NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NoWeakness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Is 20 minutes cardio good enough?

Right now I'm doing 20 minutes cardio every day since I don't have a gym membership yet (gotta pay some bills off first). I'm eating between 1800-2000 calories a day.

mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm sure every bit helps, but in terms of maximum efficiency, I remember reading that it takes a good 20+ minutes for your body to burn through its glycogen store. In order to burn fat, your body needs to use up most of the available glycogen before it can rely on fat for energy. I'm not sure if this is completely right but check here: http://www.sixpacknow.com/fatlosstips.html

I'm not going to touch on fasted cardio cause that's an argument waiting to happen but in general, try to run longer or walk longer if possible.

GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    cardio shud be atleast 45 min...

any less is **** all

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by NoWeakness View Post
    Right now I'm doing 20 minutes cardio every day since I don't have a gym membership yet (gotta pay some bills off first). I'm eating between 1800-2000 calories a day.
    Depends upon the intensity, but differences compared to not doing any at all will be small.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it takes atlest 20mins of exercies before your body starts using up its fat stores, so u should be doing a lil more.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!"

mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10) mpi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you lift first, you're using glycogen for energy so it's best to do some heavy lifting and then start your cardio. That way, you're feeding off fat stores and not glycogen (which previously went to good use w/ ur lifting).

myofibrillar hypertrophy Wild_Weasel's Avatar
    Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wild_Weasel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nope, it has to be 21 minutes.

Just kidding. There is no magic number. If you are eating 1800-2000 cals a day, the fat loss shoudl take care of itself, but if you want the cal deficit to be even bigger, those 20 minutes should burn a couple hundred extra cals.
    YGBSM
    "In a world full of compromise, some men DON'T." - H&K slogan

"There aint no easy way, no there aint no easy way out." - BRMC

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112745771

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GeneticFreak300 View Post

any less is **** all
    45 minutes is an arbitrary number that people beleive marks the point at which you tap fat stores. I think it's a joke. Most over fat guys would take hours to deplete glycogen. Also, the morons that put this myth out there achieve nothing more than discouraging people trying to loose weight.

Start with 15-20 minutes of moderate cardio per day x 6 days. Increase by 5 minutes every other week until you hit 30 minutes. At that point, I would break it into two sessions - back to 15 minutes each. I used this approach to loose a boatload of weight and to get ready for a contest.

With the right eating plan, this approach will work.
    Last edited by Cape1; 09-13-2008 at 03:12 AM.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100) aussie86 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    45 minutes is an arbitrary number that people beleive marks the point at which you tap fat stores. I think it's a joke. Most over fat guys would take hours to deplete glycogen. Also, the morons that put this myth out there achieve nothing more than discouraging people trying to loose weight.

Start with 15-20 minutes of moderate cardio per day x 6 days. Increase by 5 minutes every other week until you hit 30 minutes. At that point, I would break it into two sessions - back to 15 minutes each. I used this approach to loose a boatload of weight and to get ready for a contest.

x 2.... seems very logical to me, only thing i would say is keep them intense..
    I WILL FIND TOLKANO.. YES I WILL

Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When you think like this, its not enough. Try doin as much cardio as you can and are able and have time to do. The more you do, the better results youll get ofcourse

But as you might know, your diet is more important then your cardio but nothing you should avoid or do less of if you can manage that my friend
    "A single measurement is worth a thousand opinions"

:: 6'3 256lb Endo :: MasterJedi's Avatar
    MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Working your way up from 30 minutes to an hour would be good. Usually on workout days I do LI cardio on empty stomach or after lift for 45 minutes. On non workout days, LI cardio for an hour.

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post

What kind of diet is OP on? If on keto style diet, 45 minutes at Low Intensity would be great for fatloss.
    Last edited by MasterJedi; 09-13-2008 at 05:32 AM.
    \m/ Hook'em Horns \m/

"The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas are upon you all the live long day ...

The Eyes of Texas are upon you, you cannot get away ...

Do not think you can escape them at night or early in the morn ...

The Eyes of Texas are upon you 'till Gabriel blows his horn ."

\m/ hook'em horns \m/

Short term goal is to weight 230lbs....

Long term goal is to weight 200lbs....

I am at 256lbs. Started at 286lbs at the middle of August 09.

scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scoopersc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    20 min of HIIT is all you need and is all you should be able to do. I'm dead after just 20 min and you should be whipped as well.

Budzsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budzsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budzsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Budzsta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends on a whole bunch of things..

If you have JUST woken up and get to a gym before eating, and get your heart rate close to your max then yes you will be chewing into fat..

Be sure to go home and eat some fast metabolising carbs to tell your body NOT to go into starvation mode so you wont put ALL your weight back on at your next meal.

If you think you're up to it, try limiting your carbs to 100g a day (thats a bout 2 bread rolls and a cup of rice) and dont eat ANY after 4pm.

If you find it easy cut to 50.. I've always had cravings for ice cream and stuff like that, but im into about 1 week of 50 grams or less and now i crave bread :|
    Last edited by Budzsta; 09-13-2008 at 05:47 AM. Reason: typo

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mpi View Post
    If you lift first, you're using glycogen for energy so it's best to do some heavy lifting and then start your cardio. That way, you're feeding off fat stores and not glycogen (which previously went to good use w/ ur lifting).
    There are no studies showing that people who use this exercise sequence lose more weight or fat after weeks and months of training.

This is typical forumite broscience at its worst.

Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lezgetitdone is on a distinguished road. (+10)

any less is **** all
    lol dont know what your talking about but i use to jog for like 20m and went from fat to musclar one summer... it was probably because it was my first time in my life every exercising everyday like that... you know what the funny part is guys? I ate around 4k calories a day.. i seriously never changed my diet.. i thought i wasnt gonna lose any weight but when school comes around everyone is like is that you???

thekwon47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try alternating days of HIIT if you only have 20 minutes. It will help you burn more calories around the clock.

You could also try doing bodyweight exercises in circuits. Crossfit has some incredible 20 minute workouts that will help you cut fat quickly.

I'll eat your banana. BananaBoy's Avatar
    BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BananaBoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Personally, I do 1+ hour a day.

Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500) Changing. is not very helpful. (-500)
    The PE teacher at the school I work at says, When you do cardio, you need to keep you heart rate over 120 for 20 minutes

ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ponshoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Any amount of cardio is beneficial, but it will be x2 beneficial double it to 40 mins if its Low intensity cardio. If its high intensity, i would keep it like that or add a few minutes more per day in order to progress and avoid get used to it.

:: 6'3 256lb Endo :: MasterJedi's Avatar
    MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000) MasterJedi is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Changing. View Post
    The PE teacher at the school I work at says, When you do cardio, you need to keep you heart rate over 120 for 20 minutes
    Add twenty-five more minutes and you got it.
    \m/ Hook'em Horns \m/

"The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas are upon you all the live long day ...

The Eyes of Texas are upon you, you cannot get away ...

Do not think you can escape them at night or early in the morn ...

The Eyes of Texas are upon you 'till Gabriel blows his horn ."

\m/ hook'em horns \m/

Short term goal is to weight 230lbs....

Long term goal is to weight 200lbs....

I am at 256lbs. Started at 286lbs at the middle of August 09.

unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) unsoberx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you have to do about 60 to 70 minutes of cardio exercise, at least 5 days a week. 20 minutes of cardio is too little

"It is nature that sets off in one class those who are chiefly intellectual, in another those who are marked by muscular strength and temperament, and in a third those who are distinguished in neither one way or the other, but show only mediocrity. The last-named represents the great majority." -The Antichrist, Sect 57

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no less then 12 minutes, your body takes 12 minutes to open up the lipids, then anything after that is productive, so try to double it, like 25-30 minutes is great..

malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10) malcontent is on a distinguished road. (+10)

any less is **** all
    absolute statement is absolutely wrong.

It depends on the type of cardio and what your goal is.

Studly. Manly. Tough. powerstripe89's Avatar
    powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) powerstripe89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lmao at all of the conflicting views in this thread...it just confirms to me that any cardio is good, 30 minutes works for me, you just have to find what works for you OP
    My success is achieved by reaching failure. When I can't do one more rep, that's when I've succeeded.

Forever cutting.

cheeery21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post 20 min cardio

They said that after 20 min of doing cardio your body will start to burn the fat so I have to do more than 20 min cardio daily is that reall

Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100) Bvb09fan is not very well liked. (-100)
    almost hit that legendary 10 year bump achievement...

lifechange99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can get cut on NO CARDIO

Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by scoopersc View Post
    20 min of HIIT is all you need and is all you should be able to do. I'm dead after just 20 min and you should be whipped as well.
    ^^^^ do this once your able. This is much more effective than doing 30-45 min or more of LISS (steady state cardio). All I see in the gym now is the easy slow poo-poo cardio. HIIT is intense but works much better afterwards as it burns more calories because of your higher metabolism boost.
    FIERCE 5
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout (Thanks Kimm4)
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167871451
    https://legionathletics.com/body-recomposition/

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tobey77 View Post
    When you think like this, its not enough. Try doin as much cardio as you can and are able and have time to do. The more you do, the better results youll get ofcourse

But as you might know, your diet is more important then your cardio but nothing you should avoid or do less of if you can manage that my friend
    The remark about diet is spot on...it takes first place. On the cardio question I know I feel a kick into high gear about the 10- 15 minute mark and go longer from there depending how I feel. Your bodies que's are what matters listen to them but dont just coast and wimp out either.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.