral interactions that are bound to occur. I have read Dinoiii discuss the promise of chelates in preventing such reactions and that does interest me... I haven't read or come across much in the way of studies supporting this yet, but I emailed AOR about this issue as I know they are up on the science beyond most people I have ever read.

Here was AOR tech support answer to my mineral chelate inquiry:

Mineral chelates are extremely interesting for the two reasons you mentioned: they are easy to absorb and the interaction between different minerals is lessened when they are used in combination.

Several of the minerals we use in our formulas are chelated, our selenium for instance is a chelate. The problem with chelates is that they often have a low elemental yield so in order to get the dose required, the volume need to be quite high.
    In general, we use the form that has been studied an shown to have the most beneficial effects.

Thank you for your support,

Once again, our apologies for the tardy reply.

Ludovci Brunel
    Medical Advisor

AOR Canada

Mineral interactions are certain to occur in your diet too so I don't know if there is one easy answer to ensuring optimal mineral status with 100% certainty... If you are worried about various minerals you may try to eat a nutrient rich diet and possibly take single minerals at certain times of the week if you are worried about certain minerals in general... still being cautious in getting too much of a good thing... too much zinc can cause low iron, copper, etc...

The strength in Ortho Core and Multi Basics 3 is the balance, doses and nutrient forms used. You get a natural form and complete spectrum of carotenoids (safer vitamin A source) and low in pre-formed potentially harmful vit.A. You get potent and effective forms, doses of B-vitamins and are able to spread out the dosing during the day at the dose you desire. You get the complete 8 forms of vit.E in the ideal ratios rich in gamma form which is most common in the diet. Vit.D is dosed higher than the typical multi, fitting the newest research-backed doses found in disease prevention and optimum health.

I could go on, but you really need to go to the aor.ca site and do some reading on it and discover just how much thought and research went into finding the doses, forms and balance for each and every nutrient used.

You also have to consider the simplicity and ease in taking one product vs having to take many separate bottles to match Ortho Core... The cost to match OC would also be very high if you look at everything in there.

Looking at it highly critically, it could potentially be dosed higher in some of the phytochemicals and a couple of the B's could be in their coenzyme forms, but I am sure many don't want to be paying an extra $10-15 for some unneccessary enhancements. Ortho Core is already a very premium product. The phytochemicals used are dosed at levels found in a healthy optimum diet for those who think they may be low. Taking into account synergy and the complete formula, you are getting what I think is a multi that can improve your health and possibly work to prevent future disease by maintaining optimum plasma nutrient levels.

You fibro'd my algia! TommyTuffGuy's Avatar
    TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Peter LeDrew View Post
    They sound like me... I've been rather nice and easy on most multi's recommended here... I simply try and help others find something better and much healthier... not naming products, I would not use 90% of multis anywhere...

There are just a few I have seen I would recommend besides Ortho Core or Multi Basics 3 by AOR. This is such an important supplement, you really have to do it right because we are dealing with essential nutrients. Getting the proper balance, dosing, and forms of nutrients is crucial. This takes incredible knowledge about each and every nutrient used. I don't trust most companies have this understanding of nutrient science the way AOR does... I've seen the competition and I would not take them if they were given to me! (VERY SERIOUS).

Ortho Core and Multi Basics 3 are very good multi-nutrient products... I love dosing Ortho Core with each meal as it allows increased absorption of many nutrients and I believe providing nutrients at these times allows for better nutrient assimilation, production of energy and possibly reduction in oxidation, inflammation, glycation and improved methylation... all factors important to increased performance and improved health factors. Spreading out dosing of many nutrients including the B vitamins and othe water soluble nutrients allows them to be better absorbed rather than taking 1-2 caps at once.

About the only issue one could fairly have against multi's from a science perspective, which I agree with, is the multi-mineral interactions that are bound to occur. I have read Dinoiii discuss the promise of chelates in preventing such reactions and that does interest me... I haven't read or come across much in the way of studies supporting this yet, but I emailed AOR about this issue as I know they are up on the science beyond most people I have ever read.

Here was AOR tech support answer to my mineral chelate inquiry:

Mineral chelates are extremely interesting for the two reasons you mentioned: they are easy to absorb and the interaction between different minerals is lessened when they are used in combination.

Several of the minerals we use in our formulas are chelated, our selenium for instance is a chelate. The problem with chelates is that they often have a low elemental yield so in order to get the dose required, the volume need to be quite high.
    In general, we use the form that has been studied an shown to have the most beneficial effects.

Thank you for your support,

Once again, our apologies for the tardy reply.

Ludovci Brunel
    Medical Advisor

AOR Canada

Mineral interactions are certain to occur in your diet too so I don't know if there is one easy answer to ensuring optimal mineral status with 100% certainty... If you are worried about various minerals you may try to eat a nutrient rich diet and possibly take single minerals at certain times of the week if you are worried about certain minerals in general... still being cautious in getting too much of a good thing... too much zinc can cause low iron, copper, etc...

The strength in Ortho Core and Multi Basics 3 is the balance, doses and nutrient forms used. You get a natural form and complete spectrum of carotenoids (safer vitamin A source) and low in pre-formed potentially harmful vit.A. You get potent and effective forms, doses of B-vitamins and are able to spread out the dosing during the day at the dose you desire. You get the complete 8 forms of vit.E in the ideal ratios rich in gamma form which is most common in the diet. Vit.D is dosed higher than the typical multi, fitting the newest research-backed doses found in disease prevention and optimum health.

I could go on, but you really need to go to the aor.ca site and do some reading on it and discover just how much thought and research went into finding the doses, forms and balance for each and every nutrient used.

You also have to consider the simplicity and ease in taking one product vs having to take many separate bottles to match Ortho Core... The cost to match OC would also be very high if you look at everything in there.

Looking at it highly critically, it could potentially be dosed higher in some of the phytochemicals and a couple of the B's could be in their coenzyme forms, but I am sure many don't want to be paying an extra $10-15 for some unneccessary enhancements. Ortho Core is already a very premium product. The phytochemicals used are dosed at levels found in a healthy optimum diet for those who think they may be low. Taking into account synergy and the complete formula, you are getting what I think is a multi that can improve your health and possibly work to prevent future disease by maintaining optimum plasma nutrient levels.
    This helps out greatly. I did the same sort of research you implied about and came to this conclusion about Ortho-core. I think I'm going to get a digestive enzymes supplement from Life Extension to couple with Ortho-core, and add some health/longevity supplements to my diet and cut out the bunk.

Stuff such as:
    Olive Leaf Extract
    Garlic/Ginger
    Vitamin C
    High Grade Fish Oil
    Reservatrol
    Vitamin D3

and others.

Thanks again! Hopefully more people will add to this thread.
     God of POF Crew
    Butt Officer...I fed her to the chainsaw and HE ate her!!

Current Stack:
    Sparta Nutrition Kraken
    Animal Whey
    Horny Goat Weed Bulk Powder
    CEL M-Test
    Swanson Olive Leaf Extract (look onto this)
    Probiotics

Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Peter LeDrew is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read the first post or just give us some initial impressions on Life Extension mixes, AOR othro's, Carlson Fishies and stuff like that. It's about the LEF forums and Immst ones saying how most multi's are garbage etc...
    I used to spend lots of time on imminst... good site and yeah Ortho Core is the members highest ranked multi there by a landslide I believe.

I see some flaws in LEF mix, more glaring and important than the semi-low dosed phytochemical mix in Ortho Core. If anyone wants me to point them out i can do so. I have read of some using Ortho Core one day and then LEF another.

TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TommyTuffGuy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used to spend lots of time on imminst... good site and yeah Ortho Core is the members highest ranked multi there by a landslide I believe.

I see some flaws in LEF mix, more glaring and important than the semi-low dosed phytochemical mix in Ortho Core. If anyone wants me to point them out i can do so. I have read of some using Ortho Core one day and then LEF another.
    Are you dosing full 6 caps a day on Ortho or are you doing the 3 a day and saving some $$?
     God of POF Crew

Current Stack:
    Sparta Nutrition Kraken
    Animal Whey
    CEL M-Test
    Probiotics

This helps out greatly. I did the same sort of research you implied about and came to this conclusion about Ortho-core. I think I'm going to get a digestive enzymes supplement from Life Extension to couple with Ortho-core, and add some health/longevity supplements to my diet and cut out the bunk.

Stuff such as:
    Olive Leaf Extract
    Garlic/Ginger
    Vitamin C
    High Grade Fish Oil
    Reservatrol
    Vitamin D3

and others.

Thanks again! Hopefully more people will add to this thread.
    Looks great!

Try this. Take a oleuropein rich olive leaf ext. 2 caps with a nice dose of cocoa polyphenols with your pre-workout mix that should contain some creatine... I think you'll get a nice pump from the increased nitric oxide and vasodialation effects. If you see a company do this please remember you heard it here first as it was something I thought of from some researching. I'd add a couple more goodies, but def. these two. I love it and you get some health benefits too.

Are you dosing full 6 caps a day on Ortho or are you doing the 3 a day and saving some $$?
    I don't think it is necessary to dose the full 6/day everyday... I do by feel, health, activity level, diet, etc... when i eat bad a make it a point to get my antioxidants/ortho core in there def.

Off days from any supplement is not a bad thing and probably a good thing, even in something so good. I think anyone could get a nice stretch out of Ortho Core and justifying its cost is not something I could understand with such an important supplement. Even if you low dose it you still can effectively increase your serum nutrient profile, esp. over the weeks of use and most importantly you get the proper balance and the proper forms.

Dose it as you can afford it.

Thumbs up

I don't think it is necessary to dose the full 6/day everyday... I do by feel, health, activity level, diet, etc... when i eat bad a make it a point to get my antioxidants/ortho core in there def.

Off days from any supplement is not a bad thing and probably a good thing, even in something so good. I think anyone could get a nice stretch out of Ortho Core and justifying its cost is not something I could understand with such an important supplement. Even if you low dose it you still can effectively increase your serum nutrient profile, esp. over the weeks of use and most importantly you get the proper balance and the proper forms.

Dose it as you can afford it.
    Awesome. I will probably do that, and the Olive Leaf I take is extracted for 20% extract so it's all good. Excellent health benefits from Olive Leaf!
     God of POF Crew

Current Stack:
    Sparta Nutrition Kraken
    Animal Whey
    CEL M-Test
    Probiotics

canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50) canuhandleit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is making me re-consider my multi. This is the first time in my journey of ultimate fitness (begin in August 2005) that i've actually seriously taken a multi religiously (begin August 2008). I haven't noticed anything obviously as you really can't feel multi-vitamins, but figured it's good for my body... but now i'm not so sure. Maybe it's better to let my diet take care of it? I'm a college student, so I don't get the most amazing nutrient profile ever, but I do have a lot of naturally squeezed fruit juice of varying blends (carrots, blues, greens, reds, etc.) on a daily basis which probably hooks me up with quite a few good nutrients along with milk...

Originally Posted by canuhandleit View Post
    This is making me re-consider my multi. This is the first time in my journey of ultimate fitness (begin in August 2005) that i've actually seriously taken a multi religiously (begin August 2008). I haven't noticed anything obviously as you really can't feel multi-vitamins, but figured it's good for my body... but now i'm not so sure. Maybe it's better to let my diet take care of it? I'm a college student, so I don't get the most amazing nutrient profile ever, but I do have a lot of naturally squeezed fruit juice of varying blends (carrots, blues, greens, reds, etc.) on a daily basis which probably hooks me up with quite a few good nutrients along with milk...
    Yeah, Ortho-Core might be a little too steep for your age and price range, it's about 40-45 a bottle....you could try AOR Multi Basics 3...
     God of POF Crew

Current Stack:
    Sparta Nutrition Kraken
    Animal Whey
    CEL M-Test
    Probiotics

leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard the suggestion of spreading out your core and it got me thinking. I throw all my 6 caps back with St Johns wort, Ginko, and Flax seed oil. Is all that going to behave together with breakfast?
    For me, Scivation brought me up to speed on healthy cutting and training habits.
    They also offer free:

Personalized training
    www.teamscivation.com
    Diet and Training routines
    www.scivationbooks.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-diet-solution.htm
    Motivation and Help with a positive atmosphere
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116376631

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This **** is retardly pricey unless you guys have seen it elsewhere, the cheapest I've seen is $45

leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leadpipe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    This **** is retardly pricey unless you guys have seen it elsewhere, the cheapest I've seen is $45
    It's more retarded to skimp on the most important supp that keeps your body functioning at its peek. I'd rather pay to help improve my chances of staying healthy then pay for medicine, with the vast array of sideaffects, when I would otherwise become ill.
    For me, Scivation brought me up to speed on healthy cutting and training habits.
    They also offer free:

Personalized training
    www.teamscivation.com
    Diet and Training routines
    www.scivationbooks.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-diet-solution.htm
    Motivation and Help with a positive atmosphere
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116376631

Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    True, the cost is one of the draw backs of this.
     God of POF Crew

Current Stack:
    Sparta Nutrition Kraken
    Animal Whey
    CEL M-Test
    Probiotics

C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C1othes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great thread! finally other multis that people actually talk about. Life Extension Mix (multi plus many extracts from fruits and stuff) seems to be good my bio teacher always has energy and thats what he takes.

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by leadpipe View Post
    It's more retarded to skimp on the most important supp that keeps your body functioning at its peek. I'd rather pay to help improve my chances of staying healthy then pay for medicine, with the vast array of sideaffects, when I would otherwise become ill.
    I know when **** is overpriced. This is, unfortunately, one of those instances.

solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50) solarize will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Animal or CL care to respond

Do any CL or Animal Reps care to respond - namely, how does Animal Pak or Orange Triad compare?

zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by canuhandleit View Post
    I'm starting to think the same thing too, and I've been taking multi's for over a decade. Looking at cost vs. what I get, I just don't know if I can justify it anymore. I mean, we don't feel anything from multi's, we just HOPE they are doing something positive.

If I stop taking a multi, what's going to happen? I'm going to develop scurvy? I'll start falling asleep all the time? I'll get cancer? I'll start losing lean mass?

I just don't think so.
    ***I rep back (400+)***

REPS 4 LIFE: All the homies on the Yankees thread, NDame616

olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50) olson4groove will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I guess you get what you pay for in this case.

Spend your $$ on a good multi and some creatine mono instead of expensive ass 'improved forms'
    I always holla back-surgery

Nice bump on my 5 year old thrad!
     God of POF Crew

Current Stack:
    Sparta Nutrition Kraken
    Animal Whey
    CEL M-Test
    Probiotics

lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lilpaul340 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sorry for the bump but how do these compare with Garden Of Life Vitamin Code?