Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Women's bodybuuilding magazine?

I just opened my account at bodybuilding.com today so hello everyone!

I'm looking for a really good bodybuilding magazine that's specifically for women. My boyfriend used to get Flex magazine but I think it's time for me to find something more suited for me. I bought a women's muscle and fitness and thought it was a little TOO girly. So I was hoping someone might have a suggestion about which magazine they like? Thanks!

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have yet to be thrilled by any women's mags. Oxygen used to be decent but has gone pretty frilly for me. I guess I'll just stick with my Muscular Development and Flex.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    I have yet to be thrilled by any women's mags. Oxygen used to be decent but has gone pretty frilly for me. I guess I'll just stick with my Muscular Development and Flex.
    Agreed! Another thing that getting on my nerves with the women's mags--too many damned recipes!
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DemetriaF View Post
    Agreed! Another thing that getting on my nerves with the women's mags--too many damned recipes!
    And makeup ads.

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 1972girl View Post
    And makeup ads.

Yep, those too!

I buy the bodybuilding magazines for real info pertaining to building muscle, losing fat, etc. If I need beauty, fashion, or recipe advice there's always Good Housekeeping, Vogue and Allure.

I truly wish the women's fitness/bodybuilding mags would omit this crap, or that someone would put out a 'serious' mag for the women. For this reason I prefer the men's mags over those for women.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seriously. I find this super annoying. I mean.. okay, I'm a chef. I know how to put together things to eat so maybe that's why I find it unnecessary. I guess it is useful for someone who needs help in the culinary department. But come on...

If I wanted to see nutritious recipes, I would pick up an issue of Cooking Light or something. I want to see muscles, damnit! And articles pertaining to the pursuit of said muscles!

erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erapp2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If only they had a magazine with the same topics as the men on ly focusing on th woman's body. I don't want to hear about an easy quick workout. I want to read about the theory and reasoning and which workouts really work the best. And the recipes aren't so bad but, again, the men's mag does it better. I guess were on our own to share information with eachother.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And makeup ads.
    Holla! I never see actual FBB in the women's mags either. Just fitness models and the occasional figure competitor. Looking at women with less muscle than I have is not really inspiring.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've read Flex and M+F as well (and even they annoy me when 50% of the mag is ads.) I avoid the women's magazines like crazy.

In another thread (which of course I can't find) someone tried to convince me that they had improved. I picked up Oxygen and... no difference. Half the magazine is adds, very little regarding actual training, with the focus being on quick workouts, "toning" and spot training - which we know isn't really possible. The recipes don't annoy me as much as the weekly meal plans. I just wished the macros were provided with the recipes since before I make anything I have to do it myself (not to mention usually quadruple a recipe if my husband and I are to eat the same thing )

I say don't waste your money. However, I have heard people say Fitness RX is pretty good, but I haven't picked it up in several years, I didn't like it when it first came out, but they could have made improvements.

I may try out Natural Muscle. Has anyone else read this mag?
    Here's a link to it's page:
    http://www.naturalmuscle.net/home
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal, nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas Jefferson

It's unfortunate, the magazines need the advertising dollars for revenue and circulation. However, it's this very advertising that's oftentimes so off-putting to the consumer. I don't mind advertising and comprehend the need, but I DO take strong issue with content.

I'd like to see the women's fitness magazines beef-up their content, to be less condescending and more informative in their offerings. Just look at some of the topics on this site--one could fill entire monthlies on things like creatine for women, cutting (as in getting ripped), measuring body fat, getting big (scary for many women I suppose), NO products (not just for men mind you), cellulite and/or loose skin problems, etc. Real issues as opposed summer recipes, esoteric BS & spiritual healing, rubber-band workouts, or the cutest new gym bag and sneaker offerings.

Thus far, I only find that the men's fitness mags will cover the serious issues, the downside is that the coverage is directed solely toward men. So I'll continue reading the 'boys' mags and just try to imagine that the men featured on the editorial pages are just really big and sexy, muscular women. :P

IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IzzyJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If I wanted to see nutritious recipes, I would pick up an issue of Cooking Light or something. I want to see muscles, damnit! And articles pertaining to the pursuit of said muscles!

[/QUOTE]

AGREED!!!!!!
    IT'S NOT HARD, IT HURTS.

Aussie all the way

Anyone can get a life, anyone can lose a life but I will dare to inhabit my life and use it!

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wink

Maybe B.B.com should put together a magazine for women who want to build muscles and sell in there store.

aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aseaborn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Maybe B.B.com should put together a magazine for women who want to build muscles and sell in there store.
    I second that one!! I get better, more enriching information from here than any mag I've ever seen.
    "Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest with an S on my chest! Oh yes! I'M A SUPERWOMAN!"--A.Keys

"It's 99.99999% mental!!"--C.Hicks

"A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough."--Christian Nevell Bovee

"You more shredded than a Julienne salad, man." --Kirk Lazarus from Tropic Thunder (2008)

ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10) ndgal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree that Oxygen is a good one. They have actual routines, recipes, and other useful information. I also like that they have a section of workouts to do when you are pregnant.
    **Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.**
    Brian Tracy, Eat that Frog

Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, they may have printed their very last newsstand issue already (either that or the last one's coming out in early 2009), but "Women's Physique World" is a fantastic magazine dedicated particularly to female bodybuilding--with coverage of Fitness and Figure, as well, obviously. But the publisher said there was too much competition and that nobody really was interested in a female bodybuilding magazine anymore, so... it's an online mag now.

www.wpw.net

Ignore the "over 18" thing (I have no idea why they put that there) and maybe check it out for inspirational pictures and stories, at least.

oh cool. Thanks alot for that link. I'm definitely going to spend some time looking around that site.

What is everyone's favorite magazine whether it's men's or women's?

I've really only read Flex but I find some really useful information and inspiration in there.

Thanks for all the responses!!

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    I like the recipes! It goes hand in hand with exercise. I mean after all, there are nutrition articles and a nutrition forum on this site.

I just don't like it when I follow the recipes and the food sucks.

~the lowcarb sensation ~ disneydiva21's Avatar
    disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) disneydiva21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i 100% because agree my biggest fear is the skin and oxygen doesnt give alot of info to girls going through major transformations they act as if we all just want a little toning and that no one was ever extra fat in the first place

I'd like to see the women's fitness magazines beef-up their content, to be less condescending and more informative in their offerings. Just look at some of the topics on this site--one could fill entire monthlies on things like creatine for women, cutting (as in getting ripped), measuring body fat, getting big (scary for many women I suppose), NO products (not just for men mind you), cellulite and/or loose skin problems, etc. Real issues as opposed summer recipes, esoteric BS & spiritual healing, rubber-band workouts, or the cutest new gym bag and sneaker offerings.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been."
    George Eliot

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
    -Colin Powell

goal: get fit for the Resistance

shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) shelleyt2005 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wink Muscle and fitness hers

I do enjoy getting my muscle and fitness hers. I guess with me just starting out in this whole thing, only starting in June, muscle and fitness hers gives me a lot of information. I also enjoy oxygen. Those are the only two women magazines that I subscribe to. I look foreward to getting them though.
    Do it hard, or turn around and go home
    I to will one day have the body of my dreams, and until then, I will work a little harder each training day.

Smile

Originally Posted by shelleyt2005 View Post
    I do enjoy getting my muscle and fitness hers. I guess with me just starting out in this whole thing, only starting in June, muscle and fitness hers gives me a lot of information. I also enjoy oxygen. Those are the only two women magazines that I subscribe to. I look foreward to getting them though.
    I'm pretty much a beginner too(haven't been to the gym in 2 years!) I've heard some women here say that they don't find pictures of women in these mags with less muscle than them motivating but I like the pictures!! I'm really skinny and I would definitely like to get up to their level someday(soon!)

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shelleyt2005 View Post

Muscle and Fitness Hers is getting better month to month. I would like to see them add more depth to their articles. Then they'd really have a good magazine.

Oxygen seems to blow hot and cold. The last issue had nothing of substance in it at all.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) partsRheavy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking This is a Joke Reply....A Mag for Men _and_ Women

The _Wall Street Journal_.

Really gets the testosterone running these days.
    investigating mechanics of pulleys, levers, and mass.

soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) soleuvanathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fitness & Physique Magazine is one of my favs - I subscribe. It's quarterly, but they have a lot of back issues with valuable information. A lot of competition coverage, but good articles on training & nutrition as well. It's not a thick magazine, but it's packed with info, not tons of ads.

http://www.physiquecompetitor.com/
    Live life, lift heavy and be happy..Oh! And BSavage too!
    ~Angimal

tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't know about every magazine out there, but from the ones I've seen:
    IMO these muscle magazines are nothing but sales catalogs for the multi-billion dollar suppliment industry.

My husband purchased subscriptions to two of the major ones, and so when issues started coming in, we would each take turns reading them. They were filled with 100's of juiced up men telling people how to get bodies like them by simply using whatever fancy suppliment was being advertised on that page. It was classic. You would waste 5 minutes reading what 'at first' appeared to be an article about the science of bodybuilding, only to find out 2 pages into it that it was actually a come-on for some suppliment. This goes on and on, page after color filled page, all 300 of them. They figure out ways to cleverly advertize everything they have to sell. Some of them even seemed subconscious! a 300 page sales catalog. Did I learn anything? Yes- I learned not to renew the supscription. I let all 12 issues pile up next to the TV, then I carried them to the gym and donated them to the treadmill reading box.

Most of what I learned about bodybuilding & nutrition came from my husband. Most of what he taught & showed me came from HIS father's powerlifting days and the things he told his son. the basics. Imagine that. There are still some dads out there who remember the importance of that.

I feel that if you look online by using google as a tool, you can find MORE than enough valuable reading to take you deep into the world of bodybuilding and proper nutrition. The reading we have found online has been marvelous (But you have to be willing to sift through the chaff to find the wheat)

My recommendation to you girl: get the E-book "Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle" by Tom Venuto and that will single handedly give you a solid foundation about what you should be shoveling into your pie hole.

Then go online and research the rest. Use the youtube video generation to teach you proper exercise form, and also to teach you what NOT TO DO!! LOLOL

You tube is a great tool, if you know how to seperate fact from fools.

You don't need a magazine girl, you need to put your college research cap on and start typing. In the information age, magazines are for lazy people who want entertainment and the shopping network, not the facts.

Ooops!! I forgot to ask you? why DID you want the magazine? lol
    Last edited by tawney76; 10-16-2008 at 09:58 AM.
    x

rosesred98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i like reading the mens mags their more entertaining and have better workouts.
    I want some muscles

dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have all but quit reading BB mags. You can find more detailed better information right here on this site.

tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tawney76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rosesred98 View Post
    i like reading the mens mags their more entertaining and have better workouts.
    my point exactly.

The magazines do have an audience of followers who want entertainment and ummm... better workouts. lol
    x

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tawney76 View Post
    I don't know about every magazine out there, but from the ones I've seen:
    IMO these muscle magazines are nothing but sales catalogs for the multi-billion dollar suppliment industry.

My husband purchased subscriptions to two of the major ones, and so when issues started coming in, we would each take turns reading them. They were filled with 100's of juiced up men telling people how to get bodies like them by simply using whatever fancy suppliment was being advertised on that page. It was classic. You would waste 5 minutes reading what 'at first' appeared to be an article about the science of bodybuilding, only to find out 2 pages into it that it was actually a come-on for some suppliment. This goes on and on, page after color filled page, all 300 of them. They figure out ways to cleverly advertize everything they have to sell. Some of them even seemed subconscious! a 300 page sales catalog. Did I learn anything? Yes- I learned not to renew the supscription. I let all 12 issues pile up next to the TV, then I carried them to the gym and donated them to the treadmill reading box.

Most of what I learned about bodybuilding & nutrition came from my husband. Most of what he taught & showed me came from HIS father's powerlifting days and the things he told his son. the basics. Imagine that. There are still some dads out there who remember the importance of that.

I feel that if you look online by using google as a tool, you can find MORE than enough valuable reading to take you deep into the world of bodybuilding and proper nutrition. The reading we have found online has been marvelous (But you have to be willing to sift through the chaff to find the wheat)

My recommendation to you girl: get the E-book "Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle" by Tom Venuto and that will single handedly give you a solid foundation about what you should be shoveling into your pie hole.

Then go online and research the rest. Use the youtube video generation to teach you proper exercise form, and also to teach you what NOT TO DO!! LOLOL

You tube is a great tool, if you know how to seperate fact from fools.

You don't need a magazine girl, you need to put your college research cap on and start typing. In the information age, magazines are for lazy people who want entertainment and the shopping network, not the facts.

Ooops!! I forgot to ask you? why DID you want the magazine? lol
    There are flaws with the magazines, but the Internet is not a panacea by itself. There can be as much bad information on the Internet as anywhere else. There are also many people who do not have hours and hours to spend surfing and searching on the Internet.

There are many good bound and paper books out there that have alot of information in one place that by sitting on the bookshelf are available at any time to refer to.

You mentioned an e book. Strength Training Anatomy lists almost every basic movement with illustrations and tells exactly what bodyparts are worked with each exercise. Bodybuilding 101, Strength Training for Women and The New Rules of Lifting for Women are also great resources. Even though its written for a male audience, Natural Bodybuilding by John Hansen has excellent chapters on nutrition and contest prep that are applicable to both sexes.
    Last edited by egoatdoor; 10-17-2008 at 03:55 AM.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I actually get Muscle & Fitness. There's a version for women, too, but I prefer the one geared more toward the men. Since I want to bulk a bit, it has more useful info for me.

girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) girlygirla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    There are flaws with the magazines, but the Internet is not a panacea by itself. There can be as much bad information on the Internet as anywhere else. There are also many people who do not have hours and hours to spend surfing and searching on the Internet.

There are many good bound and paper books out there that have alot of information in one place that by sitting on the bookshelf are available at any time to refer to.

You mentioned an e book. Strength Training Anatomy lists almost every basic movement with illustrations and tells exactly what bodyparts are worked with each exercise. Bodybuilding 101, Strength Training for Women and The New Rules of Lifting for Women are also great resources. Even though its written for a male audience, Natural Bodybuilding by John Hansen has excellent chapters on nutrition and contest prep that are applicable to both sexes.
    good point