Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    pptwhite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ACE, NASM, NSCA, ACSM, ISSA are all fine. They are just your basic low level personal training certification. If your serious about becoming a much better personal trainer you need much more training, certification then just the basics.

Other certifications if you want to be a much better trainer:
    CHEK
    Polquin
    Grey Cook
    FMS

are just to name a few. If you want to specialize then of course you need a lot more. Constant learning and higher end certification will get you to be better then just the basic cert's mentioned here.
    Scott White

http://www.personalpowertraining.net

johncasto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redepjohn View Post
    I'm new to all this ,and this is my. Fist post hope it works, lol I also want to become a PT I been training for a while and love helping,showing ppl how to ,my question I guess is Wat would be the best certificate for me that is recognized that I can start out with till I gain sum experience working n training clients ,also are there any books I can pick up that gives me workout routines for like woman looking to loose weight . I fear that would me my down fall ,anyone? Thanc
    Having a cert is one of the keys to getting started and will give you some practical knowledge, but it's only the start. Get one of the main certs and call it a day with that - you'll learn everything you need from practical experience and reading!

Some great books (even for female clients)

Practical programming for strength training by Mark Rippetoe
    Serious Strength Training by Tudor Bompa
    Strength Training Anatomy-3rd Edition by Frederic Delavier

You can find all of these and a ton of other great books on amazon for pennies on the dollar

After you learn the ropes of your gym, head off on your own! It's been amazing for myself opening my own business and I hope to see you do the same!

portcityjbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nutritionist

How about one of those certifications?where and which one should i look for?

MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) MARCMANtheDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My questions is not so much about which is the most recognized cert, but more about which teaches you the most practical and in-depth things.
    I am close to completing my cert with CFES, but I know there is so much more to learn.
    I wish to work with Pro-Athletes. This means that I need to be able to diagnose their weaknesses and give them sport-specific programs that will help them get that contract and what not.

EDIT: Just read about the Poliquin cert. THAT one seems to rock! Anyone here took it or know people who have? Are any certs better than this one for peeps who wanna work with elite athletes?
    Last edited by MARCMANtheDUDE; 11-07-2012 at 03:31 PM.

USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by MARCMANtheDUDE View Post
    My questions is not so much about which is the most recognized cert, but more about which teaches you the most practical and in-depth things.
    I am close to completing my cert with CFES, but I know there is so much more to learn.
    I wish to work with Pro-Athletes. This means that I need to be able to diagnose their weaknesses and give them sport-specific programs that will help them get that contract and what not.

EDIT: Just read about the Poliquin cert. THAT one seems to rock! Anyone here took it or know people who have? Are any certs better than this one for peeps who wanna work with elite athletes?
    The best, most widely recognized certification for working with athletes is without question the NSCA-CSCS. It's practically a must have certification if you want to work in a gym that specializes in improving athletic performance. The NASM-PES is also good but not as good as the CSCS, might be good to get both. The USAW level 1 sport performance coach certification is also good for coaching the olympic lifts which are tremendously beneficial in improving athletic performance.

24Days! ABBA Muscle Beach girlsagymaholic's Avatar
    girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000)
    I read through a good 6-7 pages of this thread so I have a good idea of what the general opinion is on most certs.
    But being in Canada I'm wondering if the NSCA-CPT is well known/accepted? I am leaning towards the NSCA-CPT and ISSA. I would mostly likely seek out employment through a gym to get started/building up myself through hands on experience. And once comfortable with my ability to prove my worth as a trainer through client results then split off as an independent [husband and i wouldn't mind opening our own gym in the future even]

I'd love to do PROPTA but would like to start out with a more basic cert that will still teach me some good knowledge [vs. canfit or ace] I don't have a degree so I can't go for anything higher than the CPT right now. But would definitely be continuing my knowledge as much as possible, even if that means getting certs through multiple programs. I want a well rounded knowledge of everything from strength training, to fat loss, to nutrition.

Any idea if NSCA-CPT is used much here in Canada? I'm going to call around to some gyms in the city too, but i don't want to be stuck with a really limited choice when it comes to place of employment...
    █ ♥ █ ***Canadian Crew***
    Instagram: _smash_ley_
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013
    ABBA-Muscle Beach Oct. 2013 3.5 weeks out!

USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by pptwhite View Post
    ACE, NASM, NSCA, ACSM, ISSA are all fine. They are just your basic low level personal training certification. If your serious about becoming a much better personal trainer you need much more training, certification then just the basics.

Other certifications if you want to be a much better trainer:
    CHEK
    Polquin
    Grey Cook
    FMS

are just to name a few. If you want to specialize then of course you need a lot more. Constant learning and higher end certification will get you to be better then just the basic cert's mentioned here.
    The FMS certification isn't that great. It's just a 1 day seminar followed by a piss-easy test. The NASM CES is a better credential for the subject. Most of what you will learn with the FMS is useless stuff you will almost never find a need to apply.

To be fair, the USAW level-1 certification is much the same way. A lot of trainers cannot coach or even perform the olympic lifts though so it's still great to have.

hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50) hearnstyle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mythic Beast View Post
    Here's a list of other recognized certifications, feel free to add more.

ACE

http://www.acefitness.org/

ISSA

http://www.issaonline.com/

NATA

www.nata.org

NCSF

http://www.ncsf.org/

NPTI

http://www.nationalpersonaltraininginstitute.com/
    hey bro ive heard of ACM and ISSA but which one u think is the best
    Faith Is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

p2filz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    torrent.to u can search it and then just bit torrent the file.. thats how i got mine..
    Originally Posted by TonyV67 View Post
    Does anyone have the ACE manuals and study materials that they might like to sell? I really don't want to buy from them and spend that much money.

Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ptrulli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by girlsagymaholic View Post
    I read through a good 6-7 pages of this thread so I have a good idea of what the general opinion is on most certs.
    But being in Canada I'm wondering if the NSCA-CPT is well known/accepted? I am leaning towards the NSCA-CPT and ISSA. I would mostly likely seek out employment through a gym to get started/building up myself through hands on experience. And once comfortable with my ability to prove my worth as a trainer through client results then split off as an independent [husband and i wouldn't mind opening our own gym in the future even]

I'd love to do PROPTA but would like to start out with a more basic cert that will still teach me some good knowledge [vs. canfit or ace] I don't have a degree so I can't go for anything higher than the CPT right now. But would definitely be continuing my knowledge as much as possible, even if that means getting certs through multiple programs. I want a well rounded knowledge of everything from strength training, to fat loss, to nutrition.

Any idea if NSCA-CPT is used much here in Canada? I'm going to call around to some gyms in the city too, but i don't want to be stuck with a really limited choice when it comes to place of employment...
    I tend to agree with your options NSCA-CPT, ISSA, I was even looking at Poliquin
    but I didn't see a nutrition course. I'm leaning toward ISSA more just because of the PT/Nutrition courses!
    In terms if what's accepted I would like to know the same info?
    I'm sure ISSA is accepted in Canada, in another post someone in Toronto, said he took the course and said it was accepted. NSCA I'm not quit sure
    Fitness2Fitness

I'm sorry to say it but the ISSA doesn't even deserve to be mentioned next to the likes of NSCA-CPT, NASM, and ACSM. Hell, it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned next to certs like the NCSF, NFPT, NESTA.

The ISSA isn't quite the bottom of the barrell(That's where crossfit certs are) but it is pretty close. The problem with the ISSA is literally ANY idiot can get it because it's all online with an unlimited amount of time to complete it. You can just cheat on the damn thing.

girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ptrulli View Post
    I tend to agree with your options NSCA-CPT, ISSA, I was even looking at Poliquin
    but I didn't see a nutrition course. I'm leaning toward ISSA more just because of the PT/Nutrition courses!
    In terms if what's accepted I would like to know the same info?
    I'm sure ISSA is accepted in Canada, in another post someone in Toronto, said he took the course and said it was accepted. NSCA I'm not quit sure
    Yeah I think the NSCA-CPT is well known in commercial gyms here [Im in Alberta and would be working in Alberta or BC] and ISSA is too. I like the NSCA because it is slightly more challenging from what I hear and well rounded for the actual training aspect. You can always take other classes else where for Nutrition if you want to get deeper into it. I personally plan to take a actual college courses for the nutrition and diet as I'm already pretty well rounded with anatomy/knowing muscle groups and exercises and routines for them... but I wouldn't know much about setting up special dietary needs for people with certain health problems outside of just needing to lose weight/gain weight so I'd benefit from that! Like it's been said you can't just take ONE cert course and expect that to be all you have to do... it could require taking a lot of certs for different things and like in my case... some college courses and continued learning.

If I were you I'd take the NSCA CPT course and supplement it with the ISSA Fitness Nutrition Course if you feel the need for a Nutrition cert But any cert is going to be ok if you're only going to be an independent trainer not hired by a gym, otherwise just go to/call the gyms you're interested in working at and ask them what they accept and what they prefer

Originally Posted by USAWchamp View Post
    I'm sorry to say it but the ISSA doesn't even deserve to be mentioned next to the likes of NSCA-CPT, NASM, and ACSM. Hell, it doesn't even deserve to be mentioned next to certs like the NCSF, NFPT, NESTA.

The ISSA isn't quite the bottom of the barrell(That's where crossfit certs are) but it is pretty close. The problem with the ISSA is literally ANY idiot can get it because it's all online with an unlimited amount of time to complete it. You can just cheat on the damn thing.
    That's what I like about the NSCA, you have to go to the test site to take the test and you have to KNOW the material... as far as a time limit on studying I couldn't find anything as far as "you have X amount of time to take the test after registering" but for some reason I thought it was 8 months? I do know there are registration dates you have to make in order to take the test at the site closest to you..... but idk how far in advance you're allowed to register and get your materials....
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013

Originally Posted by girlsagymaholic View Post
    Yeah I think the NSCA-CPT is well known in commercial gyms here [Im in Alberta and would be working in Alberta or BC] and ISSA is too. I like the NSCA because it is slightly more challenging from what I hear and well rounded for the actual training aspect. You can always take other classes else where for Nutrition if you want to get deeper into it. I personally plan to take a actual college courses for the nutrition and diet as I'm already pretty well rounded with anatomy/knowing muscle groups and exercises and routines for them... but I wouldn't know much about setting up special dietary needs for people with certain health problems outside of just needing to lose weight/gain weight so I'd benefit from that! Like it's been said you can't just take ONE cert course and expect that to be all you have to do... it could require taking a lot of certs for different things and like in my case... some college courses and continued learning.

If I were you I'd take the NSCA CPT course and supplement it with the ISSA Fitness Nutrition Course if you feel the need for a Nutrition cert But any cert is going to be ok if you're only going to be an independent trainer not hired by a gym, otherwise just go to/call the gyms you're interested in working at and ask them what they accept and what they prefer

That's what I like about the NSCA, you have to go to the test site to take the test and you have to KNOW the material... as far as a time limit on studying I couldn't find anything as far as "you have X amount of time to take the test after registering" but for some reason I thought it was 8 months? I do know there are registration dates you have to make in order to take the test at the site closest to you..... but idk how far in advance you're allowed to register and get your materials....

What I mean is that once you start the test there is no time limit in finishing it. With the NSCA-CPT I think you have 2:30-3 hours.

Originally Posted by johncasto View Post
    Having a cert is one of the keys to getting started and will give you some practical knowledge, but it's only the start. Get one of the main certs and call it a day with that - you'll learn everything you need from practical experience and reading!

Some great books (even for female clients)

Practical programming for strength training by Mark Rippetoe
    Serious Strength Training by Tudor Bompa
    Strength Training Anatomy-3rd Edition by Frederic Delavier

You can find all of these and a ton of other great books on amazon for pennies on the dollar

After you learn the ropes of your gym, head off on your own! It's been amazing for myself opening my own business and I hope to see you do the same!
    Mark Rippetoe's programming is solid but his coaching on some exercises is pretty fail. Yeah, who am I a novice with barely 3 years experience to question the legendary Mark Rippetoe? I respect the guy deeply but that "jump and shrug" nonsense for the olympic lifts is such crap. You do NOT jump when you do the clean, or the snatch. ANy serious weightlifter will tell you that.

Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Omnis Potens is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by USAWchamp View Post
    The FMS certification isn't that great. It's just a 1 day seminar followed by a piss-easy test. The NASM CES is a better credential for the subject. Most of what you will learn with the FMS is useless stuff you will almost never find a need to apply.

To be fair, the USAW level-1 certification is much the same way. A lot of trainers cannot coach or even perform the olympic lifts though so it's still great to have.
    Do you think the USAW-L1SP is worth it? Any worthwhile coaching tips, cues, and/or progressions that couldn't be taught through self-study?

Originally Posted by Omnis Potens View Post
    Do you think the USAW-L1SP is worth it? Any worthwhile coaching tips, cues, and/or progressions that couldn't be taught through self-study?
    I think just about anything can be taught through self-study but it's really useful to have some hands on learning with the USAW courses. I already knew how to perform the olympic lifts before taking the course but you get a lot of useful information about exercise progression for people who are new to the lifts, and how to incorporate olympic weightlifting into an athlete's workout program.

It's a great credential if you work with athletes.

PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTenergy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all, new here and seconding the post above (about USAW being useful).

Got a few questions to ask tomorrow about some other stuff... wanted to drop in and introduce myself

-Jack

Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As a NASM certified trainer presently, I will give an easy answer. A CPT from NASM, ACSM, NSCA, ISSA and a CSCS from NSCA will give you unlimited possibility for a fitness career in this country. No gym would turn down that resume. Bottom line. I am currently studying for my CSCS and I love it. Most college exercise science classes use their book as a text.

Originally Posted by Footballa_19 View Post
    As a NASM certified trainer presently, I will give an easy answer. A CPT from NASM, ACSM, NSCA, ISSA and a CSCS from NSCA will give you unlimited possibility for a fitness career in this country. No gym would turn down that resume. Bottom line. I am currently studying for my CSCS and I love it. Most college exercise science classes use their book as a text.
    I know those are good ones for the U.S. still wondering what's the best one for Canada, the one held in highest regards for Canadian gyms lol still waiting for this answer!

I am planning on taking my NSCA-CPT in Edmonton on May 25th just hoping it's legit in Canada... and then doing the ISSA-Fitness Nutrition course later in the year so that I have both. I already know a lot just from my own experiences and spending hours researching and applying things to my own diets, routines, etc. But the certifications and books with be a nice addition and I'll finally be able to start training at my gym, which is a small local gym and I know the owner and she'd accept me with anything from CanFit to NASM, so she's of no help :P
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013

kukukatchu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WITS certification

Hi!i was wondering if anyone has gotten certified for personal training through WITS? I have the opportunity to get it done while being stationed overseas, but I am conflicted because I'm also checking out ACE certification.

Thoughts in either?

Brooksie_Baby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I must agree as far as highly recognized certifications. There are probably many more out there that are reputable as well, but these three come to my mind first (and I have the ACSM certifcation).

pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pSick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by daloufran View Post
    I think ACE has the best support of all the certifications. They even have a website to promote trainers. At the end of the day it will be the continuing education you complete that will set you apart from the rest.
    ISSA also has something for the entrepreneur once you finish their program. They have a website set up for you at no charge that's customizable (I assume). The rep told me over the phone before signing up that they pretty much have you business ready with marketing tips/tools and even business cards. As I haven't completed the course yet, that part of the site is accessible for me.

Can anyone elaborate more on this? I'd really like to know the full details myself--does anyone use their services?
    -=The Abyss Of Humanity, Is The Abyss Of Your Own Soul=-
    -=Always rep back=-

Dirty Bulk Crew
    ROC City Crew
    Lunk Crew

PHUK PLANET FITNESS

LaVey6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Just curious

Here is a question and it's just a question. Does any of you has any COLLEGE degree (sport science) besides your Personal Trainer certification? Remember, it is just a question(yes or no). NO OFFENCE! I'll be waiting for answers.

weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) weaponxpf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have my ACSM certification. Man was it tough! Passed on the second try. I have the eTextbook version of the ACSM personal trainer certification books and the NASM certification book. If anybody is interested just PM me or check out the link in my signature below :-)

spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spick1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    any one herd of fitness institute international?

CAC758 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LaVey6 View Post
    Here is a question and it's just a question. Does any of you has any COLLEGE degree (sport science) besides your Personal Trainer certification? Remember, it is just a question(yes or no). NO OFFENCE! I'll be waiting for answers.
    College is not required for CPT certs. It is required for CSCS though. If you have a exercise related degree, skip the CPT and go straight for the CSCS, trust me.
    Performance Specialist
    BS in Exercise Science, NSCA-CSCS

jjgibbs29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Npti

Originally Posted by netto View Post
    how is NPTI compare. I looked at their website and like that it has500 hours of actuall "class time" the rest seem to just be test passing accreditations. However it doesn't seem to be nationally recognized or accepted forms of certification from any gyms or training facilities.
    It sounds like a waste of $6,300 for not getting certified by the big 3.
    any thoughts on NPTI.
    NPTI is a separate entity, it is a school that works with NASM! When you complete their program you are a NASM certified personal trainer! The school can cost a lot of money, but it could be very beneficial! I don't know any gyms that you are saying would not hire a NPTI graduate, they actually work with some of the top gyms in the country, and many gyms will hire NPTI graduates right away! As they are NASM certified, and come out of school with training experience.

Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Michigan722 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just finished the NASM course they sent me a congrats letter, and NASM recommended CES and PES equally as a next step. I think it depends on which you would like to see yourself teaching. Personally as an athletic male, ill take PES all day
    See what I take for energy during workouts and who sponsors the physique freak!
    My sponsor http://www.trychampionenergy.com/#!nicholas-dirasian/cxl0
    Free motivation and advice! Instagram - nick_dirasian

mcpierson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mythic Beast View Post
    Huge waste of time and money, I hope that they don't succeed into scamming people.
    Where do i sign up? Maybe after law school i can just get more ignorant diplomas..

CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CeeGully187 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

I have a BS in health science. Is my degree an acceptable alternative to the exercise science/related degree in terms of achieving CSCS or ACSM-HFS certification(s)?