MetalMXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Probably need a new routine

Hey what's up guys, I'm a guy age 28 and I've been working out for a while. I mostly want to just get stronger cuz right now I'm unemployed and have nothing better to do. I go to the gym, 24 hr fitness is where I go and for the most part I'm admittedly uncreative with my workout routines. Probably why I've hit a plateau for a while. A lot of what I do is work on the arms+upper body in one day, then the next I do the situp type exercises and leg exercises, and every once in a while I hit the treadmill or run outside for a while. So basically it's like upper body one day, lower body the next. I wouldn't mind gaining a little weight as I'm kinda skinny, that might be a requirement for getting stronger (maybe not) I'm weighing at about 145 lbs. these days at 5'10" so I'm probably a hard gainer.

Anyway what I find interesting is when people say you shouldn't do the same muscles every day. Are these people lazy or are they actually right? Cuz I used to work at a farm and let me tell ya, I definitely had to use my arms pretty intensely every day and that put some definition on em. I like running because it comes naturally to me, I did over 7 miles at a 1.0 incline on a treadmill in about one hour and I don't do it all the time but I guess I shy away from working as much as I want to in one day because A) well sometimes my knee starts to ache and I don't wanna lose my ability to run, and B) they "say" you shouldn't do the same muscles every day and C) maybe you could say I get lazy sometimes. But is it actually going to hurt you to say, run or jog a little every day and then do some bench pressing and arm curls later? Bench pressing every day is actually less beneficial than every 3 days or whatever?

Yeah this is pretty complicated stuff, it's funny I've been working out for like 12 years now and I still don't know where to start in terms of defining a routine. So I'll start with this and we'll see what kinda Q&A people have and go from there.
    Last edited by MetalMXX; 12-11-2012 at 02:41 AM.

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    you need to investigate Starting Strenght or another beginners routine and start to eat.
    my workout log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147657213
    my blog about weight lifting -> http://jsaarelainen.wordpress.com/
    "May the sun illuminate thy path!"

my currents : sq 319 - dl 419 - bp - 231 - ohp 143
    my goals 2014 : sq 341 - dl 440 - bp 242 - ohp 154

MetalMXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ulsak View Post
    you need to investigate Starting Strenght or another beginners routine and start to eat.
    Yea I don't think eating is a problem here, I try to eat after I work out as soon as I can but I stopped drinking protein shakes cuz those made me piss like crazy. But I'll look into Starting Strength I guess thanks.