Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E-Tank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JSGymbo View Post
    Thinking about getting my ACE, but not really sure I know the point...does everyone feel like it's worth it? What if I already have a solid list of clients, or a ton of reviews/testimonials built up on my FB page--are there certs still really helpful?
    do you not have a cert at all right now? If not id get one just so if you get taken to court you dont get destroyed

Originally Posted by BMQ86 View Post
    Been into fitness for a long time. Always wanted to become a trainer. I am 28 now and still figuring out what i want to do in life. Starting to study for the NSCA CPT

If anyone has taken this test, and info or free study guides would be great. I got the essentials to personal training study guide already and its like 700 pages. So i have a lot of reading to do.
    I personally found the test pretty easy but im also in school for kinesiology so that obv helped a lot. If you dont have a base like i did then id definitely pound out those 700 pages or at least pay special attention to chapters or topics that you are least knowledgeable in. Its a good book that is full of useful info

davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) davethewarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it helpful to have more than one of these certifications?
    How long do they take on average to complete?
    Is the entire course only online or do they require some sort of live training?

Thanks.

jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How reputable is ACE?

My University offers the course at a pretty reduced price. ~200 USD. I'm enrolled next quarter to take the ACE Health Coach certification, but definitely would like to enroll in ACE's personal training program if this turns out successful. Being nineteen and new to the industry, I'm really only looking to get my feet in the water. With the reduced price, I figured I wouldn't be losing too much, anyhow.

How much will the certification get me, though? Is it worth it? Anyone have any success with ACE's certification?
    Personal Blog -- littletontwinsfitness.com

BB.com Online Workout Journal -- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168555843

Bench Press 1RM: 255lbs
    Deadlift: 5 reps @ 315lbs
    Squat 1RM: 275lbs

AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can I get some info on a few of the cheaper and quickest certs to get?

I work out in Japan on a US Airbase and just need a simple cert to bring in some extra cash. A lot of my money is tied up in side business already, hence looking for a cheaper cert. The guy who runs the gym will accept any cert I provide him.

Long term goal would be a NASM cert as well as multiple other certifications to possibly make a career later in life in the field, possibly run a gym one day.

I know a lot of the certified people out here will probably look down on getting the quickest or easiest cert but this is just a short term solution.
    **MISC STRENGTH CREW**

Current Gym Lifts: 445/305/515
    205 for 2 strict standing OHP

Lift heavy, Eat a ton, Get strong. Phuck everything else

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi. I personally have the ISSA CFT 3, and as far as I know I didn't have any problem to be recognized in Europe and here in Scotland. The book and the formation were pretty good, also if maybe they need an update. I found some information a bit old and some not true (like strenght training with 10-12 reps).
    Anyway I think ISSA it's ok.
    Personal Trainer & Sport Nutritionist Online.
    If you want me to coach you just message me here or on ********.
    "Instead of thinkin about waisting your money on supplements, think about if your diet and training are on point. 95% of time, they are not".

Profile (add me as friend) : http://on.fb.me/1TPdxER
    FB Page : http://on.fb.me/1K8LzhZ
    Youtube : http://bit.ly/1OdATm6

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilenjoyfit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AdamDTX View Post
    can I get some info on a few of the cheaper and quickest certs to get?

I work out in Japan on a US Airbase and just need a simple cert to bring in some extra cash. A lot of my money is tied up in side business already, hence looking for a cheaper cert. The guy who runs the gym will accept any cert I provide him.

Long term goal would be a NASM cert as well as multiple other certifications to possibly make a career later in life in the field, possibly run a gym one day.

I know a lot of the certified people out here will probably look down on getting the quickest or easiest cert but this is just a short term solution.
    Hi Adam. Issa is online and take time to study the book is around 700 pages. A quickest I don't know but if you look online i think you can find a solution maybe quicker if is just "a piece of paper" what you need.
    Personal Trainer & Sport Nutritionist Online.
    If you want me to coach you just message me here or on ********.
    "Instead of thinkin about waisting your money on supplements, think about if your diet and training are on point. 95% of time, they are not".

Profile (add me as friend) : http://on.fb.me/1TPdxER
    FB Page : http://on.fb.me/1K8LzhZ
    Youtube : http://bit.ly/1OdATm6

debysousa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) debysousa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) debysousa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile For learning

I am wondering which one is the best not just to "get certified" but to actually learn? I see most talking about just getting the books and test but I personally feel like I would get value of an online course, possibly a live workshop.... I am not getting certified to get a job as a trainer, I have my own business in health and nutrition, the certification would be for personal education (to train better, have more knowledge) and to add extra value (again added knowledge) to the customer I am already coaching.
    I don't care to do it quick and to just pass on a exam... I am looking for the best education. At the same time, I am not committed to becoming a "full time student" taking college or university course...
    So far I am inclined to do NASM as they seem to have a good online platform, live workshops and good student support... I would truly appreciate the input from those that have already done any of the "big 3" in what do you feel is the best one that wont just leave me with a book (I am not the most disciplined with text/workbooks self study).

Thanks a lot!

chase8oliver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by debysousa View Post
    I am wondering which one is the best not just to "get certified" but to actually learn? I see most talking about just getting the books and test but I personally feel like I would get value of an online course, possibly a live workshop.... I am not getting certified to get a job as a trainer, I have my own business in health and nutrition, the certification would be for personal education (to train better, have more knowledge) and to add extra value (again added knowledge) to the customer I am already coaching.
    I don't care to do it quick and to just pass on a exam... I am looking for the best education. At the same time, I am not committed to becoming a "full time student" taking college or university course...
    So far I am inclined to do NASM as they seem to have a good online platform, live workshops and good student support... I would truly appreciate the input from those that have already done any of the "big 3" in what do you feel is the best one that wont just leave me with a book (I am not the most disciplined with text/workbooks self study).

Thanks a lot!
    I know this post was made two months ago. If you haven't gotten your cert yet, and you want something challenging then go with NASM. They are extremely detail oriented. You will learn a great deal from the readings. Albeit you may not actually use a great majority of the knowledge you develop for your clients. (Simply because there is just so much information in their book.) Again, if it's more in depth knowledge you're looking for then NASM is the way to go. Their recertification is much easier since you're able to do it from home. I just did mine again a few weeks ago. Completed it in two days.

chase8oliver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I didn't go thru all the pages, but to anyone else reading this here's the bottom line...ultimately, your decision on what cert you get is based on (in my opinion) three things:

1) How much knowledge you want to attain.
    2) Where you plan to BEGIN working as a trainer and what cert they require.
    3) How quickly you want to get your cert so you can start working already!

NASM (which I did) is still held as the big enchilada. It takes longer to study and the test is tough. I originally got NASM because it seemed like it gave me "an upper hand" when getting hired. Turns out it wasn't too difficult at all to get your foot in the door. Also, come on, folks. There's a good chance you're not going to start off making as much $$$ NASM builds you up to believing. I already knew that, but MANY trainers get NASM because they think it's an automatic ticket to decent income. No. Your $$$ will come from hustling and figuring out how to sell yourself to potential clients...but, that's for a whole other post...

The truth is, especially if you're just going to start at a corporate gym like 24 Hour, LA Fitness, Crunch, or UFC, it reeeeally doesn't matter what cert you start out with. You can always get other certs too depending on what you want to learn...Trainers come and go at gyms so there's always a position needing to be filled. If I had to do it over again from a few years ago I would have honestly gone with a quicker program like NESTA. Yes, NASM has a wealth of information, but if I'm keeping it 100? You might use/remember 30-40% of what you studied. A lot of what I utilize with my clients today comes from what I learned amongst by peers and hands on experience. Many of my friends and peers have said similar things too.
    Last edited by chase8oliver; 07-11-2015 at 11:15 PM.

LJH1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by XtremeFitnessINC View Post
    To be completely honest with you, any recognized cert is good enough if you are working for yourself as opposed to a gym. Gym's are more specific in what type of cert but the average trainee has no idea of what certification trumphs the next. As long as you apear to be a very fit individual and if your networking skills are up to par you'll do great! I can't even begin to tell you about how many people that hired me as a trainer because of how I personally look. So no stress, I say follow through with ACE and make that money
    I used to work for educational delivery company in the UK for fitness qualifications and in all honesty the qualification itself is not that important as long as its recognised. In the UK there is a company called Origym Centre of Excellence. that offers course for £800 - £900 quid for both gym and PT, yet their are some companies charging £3,000 for the same qualifications!

aflo1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am certified through NSCA. It is definitely reputable and they come out with great research.

lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kserajuddin View Post
    Read this -
    That was a great link full of great stuff to read for new and experienced trainers! thanks alot man!
    Exercise science crew

MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've received certifications from both ISSA and NASM. From my experience it seems ISSA pays more attention to nutritional needs than NASM overall however NASM IMO has a much better screening and assessment process to better address needs of the client with regards to functionality and performance.

Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by chase8oliver View Post
    I didn't go thru all the pages, but to anyone else reading this here's the bottom line...ultimately, your decision on what cert you get is based on (in my opinion) three things:

1) How much knowledge you want to attain.
    2) Where you plan to BEGIN working as a trainer and what cert they require.
    3) How quickly you want to get your cert so you can start working already!

NASM (which I did) is still held as the big enchilada. It takes longer to study and the test is tough. I originally got NASM because it seemed like it gave me "an upper hand" when getting hired. Turns out it wasn't too difficult at all to get your foot in the door. Also, come on, folks. There's a good chance you're not going to start off making as much $$$ NASM builds you up to believing. I already knew that, but MANY trainers get NASM because they think it's an automatic ticket to decent income. No. Your $$$ will come from hustling and figuring out how to sell yourself to potential clients...but, that's for a whole other post...

The truth is, especially if you're just going to start at a corporate gym like 24 Hour, LA Fitness, Crunch, or UFC, it reeeeally doesn't matter what cert you start out with. You can always get other certs too depending on what you want to learn...Trainers come and go at gyms so there's always a position needing to be filled. If I had to do it over again from a few years ago I would have honestly gone with a quicker program like NESTA. Yes, NASM has a wealth of information, but if I'm keeping it 100? You might use/remember 30-40% of what you studied. A lot of what I utilize with my clients today comes from what I learned amongst by peers and hands on experience. Many of my friends and peers have said similar things too.
    I agree about the cert. not mattering, but the Y where I plan to work as a CPT would not accept the NFPT cert. They are doing a discount with AFAA, so I decided to do that. It really matters who will accept what cert. since that will be where you work.
    [x] cutting
    [ ] bulking

“Stronger than yesterday, weaker than tomorrowâ€

SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100)

It Doesn't Matter

I know that's not the answer anyone was looking for. But in my 14 years as a personal fitness coach and exercise therapist, I have been asked for my certification about 2 times. (In all fairness, I do have both ISSA certifications hanging on the wall of my office). Don't get me wrong. You should have a certification. But because the industry is still unregulated, the type, accreditation and duration really doesn't matter much.

With that said, if you know you are going to work at a gym, you need to do your homework before you plunk down hundreds or thousands of dollars. Get out and talk to all the managers of every gym within a 20 mile radius of where you live. ask them what their favorite certification is. They will tell you. Believe me, they are all biased toward the few they like best. Circle the organization that pops up the most. Then work hard at getting that certification. Hurry up and complete it. It may not be the flavor-of-the-month for very long.

I think the best certification you can have is your enormous biceps and quads. Show them babies off, and no one is going to care that you know how to explain Krebs-Cycle Oxydation!

As far as having a degree in personal fitness, wellness, or kinesiology, I think you are wasting your time and money. Your clients aren't going to care. In fact, it may actually be a detriment, since they may view as being over-qualified (therefore, over-priced). You are better off getting a Physical Education teaching degree and license. That way, you have something to fall back on if you don't want to be in business anymore. A kinesiology degree is too limited, in my opinion.

Hope this helps
    Steve Epperson, Las Cruces, NM
    admin@SteveEpperson.com

SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100) SteveEpperson is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jaceeritchie View Post
    So I've been studying for my ACE cert. but now am wondering if it's even good enough to get full-time clientele with? Is ISSA better, or should I just go for one of the certs outlined at the beginning of this thread? Btw, my goal is to work for myself, not in any particular gym. (I realize I need to work in various gyms with their permission for different clients.)
    One last question: has anyone had any problems training clients in their homes? What do you do for self protection - just in case? Yeah, I'm a newbie!
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I think you will have great success with an ACE cert. You can work anywhere with it. I've been with ISSA for almost 14 years. They're really solid on the science.

I trained people in their homes for many years and had no problems, but I'm a guy. You may want to give your schedule to a friend or family member each working day. Also, you could call in to them after every session until you are established. Just an idea. More ideas at freetrainermarketing.com

You can reach me at admin@SteveEpperson.com. I would like to see more women make longer careers out of fitness. We need you in the industry. E-mail me with questions you may have and I'll be glad to help.
    Steve Epperson.

ngockv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for

Registered User EgoscueUniverse's Avatar
    EgoscueUniverse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you looking to help others live a pain free lifestyle though posture therapy? Egoscue University was initially created to help health practitioners expand their ability to improve the lives of their clients. By introducing postural therapy to various kinds of traditional modalities, client success and overall wellness rates reached new heights.

The Egoscue Method is the world leader in non-medical pain relief. With clinics worldwide, the Egoscue Method has helped thousands of individuals tap into their body’s ability to heal itself and free themselves of chronic pain.This easy and gentle method has a 94% success rate without the use of drugs, manipulation, or surgery.

The certification programs at Egoscue University are fun, interactive, and favor an immersion approach. Just like learning a foreign language, results are best when students surround themselves with the Method at every opportunity. With all the tools the University provides its students, you will be delivering a very high level of therapy quicker than you might expect.

By enrolling in the Postural Alignment Specialist (PAS) certification track, you'll begin looking at the body in a new way. The PAS certification allows you to focus holistically on overall body alignment in addition to specific trouble areas.

The coursework moves students sequentially through classes with quizzes and performance reviews by Egoscue University instructors. Students can attend seminars in either an online or in-person group setting.

At Egoscue University, we offer several levels of certification. While all of our students complete the PAS course to lay the foundation of the Egoscue methodology, those looking to continue their education after completing the PAS certification have options that allow them to expand their knowledge base and expand the scope of their practice. In addition to the PAS, we also offer Therapy Skills (strongly recommended for anyone implementing Egoscue in a daily practice), and our Advanced Exercise Therapist (AET) certification (again, strongly recommended for anyone implementing Egoscue on a daily basis).

Visit egoscueuniversity.com for more information or give the university a call at 800-933-9811

tolyadobr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any info relevant for 2016? I've been checking out a few certifications, ISAA seems to be best for value, but the accreditation is kinda weird. How long did it take you to find a job after obtaining a certificate? Do those organisations help with getting employed? Thank you

chrisisntfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisisntfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisisntfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisisntfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisisntfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisisntfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chrisisntfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tolyadobr View Post
    Any info relevant for 2016? I've been checking out a few certifications, ISAA seems to be best for value, but the accreditation is kinda weird. How long did it take you to find a job after obtaining a certificate? Do those organisations help with getting employed? Thank you
    I have ACE and I got a job at Anytime Fitness the moment I scheduled my exam. They don't help with employment necessarily but they do have jobs posted on their website. Most gym owners know that it doesn't necessarily matter which certification you have, a good personal trainer comes from experience and actually generally caring about your clients. Most gyms will put you on a 'trial' period and have you mentor with a veteran trainer to start off anyways.
    Lifting since June 9th, 2014
    INBF Bikini and BCABBA Bikini Tall May 2016
    #250KChallange 2016
    5'9" and 161 SW
    CW 153 lbs

DL 185lb
    Squat 135 lbs
    Bench 115lbs

Coming off Piriformis injury

tolyadobr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chrisisntfit View Post
    I have ACE and I got a job at Anytime Fitness the moment I scheduled my exam. They don't help with employment necessarily but they do have jobs posted on their website. Most gym owners know that it doesn't necessarily matter which certification you have, a good personal trainer comes from experience and actually generally caring about your clients. Most gyms will put you on a 'trial' period and have you mentor with a veteran trainer to start off anyways.
    Thank you for the feedback, I didn't expect someone to actually answer, lol.
    Last edited by tolyadobr; 04-04-2016 at 03:25 PM.

SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SCfitness7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have done a lot of research on the best personal training certifications over the years and have written an updated version of my top 10. It pretty much doesn't matter which certification you get certified through as long as the gym that you are looking to get hired at excepts it. Some certifications have changed a lot over the last 10 years or so for the better in some for the worse. In general my top four certifications are ACSM, NSCA, NASM and ACE. And although I said experience is more important than holding a certification, these certifications do specialize in one area or another relative to the other certifications. If you are interested in corrective exercise training I would go with either NASM or ACSM. That means if you are working with elderly individuals for the most part. In since most people that buy personal training are elderly individuals, these certifications are pretty good options especially if you are working in a commercial gym. NSCA is more focused on strength training and power training with an emphasis on sports. This is clearly evident due to the fact that they lead you right into their advanced CSCS certification. ACE is a great overall certification that has improved greatly over the last 10 years. It is a very basic certification and does not really specialize in one area more than others. This is also a great certification for someone just starting out. Check out more information on the other six certifications here: http://www.ptpioneer.com/best-person...ication-guide/ I hope people get good use out of this to figure out what certification is best for their needs.

Deepamot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great resourse

MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000) MoeCrusader07 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey all,

I've read through some of the thread and definitely a great resource so I appreciate all of the information and opinions in here.

So without going into a whole life story, I recently pulled myself out of some serious crap (well I say recently been a good 18 months now). Anyways, fitness is something my senior year of high school determined to lose weight, blah blah. Point being, I really love it and I am seriously considering trying to make a career of it.

Money is a little tight right now, and I know I can get more certs in the future, so I guess what would you're opinion be on the best bang for your buck cert? Online courses to work towards it? I am a pretty good self-learner so I don't necessarily need a program but figure if there is an affordable option, I'd consider it. If not, best resources to use to study before taking said cert exam?

Any help or guidance is extremely appreciated. Thanks.
    Heaviest: 350lbs, 45% BF

««Diehard»»
    Cincinnati Bengals | Cincinnati Reds | Ohio State Buckeyes
    ««Family Ties & Fan»»
    UTenn | WVU | Univ. Cincinnati | Cleveland Cavaliers

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory." - Patton

bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bjbjr123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd go with top comment and ace to the mix.everything I see online includes ace.

AlNamry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello everyone.
    Who knows about REPs certification for UAE works being involved?
    Who had passed already ? How to be overprepared?
    Thanks a lot. Have a good day!

Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Krusevsky has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello,
    How reputable is IFBB personal trainer course in US and internationally?

elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elCPT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think NASM is the best, but their education is a little dry. I used Fitnessmentors.com to teach me how to pass the NASM CPT Exam and it was the best decision I made as far as learning goes. They teach you whats on the test as well as what is most important for the field, making sense of all the scientific jargon. I used their audio lectures, practice tests and study guide and it saved me money that i would have wasted on nasms education. definitely check them out if you are going to do NASM. They have a free study guide too fitnessmentors.com/free-nasm-cpt-study-guide/

Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Camms1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to work in Europe and have a US cert, the only ones accepted with Ereps are NASM, ACE, NSCA and ACSM. You might still get a job but being registered with the European Register of Exercise Professionals looks abit more legit.

Laurabev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Issa is one of the best certifications!