vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vogue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

sick after leg workout

hi guys why is it that after i do my leg workout that i feel light headed and sick in the stomach.and the next day i feel like a truck has hit me

thanks

C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) C5VetteLS1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats!!! If I'm not mistaken, I believe that's a positive indication of a GOOD workout. Upper really don't bother me much, but lower always has me ready to

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like a good legs workout to me. First comes the light head, then the nausea, then the truck, every time.

The light head is glycogen depletion, which can screw with your head. To minimize it, make sure you have a good, high-carb meal some time before your legs workout. You might also have some simple carbs immediately before your legs workout and also right after. I get so goofy after my legs workout that I sit around in the gym and slowly drink my post-workout shake before getting behind the wheel of my car to give my brain a chance to kick back into gear.

I found that nausea can be lessened (but not eliminated) during a legs workout by drinking more fluids and eating less fat before the workout.

The been-hit-by-truck feeling just comes with the territory assuming you're talking about DOMS. However, if you've failed to get enough carbs post-workout, you could be still feeling crappy from glycogen depletion.

hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hornedn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to get lightheaded, nauseous, throw up and sometimes pass out during leg workouts. I had to not eat at all for a couple of hours before I finally could get through it. Try varying the amount and timing of your pre-workout meal and see if you get some relief.
    Jesus saved my soul...I'm still working on my body.
    1 Corinthians 9:27

RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hornedn View Post
    I used to get lightheaded, nauseous, throw up and sometimes pass out during leg workouts. I had to not eat at all for a couple of hours before I finally could get through it. Try varying the amount and timing of your pre-workout meal and see if you get some relief.
    I agree 100%. If I eat within 2hrs before doing squats I puke everytime. I generally have a headache and feel sick after squats which is why I hate Friday's, Friday is my quad day.

B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B Campbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vogue View Post
    hi guys why is it that after i do my leg workout that i feel light headed and sick in the stomach.and the next day i feel like a truck has hit me

thanks
    I am sooooo jealous!
    Good workout! Sometimes if I don't hydrate enough pre-workout I try to play catch up during the workout....kills me every time.

HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sytennison View Post
    Sounds like a good legs workout to me. First comes the light head, then the nausea, then the truck, every time.
    X2

That is why the weak don't work legs!
    The only easy day was yesterday. Navy SEALs

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sytennison View Post

The light head is glycogen depletion, which can screw with your head. To minimize it, make sure you have a good, high-carb meal some time before your legs workout. You might also have some simple carbs immediately before your legs workout and also right after. I get so goofy after my legs workout that I sit around in the gym and slowly drink my post-workout shake before getting behind the wheel of my car to give my brain a chance to kick back into gear.

I found that nausea can be lessened (but not eliminated) during a legs workout by drinking more fluids and eating less fat before the workout.

The been-hit-by-truck feeling just comes with the territory assuming you're talking about DOMS. However, if you've failed to get enough carbs post-workout, you could be still feeling crappy from glycogen depletion.
    X2! If it gets this bad after a workout, especially if it leads into the next day, then I'm not getting the carbs I need. Not being able to walk easily, and sore legs are one thing, that awful feeling is another.

RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will say that I have never felt bad the next day after a leg workout, other than sore legs. I have had a headache and felt sick for about an hour after but then I always feel normal. You may need to get that checked out.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The nausea could be caused by a couple of things. It might be the spike in "fat burning hormone" (sorry, don't remember the name of the one that makes you sick to your stomach, but it's associated with high-rep work). It might also be the drop in blood sugar that comes from depleting glycogen as sytennison said and the resultant release of HGH. If the nausea bothers you, you can try eating an apple after your second or third set.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000) Bigchrome is just really nice. (+1000)
    At least you know you're working hard.. I usually have really bad pain in quads for 4-5 days after legs!!

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I leave the gym with my pump on after an upper body workout it feels incredible. I live for that 30 minutes of euphoria afterward.

When I leave the gym after leg day I am walking funny and/or feel like a dump truck ran over me. I hate leg day.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)

Post No Barbell Squats for me,and here's why....

I've never really had a problem in the past as far as getting sick from working legs as in doing squats and stuff like that.

I Did eventually get sick and tired of having debilitatedly sore legs for days and days afterwards though and that is the reason alone why i quit doing Barbell Squats.Even if i belonged to a gym,i would'nt even do Leg Presses anymore because they used to get my legs just as sore as the barbell squats even if i didnt do any sets of barbell squats in a given leg workout.

For the last 5 months,i have pretty much done nothing else for my legs except bicycling and an occassional few 15 second sprints on my maunual treadmill,along with a few sets of leg curls here and there.

My Upper Legs nevertheless,have gotten noticably bigger,especially from incorporating the bike sprints during my almost daily bicycling.
    Once winter arrives and i cant rely on the bike anymore for a good solid legs and cardio workout,i will just do the treadmill sprints more often,the leg curls more often and i'll do pistol squats every 5th workout or so.Just a couple sets though.Pistols are WAY easier on the knees because when i do them,i grab onto the side of a doorway,lean way back,and proceed to rep out 20 or so reps from each side,and then repeat a couple of minutes later.

Once again,i repeat,i have found that pistols are SO much easier on the knees than Barbell Squats.Leg presses were never any picnic on my knees either.

So Yes,Anyway,After the 2nd set of the pistols,i'm done.Job complete...Plenty Good,Sufficient,and adequete enough for me...I'll try really hard this coming winter to be alot more consistent with the calve work though.Calves are truly the achillies spot on my overall physique from a visual standpoint.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If your working your ass off like it seems you are then it's just carbs that you need. Low on carbs can make you feel very sick. Try a Gatorade while you are working out, it has a lot of your non-complex carbs. <--- That should make you feel better. Good luck.

DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000) DNG is just really nice. (+1000)

thanks
    Sorry to be the voice of dissent here, but I do not think this is a good thing.

Feeling sick and light headed immediately after the exercise is not too serious, and as indicated above, a sure sign of hard work. Hell, puke if you must, walk away from the squat rack with legs like jello and a head like a spin dryer ... no problem. Drink water, rest for 2 minutes, move on to the next exercise, and chug a protein shake on your way home.

But feeling it the next day raises red flags. Could be simple anemia, could be more serious.

I'd suggest you ease off for a bit, until you can get to an internist and have it checked out.
    Regards,

Duncan

Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6716581

Originally Posted by DNG View Post
    Sorry to be the voice of dissent here, but I do not think this is a good thing.

Feeling sick and light headed immediately after the exercise is not too serious, and as indicated above, a sure sign of hard work. Hell, puke if you must, walk away from the squat rack with legs like jello and a head like a spin dryer ... no problem. Drink water, rest for 2 minutes, move on to the next exercise, and chug a protein shake on your way home.

But feeling it the next day raises red flags. Could be simple anemia, could be more serious.

I'd suggest you ease off for a bit, until you can get to an internist and have it checked out.
    I agree. I eat more carbs than any man on the planet and I feel sick after almost every leg workout but NEVER the next day.

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It would be helpful if the OP would explain what he means by:
    the next day i feel like a truck has hit me
    Unfortunately, we haven't seen him in a while. Maybe he got hit by a truck?

KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10) KarenPhil is on a distinguished road. (+10)

really sore right now

I don't get the nausea or light headed but my legs get really sore. I did legs 2 days ago & they still hurt. Every time I get a great leg workout I end up unable to do any decent cardio work (except swimming)for at least a day or two, sometimes more. I've tried taking glutamine before & after, I'm not sure if it helps. I assume this is what was meant by no pain no gain...
    Never allow success to go to your head or failure to go to your heart...

That frikken Canadian djl_ottawa's Avatar
    djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) djl_ottawa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I go leg workouts every wednesday and every time I am done I feel like I am going to throw up and I am so winded. That for me is an indication that it was a great workout. I have never, but man do I feel it. But it feels awesome to know that I worked out that hard.

I don't get that with upper body workout at all.

A couple of my buddies who go to the gym I had mentioned that to them and they agreed, they feel the same and if they don't they feel like they cheated.
    djl_ottawa

"The trouble with opportunity is that it always comes disguised as hard work."

Body type: Mesomorp
    "You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type."

Don't listen to your scale, listen to your clothes