torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

The Difference Between Knowing and Doing

I've been thinking about this. I got interested in nutrition and training years ago, and learned everything I could on the subject. Read stuff, talked to trainers, surfed the sites, the works. So why is it that after making so much progress, I turned around and let myself slide back to the former bad habits? Why is it that, after learning how great it feels to train and eat well, I still went back to that old, lethargic, misguided approach to life?

There's just a huge difference between knowing how to do something and actually doing it, that's all I know. But I'm going to have to get this squared away or else it will happen again. What is it that is going to keep me on the right road this time? There has to be some elusive key that everyone here shares who has made a permanent shift in their approach. I have to figure out what that is somehow.

I can't tell you how bad it feels to have something in your grasp like this and then totally lose it. Everyone sees you as the weak person you are and it's hard to convince yourself that you can ever truly be strong again.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Turn that voice off. You did it before, you can do it again. Backsliding is something that happens. You are not weak, you are human. Now stand up and get back to where you know you should be. You CAN do it.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Look at it as an opportunity

I still take small steps back on occasion. Nothing major, but just enough to snap my head around and get me focused on what I'm trying to get to.

You'll be fine, you just have to want it bad enough.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by torn8o View Post
    The Difference Between Knowing and Doing. What is it that is going to keep me on the right road this time?
    Desire.

/thread
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mad_Gerbil will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Excercise involves the ole' noggin and much as it does the body.
    Mature your mind and gain the benefits of a great body and a great mind.
    <:3 )~~~

mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10) mechenot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, the reason can't be that you don't think you can do it. You've made good progress at one point according to your profile.

I was 47 and 265# w/ 45" waist. I've put myself back in a 34" waist with working out and eating right [plus help from others]. Just a lifestyle change for me and I was ready. Sounds like you are ready too. Make it part of your everyday and the 80lbs will be history one day.

Go for it..

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mad_Gerbil View Post
    Excercise involves the ole' noggin and much as it does the body.
    Mature your mind and gain the benefits of a great body and a great mind.
    thats a very good point,
    getting to a point of mental and emotional maturity will help in keeping resolve and dedication.
    Not saying your immature, but I can do things today that would have been very difficult in my twenties, like commit to a workout schedule, stay consistent, set realistic goals, and meet those goals.

Sometimes it comes with age, sometimes it takes a concerted effort to act and be more mature, for some people it just never comes

Registered User alec_braithwait's Avatar
    alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50) alec_braithwait will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by torn8o View Post
    Everyone sees you as the weak person you are and it's hard to convince yourself that you can ever truly be strong again.
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

You have acknowledged you let things slide and you are going to get back into it.

You would have been weak if you had seen it and done nothing about it.

Give yourself some credit; feel good about wanting to get back into shape.

torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500) torn8o is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A lot of good thoughts. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I think that I've tried to get the mature viewpoint toward this in the past, but the time has come for it to finally take hold. I can't spend the last half of my life worrying about what I might have had.

I appreciate the encouragement too. Maybe the past failures could be considered all a part of the process to making some permanent changes. As for being hard on myself ... lol ... if you only knew.

Thank you -

The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000) The_Warhammer is just really nice. (+1000)
    You've only lost if you DON'T get back on the wagon.
    We all have those times. It's what you do to get back on that defines you.

The weights aren't going anywhere, but they are calling your name. Can you hear them... "commmeeee baaaackkkk...."

blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50) blopid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know a woman who lost about 300lbs... No surgery, no lipo, just eating clean and exercising... I asked her how the hell she did it.. She told me very simply... "I decided I wanted to live..." That's all it takes, to decide to do it... It's as simple as that, and as difficult as that... No one can tell you to do it, it has to be born from you, and then you WILL be able to accomplish whatever you want...

Peace...
    God is always with me and I'll never give up...