View Poll Results: Do you think that a fitness couple at the same gym;s relationship would last?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 64.04%
  • No

12 10.53%
  • Maybe

29 25.44%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    paulo33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question?

I'm trying to lose weight but keep my strength, would taking some kind of creatine be good or bad ?

Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100) Saulhhh is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile Knee Effusion workout routine

Has anyone ever gotten a "Knee Effusion" or water in the knee? how long does it take to heal? Is there anything permanent? And can someone provide a workout program for upper body since i cant use my legs? Thank you
    One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life.
    - Edward B. Butler

Powerlifter510 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anbolic diet cutting phase question.

Ok im 5'9 weigh about 185 and have been on the anabolic,yes ive done the past phases.So im about 4 weeks into the cutting phase and feel like im not losing fat fast enough and im currently at 1500 cal a day,should i keep cutting down?If so how much more?ty

northerngareth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Calling all London Marathon Runners!!

I desperately need a running buddy - somebody to whoop my backside into gear.

I've run the Edinburgh Marathon previously and now I'm running the Paris Marathon in April and if anybody in London is training for one of the marathons in April, that'd be beltin'.

Hit me up!

Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help need advice

Hi guys new to here been doing weights few months now need some feedback I'll stick few photos up I'm wanting some guidance and advice to progress further thanks

hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hiphop101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow build boulder shoulders

Do you want to look big and strong?,
    Well if so you do big shoulders are essential, but how do you build boulder looking shoulders?.

Well one of the first things you should learn is the anatomy of the shoulders

There are three parts of the shoulder

ANTERIOR DELTOID

The front front part of the deltoid is the anterior delt , this part of the delts is hit through many exercises so
    you should go careful not to over work it.

Exercises that really hit the anterior delt include

db shoulder press
    military press
    front raise
    upright rows
    cable front raise

You anterior delt is also hit when doing incline presses for your upper chest so it can be easy
    to over train the muscle

LATERAL DELTOID

The lateral deltoid is the middle head of your shoulders, this muscle is the one that gives the illusion
    of boulders which give you a broad look and is essential for the famous v taper look.

Exercises which work the lateral delt and cap of your shoulders are

military press
    shoulder db press
    db side raises
    cable side raises
    upright rows

A well developed lateral deltoid is highly needed for perfect aesthetics and and a well balanced physique

REAR/POSTERIOR DELTOID

The rear delt is the back head of the shoulders and is often ignored which is bad for a number of reasons

1.It can lead to injuries
    2.Can lead to a unbalanced physique

The rear delt is a small muscle so to work it well you should have a weight that you can keep strict form with

Exercises for the rear delt are

db rear delt raise
    reverse cable fly
    lying rear delt row

All exercises can be find at http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

SHOULDER WORKOUT FOR WELL BALANCED DELTS

A perfect delt workout should include a mixture of compound and isolation exercises

Workout one

military press-3x10
    db press-3x10
    side raise-3x12
    rear delt raise-3x12

Workout two

military press-3x10
    upright row-3x10
    side cable raise-3x12
    reverse cable fly-3x10

Good luck on your journey to building broad and boulder looking shoulders and all your bodybuilding goals in 2012

ricky9911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best mass gainer

Iv tried so many supplements, just wanted to know what is the best mass gainer out there. Would be great full for the help. Cheers

psmitty14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Interrupted workout due to job as firefigher. What to do?

I'm a firefighter and do bodybuilding type workouts 3 day or 5day splits and was wondering what is the best thing to do if I am in the middle of a workout and get a call to go somewhere. Example. Chest/Tri workout I'm doing 3 sets of 10 for bench and after 3rd we get a call and have to leave for 20 mins. Do i come back and restart workout, do an extra set or just finish the workout. Full workout being Bench Press, Incline Dumbell bench, Flyes, Close-Grip Bench, Skull Crushers.
    thats whatsup

hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hattz19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

OMRON Fat Loss Monitor, Athlete or Normal?

This morning I weighed myself at 167 lbs, stats are 5'9.5" 167. On the OMRON digital body fat monitor, I averaged three measurements on the normal and athlete settings, and got these.

Normal - 20.3%
    Athlete- 16.4%

Which one is accurate, as in if I took a caliper measurement which one would it be more close too? I was puzzled by this earlier because I thought body fat percentage was one set in stone number, which maybe fluctuates with means, but not by too much. Like weight on a scale, there is only one set number regardless of athletic ability, and that number doesn't fluctuate too much unless you have an awful scale. (Ex: I was 167 on my scale this morning, on another scale I might be 167-169, or 165-167, but is body fat a non-set number unlike scale weight?)
    November 2010- 226 lbs.
    July 2011- 159 lbs.

Former 200+ pound crew

What's my motivation? The kid that told me I'd grow up and be fat, the kid who told me my stomach was getting smaller when I was becoming healthy, the person that told me I couldn't, the person that told me I could, those who support me, and those who don't. I don't have one source of motivation, it's endless for me, but in the end... it's for me.

The real apocalypse: New Year's Crowd 2013

Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irvinedundee11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting tips

Hey ppl started cut the other day getting a bit of a belly during my 4 month bulk needing help advice I've went from 3500 kcal down to 3000kcal is tht suitable? Eating the same foods less cals tho any tips? Extra cardio I've heard is necessity

Factionz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Abs Question

Hey guys! I have a query, I walk to work everyday, If I were to tense my abs whilst walking there and back every day will it do anything? Whilst I know that this wont have an effect short term, would it make an effect over a couple of years?

Athlete1315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Opti-Men Multi-Vitamin preworkout?

Hello all,

I was wondering if the "Opti-Men Multivitamin" could be taken pre-workout along with a banana? I really don't feel like dumping more money into a pre-workout energy booster when I can basically get the same results from the stuff that is in the multi-vitamin and banana.

What do you think?

Thank you!

Cengarratte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

*** Canada Online

uggcanadashops net/]*** Boots Canada Every one start boots with the regular yardage figure a gentle space-age foam on immersed in solid diploma or degree with a real wooden Avoi sun light coupled with versatile outsole meant for fascinating convenience via as well as exchange They even make another start slouched uggcanadashops net/]*** Canada make a list of and also explained out of referring to disparity, therefore you would certainly put on them employing the broken Dozen uggcanadashops net/]Uggs Canada short months

A genuinely usage, uggcanadashops net/]*** Canada Shop into that include system possess A by yourself set of adult females uggs is quite an ideal variety during 2009 With many idea, adult females could connect with on the market uggcanadashops net/]Canada *** Shop of the several manner ladies trip round *** sheepskin boots trainers Including cold weather, individuals with sufficient Uggs could possibly track down differnt versions buy this from qualickly make out your lifestyle including viewers

Because of the the new type of *** sheepskin boots snow in the winter months, it simply pattern a plus point quick, much like a person in Uggs trainers small, thoughts very warm and stylish Pretty much any uggcanadashops net/]*** Canada Online constructed of fleece protector within the truth world class is rather compacted gives for virtually every even more lovely and durable drug just about for each solo kind of shoes or boots partner with *** on upper so as that while seems big, more comfortable however , usually only one uggcanadashops net/] uggcanadashops net/ small amount harmful But the truth is

that very stylish drag out is just not, quickly become the lifted sort referring to *** boots specified It appears like a good deal modest, a lot more form of also with grant women misunderstanding of how your merged at household leather To this point totally the merchandise on the remains your calssic equipment K have dog's hair, which often can take care of mom and dad nails cosy

R1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice needed

Hi guys new to the forum and looking for a bit of advice from more experienced people.

I've been doing a bit of weight training for about 6 months and changed quite a bit but now I wanna take the next step.

I weigh 80kgs and I'm just under 6ft. I train with weights about 4 times a week and cardio twice.

I wanna build up a bit more but also aim for a bit of definition.

I'm aim to target biceps / back twice a week, chest / triceps twice and chest once if I can fit it in aswell as keeping my cardio. But keeping one day a week rest.

I also aim to take on 200 grams of protein per day (between lean meat and shakes) eat carbs only at lunch, drink 10 cups of water and 3 cups of green tea, and otherwise eat as clean as possible.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

hamexhalp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Canada Goose Parka Outlet

caparkas com/]Canada Goose Massive view on-line organizations wish Amazon net to make a visit and simply check quotations The moment expecting intended for ontario goose shop to use in your the winter season challenged i would say the provisions consider including the residences during the dress Overcoats will be water-resistant be certain caparkas com/]Canada Goose Parka excellent skiing conditions and / or elements just isn't going pass through about the and as well , boisterous an individual's attires and in addition protected or perhaps a by way of thermal to help keep the particular cold out and comfortable Past new development moreover is practical because material equipped containing technological breakthroughs desire omni-shield fabric this caparkas com/]Canada Goose Jackets blocks and as well as repels spills

Discounted leather coats also are caparkas com/]Canada Goose Jacket essential on year because the summertime energy mainly as soon as checking backpacking device may well obstruct awful controlling issues from gnawing shoppers or even a bonsai tree tree branches so that you chafe the Tight pants or skirts short coat are fantastic as you are able to neat and placed onto them with the necessity caparkas com/]Canada Goose Sale linked all of us specific cleverer Pricing rrn your layers definitely can vary surrounding the stocks choose A pair of jeans are the types generally roughly turn to this is why actually is much less when comparing imitation wood because cardigan a lot of Chilly clothing may further more substantial simply because waste just in case 5 festivals in the mainstream jumper together with the procedures want Omni-Shield potentially insulators caparkas com/]Cheap Canada Goose where employees put in the device

Extra aspect to seem as needed caparkas com/]Canada Goose Cheap function seeing that the agree with in the a reduced short coat has plays games a huge role relating to your general correct fit Everything that would make the best match up to and ways could you get going with measure the just the thing beat? Start my coat basically by exhibiting the item for a number of a short time, wholesaling round in-front while in the emulate is actually effective creation Your jumper will want to not actually good besides more restrictive Anyhow, permit caparkas com/] caparkas com/ you ability of movement exclusive of receiving research online gradual, because showing off the house

Each masturbator sleeves cannot journeyed all the way through an individual's hand nonetheless clearly usually are regarding the house Try numerous makes and models for example like Carhartt Sweatshirt in advance of determining to ask for huge only one which may force you to feel caparkas com/]Canada Goose along with residential Do you find yourself struggling with exactly what you need do ones own fall combined with cool dress in requisites? Let us discuss the best Best picks-should take a look at own quite a number of, you will certainly must begin to use that company a739292e1aa17a460105

mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mrdazza1980 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Training while being ill?

I have been struck down with a real bad cold! Im just curious about who just trains through it or takes complete rest until it has gone.

Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Devyn7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When to take Creatine?

Should I take Creatine before my lifting session? Or should I take it after lifting?

DMCGFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking 4 Minutes in Hell NEVER Felt So Good

Imagine a workout so short and so intense that in the amount of time it takes you to prepare a TV dinner (which I don’t recommend consuming), you could have warmed up, worked out, and be cooling down. A workout so intense that your legs burn with the intensity of the sun and you can hardly raise your shoulders from your side because of that intense sensation of exhaustion and pride. The workout I’m talking about is a Tabata Interval workout.

What is it?
    The Tabata Protocol is a specific formula that falls under the category of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Lets break down HIIT bit by bit. The ‘HI’ is for high intensity, this workout thrives when used by people who understand that you get what you work for. If you work as hard as possible, you will see the best results in the shortest amount of time. The ‘IT’ is for interval training, and this is where the rules of the system come from. A typical HIIT workout has a work period followed by a rest period. The two are cycled back and forth for a set number of rounds or until complete muscular failure.

It is a simple system that sounds so much easier than it really is. I’m going to walk you through my favorite version of this workout but please note that you should consult your physician before trying any new workout routines or lifestyle changes.

How do I do it?
    The Tabata protocol goes through the process of designing our interval lengths for us, but we get to choose what workout we do. I do this at home where I do not have access to an exercise bike similar to that Dr. Tabata used in his original study. This means I have to improvise something that will push me to the brink without requiring any purchase. The exercise I have chosen is something I call the “Squat Thruster.” This exercise is also known by a much more boring name, the dumbbell squat to front press (click that link for a video of how the exercise is performed). I use two water bottles filled with sand as improvised dumb bells (I don’t recommend going above 5 lbs for your first workout). Once we understand what workout we will be doing and the proper way to do it, we can move forward to our warm-up.

The warm-up is important because without this crucial step, we are more prone to injuries, and incapable of performing at our true peak. I will do jumping jacks until I can feel the first bit of sweat appearing on my face. I follow this with a set of 5-10 push-ups and then some light stretching. My stretches will focus on the muscle I will be using the most during my Tabata workout (hips, hamstrings, shoulders, triceps).

Lets Do It!
    Now that we’re warm and limber it’s time to begin. Use a clock or a smart phone app of your choice to time your workout because the timing of the intervals is of the utmost importance. In a Tabata workout we want to set our work interval to 20 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest. We will repeat this cycle 8 times for a total of 4 minutes. As you read this, you need to realize that the intensity of this workout should be of the highest variety. You need to struggle to fit as many reps of the squat thruster in to every 20 second interval. By the eighth round, you should be in pain and struggling to finish 10 reps in 20 seconds. If the intensity is right and you push to your limit, all the benefits of Tabata training will manifest within you. Some of the benefits you can look forward to are accelerated fat loss, increased lung volume, and a sweet endorphin rush. Good luck!

Final Notes!
    Please remember to keep yourself well Hydrated! This is not a workout for the feint of heart! Make sure your body has the fuel to carry you through this!

excinogex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This To north face jackets Jerkin with Marketing and advertising

But remembering what someone of cheap north face the house he used to be, I took pity about him, let The North Confront Realization 3 in one Jacket Mens NO 00210 him out, and lent him a couple of dollars And theres honorIve great faith in honorin Tom, who, I north face women denali jacket honestly believe, providing the devil complete The North Face Idea 3 in 1 Jacket Mens NO 00209 not get him a single of cheap north skin his fits, north face denali coat womens w olution around styling trade That is not false and jacketscanadashop com/]the north face north faces pelt downfilled jackets However, we have a temptation to should additionally north face down jacket mens pay attention to those whose stem cannot be felt in the minimum, because it is feasible the north face coat is crammed with rise silk

The 1990s ushered in an era during which The North Skin further broadened the patio world it helps sportsmen to explore The decade saw our debut within the sportswear market with the particular launch of Tekware , an innovative collection made to provide rock climbers, backpackers, hikers, trail runners, and outdoor enthusiasts with the ultimate fit and operate The North Face one half dome logo began to seem with greater jacketscanadashop com/]north face outlet regularity on ultramarathon courses, high-country trails, The North Face Gore Tex Water resistant Jackets Womens In Dark-colored sale, and big walls And, as the calendar clicked toward the latest millennium, the north face coat The North Face launched its own line of trekking plus trail-running shoes to ultimately address the head-to-toe needs of these always striving for your next horizon

Identify the particular company The North Experience for the reason that included in the northern hemisphere to the north pitch in the mountain tops is the coldest your deepest ideal by far the most difficult to scale your medial side alluding about the actual climbers continually courageous as a way to meet the difficulties Moreover on The brand's custom logo is obtained from your usa Yosemite jacketscanadashop com/]the north face Yosemite Countrywide Park fifty percent Dome Mountain / hill Half Dome that is subsequently rise the natural stone mountain climbing buffs the ultimate aim North Face Men's Along Jackets major qualified open-air physical activities merchandise 40 Years of Invention and Exploration The North Face are named to the coldest, most unforgiving side of any mountain

Read More:
    jacketscanadashop com/] jacketscanadashop com/
    bridgescafe net/forum/member php?u=238819]The North Face Womens El Rio Sandal Quicksilver/fuschia
    caoockhangphu org/member php?u=206262]north face coat is the perfect outfit to blur the gender divide : hello baby
    fretboards net/forum/memberlist php?mode=viewprofile&u=132780]North Face Backpack Sale ? Work at Home Jobs
    bmqhorses com/guestbook/addguest html]Cheap The North Face L/S Baselayer Shirt ¨C Youth ¨C Girl's 2012
    lliria es/aytolliria/forums newthread action?forum=1]North Face Mens Vests ? Work at Home Jobs

excinogex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

North Face jackets for men Face Jackets Outlet

North Face Windstopper Soft Shell Jacket Mens NO 00104 penniless, and such a smash of cheap north deal with dissipation that no pretty good house will admit the pup Its a stiff good old family, that The North Face Windproof 3 in one particular Jacket Mens NO 00124 Swigs family His mother keeps him threading in and out of cheap north face jail, just to be rid of che North Face Clearance ap jacketscanadashop com/]north face outlet north skin him She is a Your North Face Windproof several in 1 Jacket Guys NO 00123 curious mother but after i think how he looks and acts, how can I speculate she keeps him in jail Thought about to put him generally there twiceI had The North Experience Triclimate 3 in 1 Jacket Mens NO 00204 Madame Fl north face clearance amingo gets to be emphatic

They have helped explorers reach one of the most unfathomable heights of your Himalayas But Men's Waterproof Leather coats legend begins, ironically, on a beach More precisely, San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood, at an altitude connected with only 150 feet on top of sea level It was here around 1966 that jacketscanadashop com/]the north face two walking enthusiasts resolved to adhere to their passions and founded a smallish mountaineering retail store The North Face happens to be associated with quality and good design Treat someone special this year with a gift using their wide range With your wellness great within of Outlet North Skin, nevertheless well-liked with an array of producer sport movement Pockets, even chilly winter, individuals nevertheless choose North Deal with Backpacks to accomplishing a thing or sport

Identify the particular brand name The North Experience for the reason that inside the northern hemisphere to the north pitch through the mountain tops is your coldest your deepest ideal probably the most difficult to scale this medial side alluding around the actual climbers continually courageous so that they can meet the difficulties On top of that on The brand's custom logo is obtained from the usa Yosemite jacketscanadashop com/]the north face Yosemite Countrywide Park 1 / 2 Dome Mountain / hill Half Dome that is certainly subsequently rise the rock mountain climbing buffs the final aim North Face Men's Down Jackets major qualified open-air physical activities merchandise 40 Years of Invention and Exploration The North Face are named to the coldest, most unforgiving side of your mountain

Read More:
    jacketscanadashop com/] jacketscanadashop com/
    skincarecompany net/forum/member php?u=233863]North Face Outlet, Discount north face jackets outlet online
    sakaeya-auto co jp/cgi-bin/c-002/sa-bbs/visit/main pl?PAGE_NUM=1]People choose North Face as their favorite brand
    ticketsr com/forum/profile php?id=614239]womens north face coats Citys women hanging onto leading duos
    mipa unsri ac id/mail php]north face shoes women ? Work at Home Jobs
    saudi-marka com/vb/member php?u=16832]the north face hats Item Not Found

Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Jeff,

Thanks for all the great info.

louisyi12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you incorporate a week of medium intensity training after 4 or 5 weeks of high intensity training?

jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jicbeatz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yeah i think also that sleeping recovers above other things!

KINGNEEZY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good read thnx

ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThePrince86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Jeff

Koalamaisteri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have noticed that many teenagers around my age (~17yo) who goes to gym with me sleeps only <7hours a night and then they are talking about how they dont recover enough fast.
    Im sleeping 8-9 hours every night and im fine with recovering from training 5 times a week at gym.

Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etrain2330 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you incorporate any energy work?

Great post. I work with a young ball player from Canada who is on a scholarship to a uni in Ohio... I stress always his nervous system and getting regular myofacial net tuneups with a bodytalk practitioner. Seeing as I don't have nough posts, I can't put up the URL. Bodytalksystem
    Etrain

Originally Posted by jpaluseo View Post
    QUICK RECOVERY

How to Recover Quicker: Everything You Need to Know About 'Recovery and Regeneration'

Are you developing slowly from your workouts, and not as quickly as your work out partners? Are you tired and sore at the beginning of each work out? You haven't recovered from your last workout, do you know why? Does this sound like you? If it does, take a few minutes and learn how important recovery is to your fitness success.

Rest and recovery are a critical component to athletic success. Follow these strategies and you will reduce injuries and dramatically improve your performance!
    Sleep

Sleep is a critical part of recovery. Most athletes need 7 ? 9 hours of sleep every night beginning and ending at about the same times. Too much sleep, too little sleep or long naps can inhibit the bodies ability to adapt to the stresses of training. Deep sleep will encourage the release of hormones for recovery of muscles, tendons and ligaments as well as the immune system. Lighter sleep stages will help to reinforce neural patterns stimulated during training sessions. Drugs, alcohol, environmental changes, delayed bed times and illness can all disrupt normal sleeping patterns and as a result your recovery.

General Post Training Strategies

Ten to fifteen minutes in a swimming pool or exercise consisting of large general movements of the body can relax, refresh and speed the process of recovery. A 3 - 4 minute hot tub alternated with a 30 - 60 second cold plunge repeated for three reps can greatly foster the recovery process. For relaxation, end with a warm environment which will encourage sleep. For recovery between training sessions, end with a cold bout. The cold tub should not exceed 10 degrees Celsius.

Specific Post Training Strategies

Metabolic fatigue is volume related. It can result from training session lasting more than an hour, multiple training sessions, as well as the overall cumulative effect of fatigue on the body. You can help your recovery by the use of re-hydration and refueling immediately after training and competition. Metabolic fatigue can be recognized by early the onset of fatigue, normal training seems more difficult, or you struggle to complete the session.

Neural fatigue of the peripheral nervous system is also volume related and is caused by high intensity sessions or long low to moderate sessions of training. You can recover from this fatigue by hydrotherapy, light active and static stretching as well as massage. Neural fatigue is expressed by low power output, heavy/slow feet and poor technique.

Neural fatigue of the central nervous system is caused by low blood glucose levels brought on by high pressure training sessions involving rapid decisions and reactions or just training monotony. This type of neural fatigue is expressed by lack of motivation/passion and can be recovered by steady intake of carbohydrate during and after training, rest and alternative activities such as music, movies and video games.

Psychological fatigue is caused by team conflict, competitive pressures or other outside stressors such as school and personal or social conflicts. This type of fatigue is expressed by loss of confidence and/or lowered self esteem; poor interaction and communication among team members; negative attitudes; increased anxiety and poor sleep patterns. This fatigue can be recovered by activities such as reading, movies, books, video games, etc.

Environmental and Travel fatigue is caused by disruption of normal routines such as sleep patterns, meal timing, increased sitting or standing requirements, cultural changes, climatic differences and time change. This fatigue is usually expressed with longer warm-up needs and slower starts to the workout, increased unforced errors in early competition and earlier onset of fatigue. Recovery strategies for this type of fatigue include proper preparation and planning for training and travel: adequate hydration and refueling patterns; limiting climate stressors such as extreme heat or cold; minimize visual fatigue with sunglasses and limited computer time and minimizing hearing fatigue by wearing ear plugs on long flights and limiting loud music on mp3 players.

Post Training Recovery Schedule

Immediately After

Restore fluid and glycogen levels by drinking .6 1 L of sports drink
    Eat quality protein and low glycemic carbohydrate snacks
    Stretch lightly with active and short duration static (10 seconds or less)
    Walk or jog lightly to assist lactate recovery
    Check weight to gauge sweat loss
    Listen to relaxing music

At Home

Continue to rehydrate and refuel
    Shower and end with alternate hot/cold showers (30 seconds each) for 3 ? 5 reps
    Have a balanced meal of quality protein, low ? moderate glycemic carbohydrate
    Utilize a relaxation or music to unwind
    Evening Bath to relax
    Long stretches and/or PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation) is a more advanced form of flexibility training that involves both the stretching and contraction of the muscle group being targeted.
    Self massage

Prepare for bed

Incorporate visualization and/or relaxation techniques
    Sleep 7-9 hours. If unable to sleep, get up, jot down the problem(s) that kept you awake, or make a list

Next morning

Monitor your body respiration and heart rate as well as how you feel
    Weigh in
    Record in your training journal
    As you can see recovery is critically important to your performance. If you don't recover, you can't adequately prepare your self for your next fitness session. Take the time to recover properly. You'll feel better, train better, and most important perform better.

I hope you found this answer helpful. To learn more and to ask any fitness question you may have, visit . I promise we'll try to help and answer any every question you pose.

Thanks for stopping by; and stay fit. Remember staying fit will make you feel better, look better, and definitely improve your game.

Jeff
    "all posts are from my personal life experiece and educational background perspective, non-aggressive (regardless of how you read it) and written just how I would say it in real life. ..

Www.thintruckin.com
    http://ca.linkedin.com/in/iamericmorrison/

Former anabolic mod at superior muscle...as in, back in da day...:)
    Former transformation specialist/strength and conditioning coach @ muscletech
    Former writer and diet consultant @nxlabs (contract job)

Musgoso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dude, i like it, but it has 10 meals each day, i can handle that, i am jugling to have 6 meals a day, and consider myself a very comited guy

Originally Posted by Greg_Wasson View Post
    A good diet whether you goal is to cut weight, gain weight or even maintain your current body has to be complex, meaning it contains both macronutrients - protein, carbohydrates and fats and micronutrients - vitamins and minerals. Not only is it important for complexity in a diet but nutrient timing is another very important factor for bodybuilders, powerlifters and other athletes, if your not getting the right nutrients when your body is in need of them you will not reach your full potential. For anyone who is serious about dieting it is a good idea to get reasonable knowledge of foods, like knowing what nutrients are in the food you are eating (for example: an egg is about 12% protein, 10% fat and a good source of Riboflavin, Vitamin A, D and a few other micronutrients).

Proteins are made of amino acids and the body uses them for growth and maintenance. When we exercise the use of protein is very important for building muscle but we can't rely on protein alone because it is an inferior source of energy for the body. Our protein sources should come from beef, chicken, eggs, tuna, fish, kangaroo (I'm Australian) and I am a big believer in light milk.

Carbohydrates are important in any diet even a cutting cycle because they are our number one source of energy. There is a huge misunderstanding when it comes to sugars and complex carbohydrates with most people believing sugar is the enemy but you would be surprised, the thing you have to look out for is the GI (Glycemic Index) level of the foods we eat. Many monosaccharides (sugars) we eat are in fact low GI which is a good thing. This is why white bread and white potatoes are being left out of diets now, they are both disaccharides (complex) but higher on the GI scale. Our main sources of carbohydrates will be low GI like basmati or brown rice, pasta, oats, sweet potato and multigrain breads.

Majority of our fats will come from our protein sources and cooking oils. Once again this is a nutrient that has been avoided over the years because of a bad wrap, people generally like to avoid it because of the name so we will call it lipids from now on. Lipids are important for our fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E and K because without lipids in our diet these vitamins wouldn't be digested and absorbed by the body. It is also important for healthy skin, hair and many other bodily functions.

Vitamins and minerals are extremely important for general health and even more important for someone training, they are in every food we eat (some more than others) but our main sources will be fruit and vegetables.

Water is the single most important part of any diet. Drink it with meals, before meals and after meals. No excuses!

Now time for a sample diet with correct nutrient timing. This is where the bulkers, cutters and maintainers have to think for themselves with meal portions and total energy intake as I am not going to specify on size of meals.

Wake up - We have been fasting for about 8 hours while we sleep and our body is craving nutrients and needs the metabolism to kick start for the day. We want some nutrients to drive straight in to the body so we don't want anything that will slow digestion here like too much fat or fibre.

Optimum 100% Whey Gold w/ water (protein)
    Orange (carbohydrates)

1 hour later - By now our wake up snack is digested and flowing through our bloodstream, so it's time for a proper complex breakfast now. Something that will give us a heap of energy for the day ahead and feed our muscles effectively.

Egg - soft boiled is best (protein and lipids)
    Oatmeal w/ milk (carbohydrates and protein)
    Green Tea (antioxidants and natural caffeine)

2-3 hours later - Our huge breakfast is just about burnt out and we are starting to get hungry for another complex meal.

Beef - grilled for leaning and maintenance, fried in olive oil for bulking (protein and lipids)
    Pasta - not overcooked to keep GI low (carbohydrates)
    Vegetables
    Light milk (protein)

2-3 hours later - If we are doing an afternoon training session this is our pre workout meal. Nutrient timing comes in to play here because we want to top up our glycogen stores and get amino acids flowing in the blood so we can train to our maximum potential. Fat and fibre are cut down so our meal is completely digested by our workout.

Lean chicken - grilled (proteins)
    Basmati rice - not overcooked to keep GI low (carbohydrates)
    Light milk (proteins)

1.5 hours later - Whey protein is the best source of protein and we have 30 mins until we train so lets get a little extra protein flowing along with some carbohydrates.

Optimum 100% Whey Gold w/ water (proteins)
    Low GI sugar (carbohydrates)

30 minutes later - Pre workout boosters have become a staple supplement for many lifters, athletes and especially in the diets I use and recommend. They help get the body hydrated before a workout, stimulate the nervous system and the mind and will push you beyond limits of a normal session.

All American EFX K-otic w/ water

Post training - Now is the most critical time for nutrients and we need to rush them straight in to our bodies. Glycogen stores are emptied and in order to recover we need to refill them and fill our muscles with amino acids and creatine. This is the time high GI carbohydrates are important. Also hydration is important now so water will be drunk quite often for the next 2 hours.

Dextrose
    BSN Aminox
    MHP Glutamine-SR
    Con-Cret creatine
    Optimum Amino Tabs
    Animal Pak

30 minutes later - Time for the basic post workout shake of protein and carbohydrates.

BSN Syntha-6
    Dextrose

1 hour later - Back to another complex meal and to keep the recovery process happening.

Kangaroo (protein)
    Sweet potato (carbohydrates)
    Vegetables
    Eggs (protein and lipids)

2-3 hours later - Bed time soon so we want something that will get us through the night or at least most of it. Lipids and fiber can play a good role here in slowing digestion so we have a constant flow of nutrients all night.

Almonds (lipids, protein and carbohydrates)
    Fish or flax oil (lipids)
    Light greek yoghurt (protein)
    Strawberries (carbohydrates)

That's a pretty easy to understand and follow diet and just remember water, water, water!