Closed Thread
    Titan2782 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine Mono vs GNC Apmplified creatine 189 - My review

To start, I am no expert in body building nor the human body itself. But, this is my experience with these two products.

I started taking the GNC amplified creatine 189 product about 2 months ago. I had never taken creatine before. I couldn't really tell any difference in my workout specifically related to the amp 189 because I was taking other supplements along with it. My workouts did improve however overall.

Reading what reviews there were, no one had a good opinion of amp 189 so I decided to grab some mono and try it out. I gave myself 2 days of no creatine or supplements to "clean things out" and then I loaded for a week. 20g of the mono for 5 days. I would take two scoops twice a day.

Taking the mono made me feel very weak and a little sick, but that went away once I worked out.

During my workout while taking the mono, I noticed that I would sweat a whole lot more than I normally did. I also noticed a decline in performance.

I switched back to the amp 189 on day 6 and the next workout went much better. I did not sweat hardly at all (on same workout routine) and I felt much better during and after the workout process.

In my personal experience the GNC amp 189 did provide some benefits over the regular mono.

To be fair, there may have been other factors involved that I am not aware of like the other supplements I was taking. I was taking 2g of arganine, no protein, 120mg ginko, 100mg milk thistle, 200mcg chromium pic., b complex and sometimes 100mcg biotin. I took the mono with a glass of cranberry or orange juice, I took the amp 189 with water or tea. I usually took the amp 189 after lunch and the mono after breakfast and after lunch.

Recap: With the mono I found decreased performance and increased amounts of sweating vs the amp 189.

I would like to give mono another shot since I still have it, any ideas what may have been wrong? Maybe the amp 189 is a better solution for me?

rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Titan2782 View Post

To be fair, there may have been other factors involved that I am not aware of like the other supplements I was taking. I was taking 2g of arganine, @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@no protein@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@, 120mg ginko, 100mg milk thistle, 200mcg chromium pic., b complex and sometimes 100mcg biotin. I took the mono with a glass of cranberry or orange juice, I took the amp 189 with water or tea. I usually took the amp 189 after lunch and the mono after breakfast and after lunch.
    wait whut

370zya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so you would say that it really is worth spending the extra 30 bucks for the gnc amp creatine?

CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CLB23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you took the mono with cranberry juice? Your supposed to take creati e monohydrate with water and drink 120oz of water daily while taking creatine to see its proper effect
    "Everyone wants to get big. But no one wants to lift heavy ****." -Ronnie Coleman

I rep Back

Looking to bulk up to 150lbs

Revock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been taking the Creatine AMP 189 for a month and a half. I honestly can't tell if it is working at all. I have been getting stronger, but not the kind of strong I couldn't have gotten without it.

I do notice I crap out the pill often.

I emailed GNC about this and they said it was just the coating that doesn't get digested and that in their tests it did improve performance blah blah.

I don't know if this is true, but I have read that the way this creatine works is by by-passing the stomach acid (using the coating) so that it gets released in the intestines where it can be fully absorbed. Yet the pills (or coating) that I crap out seem to have quite a bit of creatine still in them. At least one of them did. That's right I checked.

The thing is I don't know how this stuff works. The directions are vague - they say to take it anytime. Well does that mean it gets loaded over time, because it would take a while to get into your intestines I think.

Overall it is very convenient but I can't risk buying it again because I have no proof it works. I haven't read many positive reviews. I know I crap out a very suspicious pill like object when I take it, and that to me is a red flag that say do not buy this crap.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CLB23 View Post
    you took the mono with cranberry juice? Your supposed to take creati e monohydrate with water and drink 120oz of water daily while taking creatine to see its proper effect
    Taking creatine mono with some type of fruit juice is perfectly fine and recommended by many people on these forums.

dmann304 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was dabating on this too as to is it worth it or not to spend 40 bucks on it.

My bud james says he notices a nice difference when he does benchpress so i might give it a shot.

adubree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you crap it out youre not drinkin enough water.

seanao1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Use creatine mono, if you look at how creatine works in the body, creatine mono is the way to go, its the most researched and proven and cheapest by far

drumrat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adubree View Post
    if you crap it out youre not drinkin enough water.
    After a great deal of reading, hydration was one of my concerns with this product. I can say that this product was money down the toilet, literally. I over achieved my water intake each day for a week and each and every BM contained the pills. GNC gladly took the product back and was completely aware that this is common.