LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Using Keto to knock off 3-6% bf

Hey all, I'm new to this KETO diet but today was my first day on it and, I have to admit, it wasn't all too bad.

It was kind of hard for me in the morning

Snacks and meals throughout the day:

1: Whey protein with tbsp of pb. (Water)
    2: Whey protein, snack (Water).
    3: Full cup of nuts w/ Cup of whole milk.
    4: Whey protein PWO + Another cup of whole milk.
    Now, for dinner:
    5: 16oz steak, + egg beaters (2 servings).
    6: Bout to top off with Fatty cottage cheese or some more nuts

So today, I got about 1800-1900 calories coming from

Protein: ~210-220
    Carbs: <60g
    Fat: 120g

The morning started out kind of rough but dinner was well worth the wait!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to eat a salad (no dressing) with other veggies, 6 Hard boiled eggs (removing the yolk), and a Cup of Whole milk.

Kind of excited. I can't wait until I start seeing results. How long does it usually take?

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    You want to be getting something like 65% calories from fat, 30% calories from protein and 5% calories from carbs. This will make sure that your body is using fat as a primary energy source instead of protein. I've tried high protein carb cycling before and found it way worse now that I've actually tried real keto.

More meats, cheeses, full fat everything.

Salad with ranch dressing. No egg beaters, no removing yolks, all full eggs. No whole milk, only full fat whipping cream (lower carb). Cottage cheese is pretty high in carbs. Some nuts are good, cashews and peanuts are high in carb though. All your meals should be protein+fat.

Even if you know how to do normal keto and were planning on doing a high protein diet, I would recommend you try keto for a few weeks (enough time to get fat-adapted). Man I wish I would have found keto earlier. Makes cutting so much funner and easier, I feel better and do better in the gym, with the same results as hardcore high-protein carb cycling.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

HST has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DJohnson View Post
    You want to be getting something like 65% calories from fat, 30% calories from protein and 5% calories from carbs. This will make sure that your body is using fat as a primary energy source instead of protein. I've tried high protein carb cycling before and found it way worse now that I've actually tried real keto.

More meats, cheeses, full fat everything.

Salad with ranch dressing. No egg beaters, no removing yolks, all full eggs. No whole milk, only full fat whipping cream (lower carb). Cottage cheese is pretty high in carbs. Some nuts are good, cashews and peanuts are high in carb though. All your meals should be protein+fat.

Even if you know how to do normal keto and were planning on doing a high protein diet, I would recommend you try keto for a few weeks (enough time to get fat-adapted). Man I wish I would have found keto earlier. Makes cutting so much funner and easier, I feel better and do better in the gym, with the same results as hardcore high-protein carb cycling.
    I didn't know the body used protein as an energy source.

LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LarryByrd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This morning I had about 8 scrambled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, and some cottage cheese with a cup of whole milk.

So far, about 20 G of carbs, 60-80g of Fat, and 50-60g of protein.

I'm gonna stay away from carbs the rest of the day.

hey all, sorry I haven't been keeping updated with the diet but I am making SOME progress, I think.

I started weighing 210lbs, now I'm down to 206 in just 6 days! I still feel fat though

Is it normal that my stomach feels flabby. It doesn't feel as hard as when I diet normally. Sometimes when I eat a full meal I can feel the hardness.

I know I might be losing some muscle on this diet, but if I'm losing weight that guarantees that I'm also losing body fat right?!

Edit: I recently just purchased Animal Cuts. Is it a good idea to use it while on this diet or should I wait until I'm done with Keto?
    Last edited by LarryByrd; 09-15-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Here are some progress pics if anyone is interested. I will post more in about 2 weeks.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post220055301