nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50)

protein without the calories?

hey...i have a question
    i want to increase my protein intake and reduce my carbs
    i just started using fitday and it made me realize that im consuming too much carbs and not enough protein
    my diet consists of lots of fruits and vegetables...
    my question is are there any protein products without calories? like capsules? and what would you recommend?
    i want to stick to a 1500 calories a day and most protein shakes and stuff contain way to much

thank!
    "one must suffer to deserve"
    "consistency is key"
    "slow pace truly wins the race"

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nadiamab View Post
    hey...i have a question
    i just started using fitday and it made me realize that im consuming too much carbs and not enough protein
    my question is are there any protein products without calories? like capsules? and what would you recommend?
    i want to stick to a 1500 calories a day and most protein shakes and stuff contain way to much

thank!
    Protein pills have calories and are a waste.

Sounds like there are other issues floating around here. Eat or drink food for protein. It's just that simple. Reduce intake of other things but I would question your caloric intake as it is.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500)
    Are you cutting when you weight 150 at 5'7?

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    try to get your protien from real food. Cook up some chicken breasts on Sunday and eat them all week long.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tann5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your obviously new to this so I'll cut you some slack but so you know- 1g protein=4 calories and 1500 calories is definitely not enough\healthy unless you are a pre-teenage girl(and a small one at that).

Are you looking to gain muscle?
    Last edited by tann5000; 09-14-2008 at 01:07 PM.

nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50) nadiamab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tann5000 View Post
    Your obviously new to this so I'll cut you some slack but so you know- 1g protein=4 calories and 1500 calories is definitely not enough\healthy unless you are a pre-teenage girl(and a small one at that).
    1500 calories is fine for me...i dont stave myself or anything and i eat when im hungry.
    i
    "consistency is key"

Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500) Deskilla is not very helpful. (-500)
    I say eat a lot more and lift but that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Deskilla View Post
    Are you cutting when you weight 150 at 5'7?
    sorry if i sound dumb. but im new to the macro thing...i lost 50 lbs so far and i havent had plateau or anything
    but im still on a quest to lose another 25 lbs
    i increase my workout either in duration or intensity or routine
    everytime i lose 8 lbs
    if that answer your question..i dont know..lol
    "consistency is key"

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sorry if i sound dumb. but im new to the macro thing...i lost 50 lbs so far and i havent had plateau or anything
    but im still on a quest to lose another 25 lbs
    i increase my workout either in duration or intensity or routine
    everytime i lose 8 lbs
    if that answer your question..i dont know..lol
    WHAT ? You want your weight to be at 125 lbs
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fixor101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For every 1 gram of protein you take in, you are going to get 4 calories. That is absolutely unavoidable.

There is no such thing as a protein product without calories - it is impossible.

Originally Posted by Fixor101 View Post
    For every 1 gram of protein you take in, you are going to get 4 calories. That is absolutely unavoidable.

There is no such thing as a protein product without calories - it is impossible.
    hhaha...thanks
    your right
    i just hoped...ah well.
    "consistency is key"

L_Dub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Besides, it's not the quantity of your calories, it's the QUALITY of your calories.

So, I'm not sure why you're worried about the calories in protein, especially lean protein.

http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/abs-diet-plan.html

---------------------------

http://www.best-abs-exercises.com

Originally Posted by daYDreAmErX View Post
    WHAT ? You want your weight to be at 125 lbs
    every body is different.
    im 150 and theres still tons of fat .my thighs ar still biig and so is my belly
    besides im aiming to get a 6 pack so i have to loe my body fat
    "consistency is key"

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you guys realize the OP is a girl?

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daYDreAmErX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Do you guys realize the OP is a girl?
    Yes, and ? 125 lbs at 5'7" is still too low IMO (depending of bf%)
    Government is for slaves
    Free men govern themselves

BJJ + Navy log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164870361

5-7 125 is perfect

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gracehbd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi

As above - 1g of protein = 4 cals. But there's no point having protein without cals anyway because your muscles badly need those too. Plus it's actually pretty easy to have a high protein/low cal diet, keep up the lean meats/fish etc and reduce carbs. But remember too few cals WILL decrease muscle!

IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IBey777 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey...i have a question

thank!
    To calculate your caloric intake you need to have some idea of daily caloric requirement according to your age, size, sex, and lifestyle. http://bodybuilding.com/fun/issa64.htm

Once that is calculated. Know that:
    1g Protein = 4 calories
    1g Carbohydrate = 4 calories
    1g Fat = 9 Calories

Next, decide you macro-nutrient ratios...

Finally, get used to reading labels and only consuming high quality foods.
    FOCUS. COMMIT. EXECUTE. REPEAT !!!

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    5-7 125 is perfect
    It's a decent base to build off. For a woman at 5'7''.

and 1500-1700kcal should certainly be OK. I would try to stay at about 10x Body Weight or above if you can though.

As 10incity said, you're going to have to deduce intake of something(s). Possibly some fruit if you eat a lot, or maybe a bit of fruit/carbs and some fats. This is where it becomes a bit of 'what works best for you'.

Oh snap i thought it was a guy, my bad. Proceed then .

911Muscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that is kind of the same problem I have, I have to eat enough Protein but at the same time keep my calories down, take a multivitamin pack and reduce the fruits and vegetables (also take a fiber supp) and then maybe substitute the lost calories you get from fruits and veggies with lean chicken or fish!

wow..haha

its so funny everyone thought i was a guy.
    i posted a comment and then left the house,came back and everyone is talking about them thinkin i was a guy

well thanks for your advice and the good laugh
    "consistency is key"

After reviewing your progress pix you're definitely not a guy
    (compliment intended )

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB